Anime Endings that made you cry. . .

anohana... it was beautiful... i'm looking for more sad anime, watched angel beats, but i did not feel anything... o.o
i stopped watching clannad at episode 11 because nagisa pisses me off so bad T.T

Air,Kanon,Nanoha,Shana...Although I have something misunderstand in Air,but I still cry for 観鈴 at last.It's so strange.Air impress me a lot.Nowadays,when I hear the Summer Lights,I can recall the story of Air and feel sadness.

that would be the ending of Code geass R2, that made me so upset I re watched that episode like 14 times cause I didnt belive That ending to be currect XD

Recently, Tasogare Otome X Amnesia (aka Dusk Maiden of Amnesia). It was so beautiful. Then the last 3 minutes made me rage and scream at my computer.

It's not often anime makes me cry but Clannad after story really made me sad to the point that I wasn't sure if I could continue watching without taking a break, especially in the latter episodes.
It's still on my mind to this day, and it reminds me that an person saying that anime is for children or kids, really have know idea about the real deal.

other shows worth mentioning are
Code Geass R2
Chrono Crusade
Cowboy Bebop
H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~
Katanagatari
Ginban Kaleidoscope

Not all of these have necessarily made me shed tears but each gave me a hard time at some point.

so far that i can remember atm are
-chrono crusade
-elfen lied
-angel beats
-clannad (not so much but still make me quite sad)
:D

Basically, I do not see animes. It may be possible to be strange for you, why I am here. I like rather books, manga than anime or game. I haven't seen so many anime. But several anime are impressive for me.

At present, I can remember one anime. (old one for you though).

灰羽連盟 Haibane Renmei (Charcoal Feathers Federation, CFF).
The ending of this anime is in a sense "stereotype". Many stories have this kind of stereotype.

"Haibane Renmei" contains really very important theme in the settings of the world. It introduces metaphysical problem. Or at least, Existential problems. Jaspers oder Heidegger, or Sartre. Time and Existenz..

However, Anime did not extend its fundamental theme (It may be just my mirage, possibly).

But the last episode sometimes made me with tears (13 episodes in total). We are existence of solitude. Human soul is always alone. And Life is really uncompleted anytime. Though the anime has ending, but our life does not have ending. The death of us brings us some kind of quasi-completion of Life.

_ mrd

Angel Beats and Grave of the Fireflies.
Both made me bawl like a little child. *sniff*

First of all it dosent take much for me to cry. Apparently im oversensitive and over Compassionate to peoples emotions, so says my therapist. Show me somebody cry and i might start crying to. So there is no way i could try to recall all of the anime that made me cry (probably all of them that didn't have a happy ending.)

Some I can remember,
Elfen Lied (Anime I cryed, Manga i died... Good thing my mom keeps the defibulator handy) :dead: jk
Witchblade ("She lost her sense of taste" :crushed:)
Fate/Stay night
Mirai Nikki (Im still depressed)

Ano Hana made me cry my eyes out.
Had to immediately call the person (at around 2:30AM) who recommended it to me and cry at them, mumbling barely coherent things in between sobs. I don't know why it got to me so much, but it really did. I cried my eyes out that night. D':

I woke up and found myself more frustrated than sad at the ending. = 3=;

Haven't cried to an anime yet. Clannad and Clannad After Story wasn't enough.

Haven't cried to an anime yet. Clannad and Clannad After Story wasn't enough.

Well you could always try watching 'Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion' both season 1 and 2. The ending drew a lot of different emotions from different viewers. Even though the Animation quality might be a little dated, it still worth watching if you really want to see the twists and character developments between a variety cast members.

Many people cried when they watch elfen lied

Last edited:
I cry a lot because of anime... I balled my eyes out when L died. And Light, but not as much >o< Oh, and when Yuki and Zero were separated in the manga. I hate the anime adaption of Vampire Knight. But don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Yume fan. I like Yume more than Zeki. :/

hmm none of made me really cry a lot. i remember i shed a tear for clannad though. i did tear up in the Da Capo series though. for emotions in general, G-senjou no maou was able to get me angry

I'm not sure if any ending in particular made me really sad, although sometimes for good ones I am sad they are over.
It is usually more a scene here or there that get to me, and I've never actually gone all out crying on anything.
I guess it would be stuff like Mayushi at the graveyard (Steins;Gate) or the end of just about every Natsume Yuujinchou episode for me for some unknown reason.

Mmm im quite the sensitive guy. I cry a little at some emotional scenes now and then... i cant help it.
In the other hand there are super awesome action scenes that come out so wonderfully done that they
made me shed tears of pure awe.

For instance the fighting scene with Sahaquiel in the Rebuild of Evangelion series that was looked so awesome
that im overcome by emotion everytime i watch it.

Then again, while i dont cry i feel quite sad when any good anime ends. It feels like saying goodbye to an old
friend who you dont know if you are ever going to meet again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Panda_409 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
sorry,https://www.anime-sharing.com/members/nihonjaki90.129971/ link is dead,can you reupload it?thank u!
a3526370 wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01031777.html
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/230414-色仕掛け工房-淫魔てんぷてーしょん-ver23-08-21-rj01031777.1302627/
please upload version 2.0.0 thanks!
AUO wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi is there Can you reupload this?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01042053.html

Could you please upload this game?I have spent months searching for it, but no luck at all.