What phone do you have ? And how much do you spend buying a phone ?

GenKiDan

おわり
Elite Member
Apr 12, 2012
As the title says,1. what phone do you have, 2. how much did it cost you.
And how much money do you consider reasonable too use for buying a phone, like what is too much, and what do you consider a good average pricepoint for a phone for most ppl to buy should be ?

I'm particularly curious about those of you here that buy the more expesive phones though, like smart phones ect.

I myself am considering buying either HTC One or Sony Xperia Z.
But I've always used cheap phones all my life, so I struggle a bit with justifying using so much money on a phone.

[MENTION=159]alexsdu[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=27006]Angelus knight[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=25286]Dante1712[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=27120]DavRoc777[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=25364]Decalcomania[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=28243]egozi44[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=27986]Eucliwood[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=24034]Evac[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=37707]FinalPyre[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=20225]Franela[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=10600]HatoriTakaya[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=38786]Hinode[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=17123]Honest[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=40801]infamous[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=10440]Kasumi chan[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=10809]Keima[/MENTION] ;
[MENTION=12156]Kotoura[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=36246]Lord Zero[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=13464]lpdcomic[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=16309]Mix0r[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=43918]Mаru[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=10379]Neko[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=26148]perrypig123[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=15349]rarely_upset[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=4451]sarnagon[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=3160]sayforever[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=7722]Second_Flight[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=27148]selgon1234[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=34415]Shanghai[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=41523]TsubameGaeshi[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=14353]whatpu[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=4809]Will98[/MENTION] [MENTION=23970]x-Shiki-x[/MENTION] ;[MENTION=17020]~SnowAngel~[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=39264]❤Hanako❤[/MENTION] ;

Last edited:
Reactions: efudgewayne
I always think cell-phones seem like they would be a nuisance to me, so I've still never bought one. If I did, I would probably just go for a cheap/small flip-phone. Maybe having some HD space so I could put music on it would be nice, but if I have a phone, I really just care that it can phone things. :P

I guess this isn't really the kind of feedback you were looking for though, sorry XD

Edit: and suddenly mentioned! :P

hehe yeah, typical of my editing, what a pain adding all those mentions, I wonder if there is an easier way of doing it....sigh

The way you use phones is the way I've used phones pretty much to this point. You would not even believe what phone I got at the present lol....
It doesn't even have colors ! But to be fair thats because it was meant as a backup phone anyway

i dont really bother with this stuff. have a samsung galaxy sII, but it was a present. ofc Nerv custom ui :>

hehe yeah, typical of my editing, what a pain adding all those mentions, I wonder if there is an easier way of doing it....sigh

The way you use phones is the way I've used phones pretty much to this point. You would not even believe what phone I got at the present lol....
It doesn't even have colors ! But to be fair thats because it was meant as a backup phone anyway

Some other people have started bugging me to get a phone (I tell them to e-mail me though) so I might get one in the next year or so but... just another expense, and something to have in my pocket all the time :/

i dont really bother with this stuff. have a samsung galaxy sII, but it was a present. ofc Nerv custom ui :>
Oih, well lucky you, who don't even bother but still ends up with something like it anyway ;}
Some other people have started bugging me to get a phone (I tell them to e-mail me though) so I might get one in the next year or so but... just another expense, and something to have in my pocket all the time :/
hmm they could reach you on the phone then if they email you.

I'd use it as a mini computer, or rather a mini laptop for me to carry. Annoying be tied to a stationary all the time, especially when its sunny outside. Or I'm lying in bed ^^

[MENTION=25661]GenKiDan[/MENTION]; I dunno, it was 5 years ago I bought it... I can tell you when I buy my new phone which will be pretty soon...

phone? i have a droid 4, the phone was free, all i had to do was renew the contract, and since i can get a free phone every 2 years, paying anything is too much lol

[MENTION=25661]GenKiDan[/MENTION] ;
Right now I have the HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio. I have it a year already and back then it was around 650 euros.
But I do have this contract, pretty much the same as Infamous.
I pay on a monthly basis, €45 a month. With that I have Unlimited Internet Access, 700 calling minutes/1400 text messages. To be honest, I rarely call/text people. Why? WhatsApp :3

This contracts last for 2 years. (In a way, buying the phone would be cheaper but..I want Internet xD)
After 2 years the contract ends and I can re-new it. And with that I get the choice to get one of the newest phone from that time.
So..one more year and I get a new phone ^^

I do like Android Smart Phones.
You can do so much with it. Personalize it to your liking.
You don't have that freedom with some other brands. *cough* Apple *cough*

/FinalPyre has a tablet computer.
Hmm that might be a good idea for me to just get a tablet instead, and keep my old backup phone for just calling. Tablet is just like a smart phone in a way running android only with a bigger and more comfortable screen size perhaps ?
[MENTION=25661]GenKiDan[/MENTION]; I dunno, it was 5 years ago I bought it... I can tell you when I buy my new phone which will be pretty soon...
Alright, lets see who does it first then.
phone? i have a droid 4, the phone was free, all i had to do was renew the contract, and since i can get a free phone every 2 years, paying anything is too much lol
An android 4.x something then I suppose you mean. Hmm I should look into what my phone company offers then ! Didn't even think about that.
Right now I have the HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio. I have it a year already and back then it was around 650 euros.
But I do have this contract, pretty much the same as Infamous.
I pay on a monthly basis, €45 a month. With that I have Unlimited Internet Access, 700 calling minutes/1400 text messages. To be honest, I rarely call/text people. Why? WhatsApp :3

This contracts last for 2 years. (In a way, buying the phone would be cheaper but..I want Internet xD)
After 2 years the contract ends and I can re-new it. And with that I get the choice to get one of the newest phone from that time.
So..one more year and I get a new phone ^^

I do like Android Smart Phones.
You can do so much with it. Personalize it to your liking.
You don't have that freedom with some other brands. *cough* Apple *cough*

I RLY do see you on that point, I'm android all the way, apple was never even in consideration.
The price mentioned is about the same I would have to cash out for a htc one with no subscription, but based on what you and infa has brought too light I will have to take a look at my phone company site for what possibilities are available, I too would want/need Internet anyways OFC.

Only thing I'm wondering about now is if I should just get a tablet instead though, since I don't really call much with my phone anyway.

Oh and you said it cost 650 euros back then, but you didn;t pay that right, you just bought a subscription and got the phone for free is that how it worked ? And get an other one 2 years laters if you choose to renew ?

////////////

Interesting input so far from you all, thx.

Oh and you said it cost 650 euros back then, but you didn;t pay that right, you just bought a subscription and got the phone for free is that how it worked ? And get an other one 2 years laters if you choose to renew ?

In a way, yes.
But keep in mind that depending on the subscription, you could end up paying more than for the actual phone.
In my case, the phone was 650 euros. I pay 45 a month and since it's 2 years > 24 x 45 = 1080 euros.
So I do end up a lot more.
But in all honesty..you don't need an Android Phone if you're not going for Internet.
Of course there are places with (perhaps free) Wi-fi but you can't rely on that.

As for the Tablet. You should wager it's pro's and con's.
Most tablets don't really fit into your pocket. But you can do as much (some even more) with it as with a phone.
You wouldn't mind carrying both (the phone and the tablet) with you most of the time? One for calls etcetc and the other for..entertainment I guess. I don't really see a point of having a tablet and a phone when you can have both of them in 1.
(Still that's coming from me, who's considering of buying a tablet anyway :x)

Tablet is probably a better choice if you aren't going to use it for calling much anyways. Most tablets would just be like a larger, supercharged phone. I primarily use mine to do flashcards, watch anime, and check e-mail while I am out and about. You can still get an android one to use all the apps you would with a phone, and I believe apps exist so that you could basically make it a phone if there is WiFi (or if you get a data plan with a compatible tablet).

Hmm i haz phone... and i barely touch it? xD Well except for that bothersome online class now where the teacher decided to turn into teleconference... otherwise im fine with it just being able to call ;p And i suppose actually function properly unlike that certain crappy phone that a certain person *cough dad cough* gave me cuz my phone was working and his was sort of dead :traitor: Sighs my parents seem to like taking my phone @_@ My mom took the other one i had cuz.. well hers was dying as well :/ I guess they just assume that since i barely use it anyways it doesnt matter if it works well or not :/

Well i always take a phone with the re new the contract and i am looking not to have more than 45 euro per month (Mobile internet and talking time) so i had always a discount near to 150 - 170 euro so the other money of the device i chose i give it when on my own.

Reactions: Anestis
Currently I'm using Nokia 110. One of mistake I've ever done. Bought it last year for RM130(around USD$40-50)
The reason I bought the new phone was because it has camera, unfortunately unknown to me, it only have 0.3MP.

I only use handphone just for calling, SMS, camera(you'll never know when you're gonna need to use it) and MP3(use it while driving, since my car radio not working). Don't need all those Internet crap. If I need Internet, I use my PC, much faster and free(sort of). I spent roughly around RM30-50 per 2-3months(it's a prepaid), since I don't talk much and only use SMS for replying other people's SMS.

At most I'm willing to spend on a phone is somewhere around RM500(below USD$200). I don't find the logic of buying expensive smartphone that cost around RM1000-2000(which keep on changing every year - yeah, I'm talking to you, Apple). Better use that much money on my PC and airsofts, which are more practical, IMO.

I've been using an LG chocolate 3 for about 5 or so years http://www.wired.com/images/article/magazine/test2007/mp_lg_chocolate_vx8550_f.jpg

I had an LG chocolate touch before, but it broke after 3 months lol. It's easier to text on normal phones instead of touch ones. I'm not too crazy about the extra things smart phones can do. I'd just use my ipod touch orrr maybe get a tablet :3
my phone is small and that's why i like it lfkansdjgfalbg

iphone 4............ around... 90$
tEiSS1Q.jpg

I have never bought one. My two first phones were hand me downs from my mom, who in turn find them liying in the floor of random rooms of my family´s hotel.

Then again, since all the manganime covers for phones that i have found are for Iphone 4 i been wondering if i should get one.

But then again, its not about the phone at all. I just want to be able to use awesome covers.

[MENTION=43048]Ayuki[/MENTION] ; Still, even if you jailbreak it, it's remains sort of limited >in my opinion< :o

[MENTION=25661]GenKiDan[/MENTION]; I got a old phone, but I also got a Android tablet. Its nice having a tablet so....idk. Besides it always seems to me that older phones get better signals and that's really all i care about :D. Although im sure many new phones are fine.

In a way, yes.
But keep in mind that depending on the subscription, you could end up paying more than for the actual phone.
In my case, the phone was 650 euros. I pay 45 a month and since it's 2 years > 24 x 45 = 1080 euros.
So I do end up a lot more.
But in all honesty..you don't need an Android Phone if you're not going for Internet.
Of course there are places with (perhaps free) Wi-fi but you can't rely on that.

As for the Tablet. You should wager it's pro's and con's.
Most tablets don't really fit into your pocket. But you can do as much (some even more) with it as with a phone.
You wouldn't mind carrying both (the phone and the tablet) with you most of the time? One for calls etcetc and the other for..entertainment I guess. I don't really see a point of having a tablet and a phone when you can have both of them in 1.
(Still that's coming from me, who's considering of buying a tablet anyway :x)
Yeah I've already looked at some subscriptions, and yes they are more expensive than the phone over a course of 12 months as part of the plan offered, but in that price ofc as you already know is an x amount of free data and calling time. I rly need to find a sub plan with just free data and not 2000 free sms's sigh. And I am going for Internet, thats the corner stone. Well I would probably not carry both a phone and a tablet, but the tablet being treated as a semi stationary device for around the House, and the phone for when I'm on the move otherwise. But there in I see my flaw, cause it would suck not having the tablet at a time I rly need/want it, so +1 to the phone. But tablet being more luxurious and complete perhaps, maybe just because of a bigger screen. I must also take into consideration that I rly don't move about very much at all, but there's always the, "yeah but what IF?" And I love the idea of sitting on the porch in the sun with a tablet over a relatively small phone...I think. How's browsing the web, checking news, or ASF on the screen of a phone ? (HTC One also has a 4.7in screen)

[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION] ; Maybe you RLY need a touch phone then....

I've been using an LG chocolate 3 for about 5 or so years

I had an LG chocolate touch before, but it broke after 3 months lol. It's easier to text on normal phones instead of touch ones. I'm not too crazy about the extra things smart phones can do. I'd just use my ipod touch orrr maybe get a tablet :3
my phone is small and that's why i like it lfkansdjgfalbg
REALLY....
And thanks to this ! I actually think I am familiar with that phone already ^.^......:
Best and most awesome advertisement I've ever seen. And clever market placement ! And ofc I would have to admit I just loved it long before I was even aware of a phone anyways...
I've yet to try typing on touch phones, but I heard the new ones are way better than the traditional way of doing it, but those I think about I think have a considerable bigger screen than your chocolate....o.O I know its getting late when I type chocolate and find it's funny all by myself in a silly way haha.

iphone 4............ around... 90$
Huh that sounds so cheap ......thought that was supposed to be expensive.

I just want to be able to use awesome covers.
It's an awesome feeling when you want something for such a fantastic reason! (and I'm not being sarcastic either :D)

Tablet is probably a better choice if you aren't going to use it for calling much anyways.
Yeah a thought that crossed my mind, still trying to weight tablet and and phones against each others. But for a somewhat vague unknown reason I am lenient to a phone.

so the other money of the device i chose i give it when on my own.
sry didn't quite catch that part.

[MENTION=159]alexsdu[/MENTION] ; Well I will probably use mine primarily for different Internet related stuff, audio books, and too some extent the camera so I can just not bother anymore with my standalone digital camera, when I'm not at the PC. But my philosophy as up until now always been the same as yours.

[MENTION=14353]whatpu[/MENTION] ; We got plenty of reception here where I am anyways.

Last edited:
I mean that my re-newing my contract i had an 140 - 170 euro discount from the price o f the device so the rest the money i had to pay from my own.

Using the Phone for browsing is really convenient. I don't have any troubles with a slow connection of sites not opening at all.
But the speed of course depends on your Provider.
And the way your phone handles all of that depend in it's specifications. The better/more processors, the quicker and easier it'll open/load stuff.
My HTC only has a single core, compared to the Galaxy S3 Quad Core, but it still manages to preform equally as good as the Samsung.
As for the screen, you just have to get used to it ^^ You can adjust the zoom on most of the phones, so it's easy to read even the smaller bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。