Status
Not open for further replies.
1)Oh boy, my words are just fine.
2)I didn't blame anyone as a cheater or anything like that, I just gave an example of Hardcore favoritism, of course there is proof for hardcore favoritism and it's infront of your eyes, you're off topic and what you're saying is nonsense, please read well what I wrote in my previous posts, I didn't accuse anyone for cheating or anything like that.

3) ???

Do you know? I don't letting me in this game, so far you're not get rid of this stupid favoritism-theory. Where then... Let's hope for better time.

Reason why SOTM isn't so alive: Votes are biased, and this is also the reason why I stopped applying for SOTM.
Why don't we hear what you consider "unbiased"? Reading through this thread, it looks like you have full confidence that you are a paragon of fairness in a world of hardcore favouritism. Right?

biased votes aren't "everywhere" [...] What I did was to voice out why they don't get more participants [...] telling them to make a wallpaper using only three colors won't teach them, [...] your "GCOTM" won't fix anything nor change anything, it will make things worse and there will be no participants.
I just stated the obvious Hardcore favoritism which is going on in SOTM [...] there are people who really worked on their entry and got their ass handed 'cause of hardcore favoritism. [...] I stated the truth [...] it's pretty obvious that there is some hardcore favoritism going on and I know that I'm not the only one who is saying this and agreeing with this.
of course there is proof for hardcore favoritism and it's infront of your eyes,
There doesn't seem to be any hint of humility in what you say. There doesn't seem to be any attempt on your part to emphasise that your views are just, well, your views, and they can be as biased as anyone else's. You used phrases such as "reason why the SOTM isn't so alive" instead of "I think the SOTM isn't so alive because...", and had to write that in bold and with an enlarged font size. Clearly, you know what "unbiased votes" would be, and you are the authority figure to decide whether a vote is biased or unbiased.

Please, do enlighten us.

'Cause so far only those who are well-known and those whom have a good reputation always get most votes.
Comparatively speaking, you haven't been here for long, have you? In the past, long before you joined, there have been cases where first-time entrants―previously completely unheard of and barely posting in other sections―submitted entries that simply trampled on their peers and won. What you said is simply not true.

Also, I've been here since before DA joined, and I've watched him progress. He didn't become popular overnight. He didn't achieve that winning streak by just sitting idly by and telling his minions to vote for him or something like that. He started, he learnt, he progressed, he improved and kept doing so until he got to where he is. He made tutorials, he served people's requests, he spent time and effort contributing resources such as renders.

But, above all, he taught others from the ground up, tutored them from the get-go and watched over their progression, all the while encouraging them to improve themselves more. Is it a wonder people are accustomed to his styles? Is it a wonder people like his stuff? Is it a wonder, then, that certain people are predisposed to vote for his entries, because those are the things they look up to in their progress of learning, the things they use as a reference to base their own styles on, the things they hope to surpass or make something similar with?

Of course personal preferences will always play a significant role, as they always do in just about everything. But, if you can't accept even the premise that you and those who voted for him―or KK, or unown, or... nanashi? Did you just decide to include all the names you see active here, despite the fact that nanashi has only won once and it was in a round where he was the only participant?―like and look up to different things, we can't get anywhere.

I didn't mean to lash out anyone and this wasn't my intention either
Sure. That may be your intention. Whether it came out as you intended is a different story altogether. People judge themselves by their intentions but judge others by what others do all the time. Your statement that you had no intention to "lash out [at] anyone" can be 100% true and accurate, because you and only you know about your own intentions. It can be 100% true and accurate even when you did end up lashing out at others:

judging by your posts you're an ignorant person and also irrelevant to the current GFX, come back to me when you will stop selling minecraft models and youtuber banners as about the rest of your post you're pretty absurd, get out of here, you're irrelevant.

Sit back and don't get up if you're going to support Hardcore favoritism,
Hypocrisy at it's finest LMAO talking about being rude and stuff when you're rude yourself and yet you try to shove your nose where it shouldn't be, go sleep in the streets like you do mcboii
you're off topic and what you're saying is nonsense,
Those don't count as lashing out? You come from some pretty rough neighbourhood, don't you?

[MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION]; the previous sotm was done because i wanted to please you people. I wanted to combine your opinions to one sotm. But as you have seen that failed.
and i am taking full responsibility. But for the height dimension in the beta sotm i will arrange it to be something different and something that i will discuss first with [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION];.
I personally am fine with allowing vertical signatures with dimensions that exceed the forum limitations just for the SOTM. Sure, people won't then be able to use their SOTM entries as their own signatures, but for those who do want to use their entries, they can simply not make vertical signatures. Consider the difference:

Current state of not allowing vertical signatures for the SOTM:
  • People can only make horizontally-oriented signatures or, at least, vertical signatures that don't exceed 300px in height.
  • People can use their SOTM entries as their own signatures.

Allowing vertical signatures for the SOTM:
  • People can still make horizontal signatures like before, but they can also make tall vertical signatures now.
  • People can use their horizontal entries as their own signatures, just not the tall vertical ones.
In short, that gives people slightly more freedom. There's no change in what they can or can't use as their forum signatures, but they get more leeway as far as the SOTM is concerned.

speaking from my own experience (that I've had in other anime forums and doing graphical design) I think the main reason as to why SOTM:s eventually fail is because they don't challenge the user.
there simply won't be all too revolutionizing stuff coming from creators once the concept of constraining borders and putting anime related stuff on it gets rehashed every month.

[...]

the key issue with SOTM is that people aren't being motivated to perform outside their comfort zone, ergo, they don't evolve as graphical designers and therefore it becomes a competition without motivation and more of a friendship contest.
That's one way to look at it. It's a valid viewpoint, and I fully recognise its benefits. It's also something I've considered before.

On the other hand, giving more challenge may also demotivate some from entering. For people who consider themselves still in the stages of learning and don't have that much confidence yet, adding additional hurdles may turn them away entirely from joining. Yes, that may motivate and encourage them to improve to the point where they feel they're up to the challenge, but that's also taking away one venue they can use to compete against others, which, in my view, is a good way to improve (and also challenge yourself).

That's the main reason I was always reluctant to add more restrictions for the few months I was running the contest. In fact, I removed some restrictions that were originally in place before I took over. It looks like Dark Angel shares the same view on this, so the state quo has continued on for quite a while.

Reactions: Evdokia
-snip-
You come from some pretty rough neighbourhood, don't you?
Sure someone was bothered a LOT by my words.

I came from the neighbourhood called "GFX Forums" c(:

EDIT: I'm sorry Ignis but I won't continue this discussion as I was told by someone to stop it here, but you're free to continue it, don't expect a response.

Last edited:
Well, the world should be now finally again fine...xD

Hmm... Btw, I'll tomorrow my updated siggy upload and re-fresh on the Entry section.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hexagon
tomorrow no worries

Did rather 3 versions made:

Ver.1.0: Did at this the light-ray fixed and blurred made the sun, and new the dusts given.
SOTM42_zpscwm9dssu.png

Ver.2.0: At this I did removed the black-thick lines, where then I did rounded/blurred edges made - And like at ver.1.0 the light-ray, sun and dust fixed.
SOTM42.v2_zpsebicgsyn.png

Ver.3.0: Well, this has me a bit longer took it to make every single element, that I get the camera-look.
SOTM42.v3_zpssb42wmue.png

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION];

Ver.1.0: Did at this the light-ray fixed and blurred made the sun, and new the dusts given.
SOTM42_zpscwm9dssu.png

Ver.2.0: At this I did removed the black-thick lines, where then I did rounded/blurred edges made - And like at ver.1.0 the light-ray, sun and dust fixed.
SOTM42.v2_zpsebicgsyn.png

Ver.3.0: Well, this has me a bit longer took it to make every single element, that I get the camera-look.
SOTM42.v3_zpssb42wmue.png

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION];

i believe the 3rd option is very good give the feels of a real photograph that is been taken! I believe you should go with the 3rd version ;)

i believe the 3rd option is very good give the feels of a real photograph that is been taken! I believe you should go with the 3rd version ;)

Okay, but I'll still on Ignis's opinion wait, where then after I'll me finally decide^_^!

Well, with the photography-look I wanted the sommer moment take...xD

if you go with the 2nd version you might consider some unwanted yellow remains. you know what i mean at one side of the signature around it. ;)

Well, it was so wanted, that the light-ray of the render remain - With this I having a out standing, but nevertheless with the BG connected balance...xD

Well, it was so wanted, that the light-ray of the render remain - With this I having a out standing, but nevertheless with the BG connected balance...xD

the reduce it to the point that radiant do not left out of the border of the background unless you want to make a different pop out sig that character is coming out from the background.

the reduce it to the point that radiant do not left out of the border of the background unless you want to make a different pop out sig that character is coming out from the background.

Hmm... Well, viewpoint-case. I did a visually/perspective game made with the 2nd version...^_^

Hmm... Well, viewpoint-case. I did a visually/perspective game made with the 2nd version...^_^

personally in my beginning i used to love making pop out signatures but i have left the behind. I can point some nice effect if you wish to go with the pop out style. with different shadowing place behind the background but the shadow would be the render's and as well and other 2 or 3 tones of shadowing the render's shadow behind the background...

personally in my beginning i used to love making pop out signatures but i have left the behind. I can point some nice effect if you wish to go with the pop out style. with different shadowing place behind the background but the shadow would be the render's and as well and other 2 or 3 tones of shadowing the render's shadow behind the background...

Hmm... For this I don't wanted shadows use, because out of my view wouldn't be really nice for this concept/project... - But nevertheless thanks for your hints^_^

yeap and i am making progress of making and 44 but that one is just a secret for the time been. ;)
Hmm, like expected. Well, I did already some potential render-source materials found for 43, just I need an inspirational-impact^_^

Ah, Project 44 is to Top Secret classified, interesting...xD

Hmm, like expected. Well, I did already some potential render-source materials found for 43, just I need an inspirational-impact^_^

Ah, Project 44 is to Top Secret classified, interesting...xD

well omatsuri has something to do with yukata and kimono renders as well some fireworks? you can image somewhat the potential...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Sirvipe235 wrote on ramori's profile.
Thanks once more!

This is the last game i've been searching for.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01077067.html

Could you perhaps upload it too? I've spent nearly a year trying to find it.
ML1112 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi Ryzen, sorry to bother you but I was wondering, in one of you last upload RJ01032786 I noticed that only one track is present, where in DLsite there are listed 5 tracks. Is your upload correct to have just one track? Thanks in advance, and thanks for you work!
Morisoba1988 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Do you have the latest versions of these?
【VR】ハーレムな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?
thebreaker2 wrote on Shine's profile.
RJ153517 ver 1.14

Please could you reupload these?
Thank you very much.