Could anyone here to help me with simple english test?

Mаru

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2013
Few questions
It's english test in my country
Thanks to all who will help to me

1.The reliability of electronic systems ... with the number of dicrete components
a) are connected
b)is connected
c)connect
d)is connecting

2.Semiconductor integreated circuit ... to increase reliability of devices
a)were helped
b)helped
c)hepls
d) has helped

3. ... the functions of storage units we passed on to the consideratin of control processing unit
a) discussed
b)having been discussed
c)having discussed
4)to discuss

4.Data ... correctly into the computer component of a data processing system, the need for further manipulation by humans is elemenated

a)having been entered
b) to enter
c)having entered
d)entering

5.The students saw PC ... to operate
A) to be begun
b) to begin
c)to have been begun
d)begin

6.The instruction "interrupt" makes any computer ... calculatios
a)to have ceased
b)to be ceased
c)cease
d) to cease

7.Arithmetic operations ... into a sequence of simple logical operations
a)convert
b)are converted
c)converted
d)was converted

8.Due to transistors all circuit functions ... inside semiconductors
a)carried out
b)carry out
c)have carried out
d)were carried out

1 a)
2 d)
3 c)
4 d) not too sure
5 b)
6 d)
7 b)
8 d)

not the english test i was thinking and computer tech im not good at but i should be right for most only 2 i werent sure of

Reactions: Mаru
Well we study it in english that why i called it english test
About number four, i think that too, because "have" don't fit, and by context data can't to do something

Okay, Fear211, you're no longer allowed to advise people on English.

Then again, all the options are wrong throughout the test, so I have to guess what is meant:

1.The reliability of electronic systems ... with the number of dicrete components
The reliability of electronic systems is connected to the number of discrete components. (b)

2.Semiconductor integreated circuit ... to increase reliability of devices
All wrong. Or rather, I suspect the sentence wasn't typed correctly:
An integrated semiconductor circuit helps to increase reliability of devices. (c)

3. ... the functions of storage units we passed on to the consideratin of control processing unit
Having discussed the functions of storage units, we'll now continue with talking about central processing units (CPUs). (c)

4.Data ... correctly into the computer component of a data processing system, the need for further manipulation by humans is elemenated
If data has been correctly transfered into the computing components of a data processing system, there's no need for further manipulation by humans. (???)

The students saw the PC begin to operate. (d)

6.The instruction "interrupt" makes any computer ... calculatios
An "interrupt" command makes any computer cease calculations. (c)

b)are converted (wow, a correct sentence!)

All circuit functions are carried out by transistors, devices that are made of semiconducting materials. (If you ignore the massive factual error here, you can go with d).

Tipp:
Burn the instruction book you found this test in. Chances are it'll make your English worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: FinalPyre and Mаru
I second the motion made by Corocoro.

I also push for the burning of your english book... and the questioning of your instructor(s)...

For me this test is a little strange too
Thanks

1.The reliability of electronic systems ... with the number of discrete components
b)is connected
The reliability of electronic systems is connected with the number of discrete components.

2.Semiconductor integrated circuit ... to increase reliability of devices
d) has helped
Semiconductor integrated circuit has helped to increase reliability of devices.

3. ... the functions of storage units we passed on to the consideration of control processing unit
c)having discussed
Having discussed the functions of storage units, we passed on to the consideration of control processing unit.

4.Data ... correctly into the computer component of a data processing system, the need for further manipulation by humans is eliminated

d)entering
Data entering correctly into the computer component of a data processing system, the need for further manipulation by humans is eliminated.

d)begin
The students saw PC begin to operate.

6.The instruction "interrupt" makes any computer ... calculations
c)cease
The instruction "interrupt" makes any computer cease calculations.

b)are converted
Arithmetic operations are converted into a sequence of simple logical operations.

d)were carried out
Due to transistors all circuit functions were carried out inside semiconductors.

I third corocoro motion of burning that book. That's some awfully slack proof reading of that English sentences. Sometimes on some my tests I would leave a note alongside the questions that sentence is incorrect and rephrase it. With that said, I'm no English Professor but... that's horrid. There's so many contradictions in tenses let along the makeup of the sentences.

Feels like I'm reading Japanese or some Asian in English in my mind. No offense to anyone but some of those sentences can be converted literally into one of the Asian Language I'm slightly familiar with and will work out to be right. I agree with Corocoro real English sentences though if you have to rewrite that out.

It was hard for me to understand the test
Because it blow my mind sometimes
That why i created this thread
Thanks to all, the answears are right

Feels like I'm reading Japanese or some Asian in English in my mind.
And I couldn't translate to my native lang
It destroy my brain every time when i try to do it

This thread made me scared for people using English textbooks. I was only getting more scared when I saw Fear's post. Thank you for being so helpful, [MENTION=4]corocoro[/MENTION];, and saving my poor heart.

It was hard for me to understand the test
Because it blow my mind sometimes
That why i created this thread
Thanks to all, the answers are right

And I couldn't translate to my native language
It destroy my brain every time when i try to do it

And I don't blame you for that. I never said being bi-lingual is easy. And trust me, I only heard of my Grandfather over the phone and he knows how to fluently speak multiple languages and write them while I'm still stuck in different languages. Plus I haven't gotten fluent status on my national language of the country I'm living in. When I meant fluent, I usually mean you would know how to speak and communicate to anyone in that country regardless of their intelligence level. I mean, he knew how to speak more fluently in the national language I'm supposed to be good in.

HatoriTakaya, how long do you study english?
I'am not long enough even for middle level
I think I'am only beginning understand english language's philosophy
That is the key to be a master english, I guess
For me I mean

HatoriTakaya, how long have you studied English?
I have not studied long enough to have a middle level of understanding.
I think I'm starting to understand English language and its philosophy.
For me, that my key to be a master English, I guess.

You're getting there in terms of writing your own English that you understand. I feel it comes down to picking words you like and want to understand and remember. After that, you can try putting into a simple sentence. After making a simple sentence you can aim for a simple paragraph. Then when you get there, you can make it into a basic essay.

I'm only rated as Average in my country English Exams when I last did it. Just know I'm terrible with languages in general, so it's not something worth talking about. One of my sibling on the other hand has a higher English Language Score at a national level but they are limited to English as their primary language.

If you're learning English as a Second Language. Then intermediate level sounds alright for everyday conversations and masters for English is more for those who require it for specific jobs (e.g. English Teacher or Professor just to name two). Anyway, if you want to just simply survive in a English environment, I feel intermediate is pretty good. Cocococo might be better in terms of English though since he was able to put it into more structural English Grammar and format.

Note that I don't know what your country levels in English. So for all I know, there could be something like this:
  • Basic
  • Intermediate
  • Advanced
  • Master
  • PhD

thq questions seem questions from "english for science and technology" subject in my country..

I used to study with english books for .... what? 10 years? my IELTS score was floating around 3 and 4 in all those years
I read novels, comics for 1 year, it shoots up to 7.5
I'm still confused by those academic books right now, lol..I have no idea how exactly all those sentence structures work, but I have no problem using it in everyday life and uni academic essays. I feels like i understand English as a "language" rather than something that's like a f-bleep-cking math equation. And that works better for me. it feels natural, and it's actually useful for once.

I used to study with english books for .... what? 10 years? my IELTS score was floating around 3 and 4 in all those years
I read novels, comics for 1 year, it shoots up to 7.5
I'm still confused by those academic books right now, lol..I have no idea how exactly all those sentence structures work, but I have no problem using it in everyday life and uni academic essays. I feels like i understand English as a "language" rather than something that's like a f-bleep-cking math equation. And that works better for me. it feels natural, and it's actually useful for once.

I'm pretty bad at understanding the actual rules behind English myself. I just know when a sentence "sounds good" more than anything. I wonder how long it will take before I can do something like that for Japanese too. :)

English is rated as the hardest language to learn. This is because of all the rules, syntax, grammar and whatever else goes with the language... plus English is still growing, with words and rules being added every year.

Indeed, one of my goals in life is to create an english word with a silent "Q" in it!! ^.^
I mean if there can be a silent "H" in words like Where, When, And why.
And a silent "K" Knife, and Knee.
Not to mention a silent "B" in subtle.
Why can't I have a silent "Q"?
One day you all will learn of this majestic word that has yet to be created... One day!

English is rated as the hardest language to learn.
I only ever hear that from US Americans - most people who actually learned a second or third language see English as rather easy. :P You guys don't even have to worry about conjugating pronouns!

English is rated as the hardest language to learn. This is because of all the rules, syntax, grammar and whatever else goes with the language... plus English is still growing, with words and rules being added every year.
Well, you're sure...? Try it with Hungary, at Hungarian say the people, that it the hardest language of world is...:goodtea:~>

Eng is not so so hard
But i have to ask
What is different between "was" and "have been"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

[Request] [RJ01110786]【巨根裏垢Keyくん。】マスクの下が見たい?じゃあ……ここにDMして

RJ01110786_img_main.webp

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, RJ323169 RJ328721 RJ342268 links are dead, could you please reupload these?
I made my signature over 8 years ago...Please don't judge it too harshly.
darkpachon wrote on Esan's profile.
sorry but can you upload again [121130] [STUDIO邪恋] 操心術∞(メビウス) because the links are down