Anime-Sharing 2013 Guide [Phase 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkmate

ピュア&イノセント
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
You can download the guide above in original 1000 x 1500 px PNG format by clicking here

This is the first guide made in the form of manga. We hope it will be entertaining for everyone to learn the new features of AS. We actually tried to put this up at the same time of the upgrade (and to celebrate our 3rd birthday) but we couldn't. Happy (belated) Birthday to AS.

Comments, greetings can be made below. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice guide and as i can see you also mentioned some new features which may be avaiable in the future. If I may to use this thread, i like to make some suggestions for new features:

• I like to have a Audio BBCode which would allow me to write a very good lessons instead of converting audio into video. (Example: link1, link2 )
  • The other one, less important is flash BBcode or support one of video hosters which allow to upload swf(flash) videos. (Example: http://www.swfcabin.com/, http://www.fastswf.com )

Sorry for inconvenience.

I like to have a Audio BBCode which would allow me to write a very good lessons instead of converting audio into video
I can add a soundcloud bbcode.

I'll take a look into the swf video to see if it is possible. It's actually hard because of different size of each and every swf which must be defined. Something BBcode cannot be done but I'll see if there's anyway around it.

Fu**!!! This so what from nice made, that I almost to death laughed had - Damn good job Ignis/Peki/Checky!!!...:XD:

How terribly exciting. Dokidoki. Moefy. Girlify.

If I may ask a question (since this is a guide), how does one use the GUI editor for tables?

I like the guide , but one question ... where sthe manly pink layout ? :p only have the blue ones and belayted happy bday ASF!

Last edited:
Mmh.. The guide turned out really well. Good job, guys! And also happy (belated) birthday, dear ASF~

Amazing! amazing support amazing interface many many choices!

Also how can we change to the pink header?

Wow. This was surprisingly very enjoyable! Good job!

I second the soundcloud thing. I've been hoping for that for a while. :D

The pink layout please install it and let us use it

I will 1000% i love this coloring them ;)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Didn't even expect the full-size version to get over 100 downloads. I'm thrilled.

About the pink layout, it was actually just a draft layout that never made it to the launch. When we were still drafting the look and feel of the new skin, I joked and made something with a full-blown, pinkish colour scheme and slapped a yuri banner on top of it. Mostly to spite Checkmate, who I knew didn't like both the colour scheme and the banner. But it was more or less a "what if" design that never made it to the final product. We never actually worked to design such a layout beyond the draft. (If you look closely at the banner, you'll see that it has a similar style to what we currently have, only less refined and not as well cooked.)

Like the other "what if" examples portrayed in the guide―such as the one about post backgrounds―it's 99% Photoshop and 1% magic, no real applications. That doesn't close the possibility of us having such a layout in the future, of course.

[...] i think that flash is also security risk.
Yes, you nailed it yourself. I don't think we'll enable embedding swf, at least not anytime soon, as you can put more than just images and sounds in an swf object. For embedding sounds, however, I wonder if we can also enable other services like Bandcamp besides Soundcloud. (I've never worked with their embeds, much less APIs, so I have no idea at this point.)

If I may ask a question (since this is a guide), how does one use the GUI editor for tables?
I trust the options (columns, rows, etc) are self-explanatory, though I can see how it gets confusing once you submit your preferences and the BBcode pops up in your post box. This thing works just like HTML tables, only simplified:
  • [tr], short for table row, defines the start―[tr]―and end―[/tr]―of a row. Everything inside a combination of [tr][/tr] is confined to the same row.
  • [td], short for table data [cell], defines the columns within a row. Everything inside a combination of [td][/td] is confined to the same column.
Hope that's clear enough.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Didn't even expect the full-size version to get over 100 downloads. I'm thrilled.

About the pink layout, it was actually just a draft layout that never made it to the launch. When we were still drafting the look and feel of the new skin, I joked and made something with a full-blown, pinkish colour scheme and slapped a yuri banner on top of it. Mostly to spite Checkmate, who I knew didn't like both the colour scheme and the banner. But it was more or less a "what if" design that never made it to the final product. We never actually worked to design such a layout beyond the draft. (If you look closely at the banner, you'll see that it has a similar style to what we currently have, only less refined and not as well cooked.)

Those are minor thing to get fixed but honestly i prefer to have the pink layout! i wish i could the amario the blue one into pink color

why don't you recolored a third them by using this blue amario layout but coloring in pink ;) If you don't want to use the more "original" one that you have made in the presentation guide :)

I trust the options (columns, rows, etc) are self-explanatory, though I can see how it gets confusing once you submit your preferences and the BBcode pops up in your post box. This thing works just like HTML tables, only simplified:
  • [tr], short for table row, defines the start―[tr]―and end―[/tr]―of a row. Everything inside a combination of [tr][/tr] is confined to the same row.
  • [td], short for table data [cell], defines the columns within a row. Everything inside a combination of [td][/td] is confined to the same column.
Hope that's clear enough.

Yes that's how I've been editing my tables (in fact I first though lists were like HTML's too). I'm asking about the buttons next to create table, in the Advanced editor.

Third row, between Create Table and Subscript.

Those are minor thing to get fixed but honestly i prefer to have the pink layout! i wish i could the amario the blue one into pink color

why don't you recolored a third them by using this blue amario layout but coloring in pink ;) If you don't want to use the more "original" one that you have made in the presentation guide :)
We'd prefer to have different banners for different layouts and not just recolours. If we changed colour schemes but retained the same banner (only recoloured), I'd be one of the first people to nitpick the masked monotony. As for the banner shown in the guide, it's a rather half-cooked design, something I'd prefer not to use as well, actually.

Yes that's how I've been editing my tables (in fact I first though lists were like HTML's too). I'm asking about the buttons next to create table, in the Advanced editor.

Third row, between Create Table and Subscript.
Hmm, I'm not sure myself. My guess is that they're only usable in WYSIWYG―"What You See Is What You Get"; a text-editing mode where you type in rich text and changes are directly reflected in the text box. For example, rather than seeing something like [B]text[/B] when you bold a body of text, the bold effect applies and is shown immediately. Think of something like Microsoft Word or Open Office. Unfortunately, WYSIWYG is one rather troublesome beast.

There's nothing those buttons can do that you can't accomplish by typing the codes manually anyway. ;) Inserting a row is simply done by adding another [tr][/tr] tag; insert a column by adding [td][/td]; edit table properties by adding elements such as "width," "class: outer_border" or "class: grid," and "align: center," "align: left," or "align: right."

I apologise for not including this in my guide, but this was a last-minute addition introduced when I'd completed the guide. (The extra delay that got it posted only after tables were added was because I took my sweet time making the cover and credits page.)

No need to apologise, your guide's good as it is and I'm fine with typing codes out (I only use Dreamweaver for the text-highlighting). Was just wondering, that's all.

お疲れ様でした~

(and to celebrate our 3rd birthday) but we couldn't. Happy (belated) Birthday to AS.
[MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION]; - Well, in this case had you me ask could (Well, usual I take requests at least 2 days (preparation-time) before the Bday starts), I had this honor gladly again take, and a great celebration created. - You know meanwhile, that I such task gladly make...:goodtea:~>

Reactions: uenchuceli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3