Why do people hate school days so much?

I want my endings morbid, but not sad.

Also, guys, you reveal too much about corpse party. T.T I'm already suffering from anime withdrawal syndrome, don't make it worse.

sorta. I haven't been able play enough games either. T.T

Maybe
not key like
Itou Makato
I enjoyed this show, and I loved the ending, Now I want to play the game

Hmm... so busy ._. Thats usually meh when finals and stuff come around...

Lol the most hated character~

School days was the first anime i watched, and it was thanks to that series that i stuck to watching anime.

Soo thank you School Days

Reactions: Yee199
I havent seen it yet but everyone has there own opinion.mine will be there is no bad anime because theres always someone who liked it

I loved School Days, but I spoiled myself with the ending (I researched before watching), so it wasn't all that exciting for me. The Visual Novel was less hair-ripping due to the several choices, but it's still dumb to see Makoto let his penis do the talking (that's a metaphor for making decisions for the benefit of having sex).

I loved School Days, but I spoiled myself with the ending (I researched before watching), so it wasn't all that exciting for me. The Visual Novel was less hair-ripping due to the several choices, but it's still dumb to see Makoto let his penis do the talking (that's a metaphor for making decisions for the benefit of having sex).
I like the metaphor lmao

i kinda like the anime................ oni the ending was a spoiler///////...............

The irony of School Days, for me, was that while Makoto was a jerk that got what he deserved, and Kotonoha went totally psycho, it was actually Sekai who was the villian of the story. She set up the situation, manipulated the others to get what she wanted, and then did what she did to Makoto when things went bad for her.

I want my endings morbid, but not sad.

School Days had a happy ending! In true happy ending tradition, Kotonoha and Makoto sail off into the sunset, alone together, finally! :evillaugh:

some ppl doesn't pretty much like it though but for me personally i like it much since i thought the first image of this anime was like a drama romance about how the girls love the same guy and the one that make me so proud of how this series anime ending :neardead:

Btw i got frenz,she doesn't pretty much like it cuz the ending was unexpected :scared:

Has anyone played the VN? I was considering starting it after finishing the one I am currently on.

My theory is that some people don't get the whole psychological Genre.
Take Elfen Lied for example many people like it because its horror, blood and guts. I don't, I like it because of how innocence meets Killer in a emotional paradox. And the horror and romance dose help stir up those emotions. I was literately depressed for a week after watching it. To me that's a sign it was a good anime. (Not to mention the manga...)

Looking at the title of this thread, I thought you asked why people hate THEIR school days.
Luckily I browsed to the 1st page before post any comment why I hate my school days.

This is why CAPITALIZED letters are important, gentlemen, and (not forgotten) ladies.
As for the anime, no comment, since I haven't watch it yet.

To be honest i dont get it either. I know that there are some gory parts and everything, but i think that
the whole story made sense and thats all thats matters. It was quite fun to watch nonetheless.

I thought ppl loved it...or maybe some just love to hate it...I haven't gotten around to watching it yet...I got it on my hdd but its got no dub....and I'm just not that good at japanese..but that was before though.....I might watch it now...I had forgotten about it until i saw this. Then I'l say why I love it....or hate it. Or why some might hate it..

Has anyone played the VN? I was considering starting it after finishing the one I am currently on.
I know this post is old, but it has to be said...!

I have never watched the anime, so I don't know how good/bad it is... BUT. I have to say that the VN is AMAZING. It almost feels like playing an interactive anime. It's shorter than most visual novels, yeah...but quality over quantity.

Well, because stupid cunt protagonist is stupid cunt protagonist.

As for why I personally hated the series:
It's because none of the choices leading up to the ending made logical sense. The gory ending could have been avoided at an early point in the anime. I can't remember which episode it was, but there's a scene where Makoto talks to Sekai over the phone and says that dating Kotonoha is "boring." At that point the starts the fuck-fest begins and he starts cheating on Kotonoha with his very own harem instead of properly breaking up with her. Then, after Sekai tells him that she may be pregnant, Makoto dumps her and goes back to Kotonoha (who at this point is already batshit yandere). Then Yandere Kotonoha kills Sekai for killing Makoto. And all of this could have been avoided if Makoto just dumped Kotonoha earlier in the story. Though I guess if he did, the story wouldn't have been as interesting.

I Have now WATCHED IT since my last post...I saw it a few days ago.......

RAGEEEEE!!!!!! Baka baka baka baka baka BAAKKAAAAA ! +some profanity...
followed by /me starring pointlessly into the light in the chandelier.

Makato what a bastard ! And even when he was killed he was still being lucky to be killed by someone who cared and loved him so much :S He ....It messed with my mind. But dang!

I will refuse to forget this, and it has a valuable lesson. The anime was good, I only think ppl think the anime was bad because they got traumatized like me...but that doesn't mean the anime was bad. Though how one describes ones feelings after watching it is an other matter entirely I think.

BAAAKA !

I was actually going to make a thread about this myself, but since this already existed, I don't need too.

Poor Sekai. Poor Katsura. Most of all poor Sekai after my feelings. They both deserved better. The killing scene was for me partly joy because he could finally die...he didn't even seem to care about any of them even though they both, and certainly Sekai cared so much for him. But I was still Sad when she killed him, for her sake, because I knew she still loved him....

And he was still lucky enough to be killed by someone like her ! Such an awesome girl...

I was actually thinking that if I was a spirit I could have taken over him at the time of death, just to tell her (in his words) "I deserved this, its okey, I release you from all guilt, live your life to the fullest, thank you for loving me so..."
I realize I couldn't have done that though, because it would not rly be his words but mine, and she would be deceived, even if it would be of some help.

Guess I'd just go with taking the blame for killing him instead then....
if necessary, if I where to be unable to protect her from the repercussions.
I would die, go to heaven, then go back in time or be reborn at that time and place only so I could go to that school and make things right when the time would come,.......................then I could rest.

Okey, I have ranted enough from my traumatization.

All in all, Hate Makoto, but Love the anime. Don't blame the anime, blame Makoto !

As if this wasn't enough, I wanted to quit even watching anime after that, cause it made me feel trice as guilty for wasting time in front of a monitor instead of being an actual help to someone outside in the real world !
THERE ARE REAL HUMAN BEINGS OUT THERE THAT GO TROUGH REAL PAIN AND SUFFERING, and that are all alone in their despair and suffering, and what am I doing for them here...I don't want to be entertained ! I've always wanted to do something more. And if I can't do that, then whats left... then everything is meaningless, I might as well not be, its better than watching ones own destruction, and its better to die, then too lose ones heart.

Last edited:
O.o

well well, what do I say

I loved SchoolDays
Makoto was made to be hated, hating him is the whole point
And he did a fantastic job at it

Throughout the anime, the less interesting than a chopping board highschool romance slowly spiral down the road of immorality and madness.
There has never been an anime that was so good at showing you how bad you can screw your relationship up
And it was so interesting that, though abit exaggerated, it was also very real. other than the chopping and killing , any of this stuff, or all of it, is happening to someone, somewhere.

It's not just that final episode, it's how the whole anime slowly build up toward that final episode.
It's legend
It's a treasure among my collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Jagger051 wrote on Esan's profile.

[Japanese] [160930][デジタルGパワー] 不幸な母さんとしあわせラブラブ生活

Links Broken, re-upload please
donru wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can you reupload katfile or mexashare links of [200723][機巧癒堂] からくり童子の癒し処-シィ- [RJ294227] ? thanks
donru wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
can you reupload [200723][機巧癒堂] からくり童子の癒し処-シィ- [RJ294227] ? thanks
donru wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload [200723][機巧癒堂] からくり童子の癒し処-シィ- [RJ294227] ? thanks
Seiki wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you reupload RJ417904 ?