What is your opinion on Time Travelling?

Such a idea has to exist in some form, I'm not a scientist. But it's foolish to think that at this point in humanity's development the idea "No" can be said to time travel. We're still using fossil fuels to barely escape the planet's atmosphere and aliens are using us as experiments. When would such a concept be discovered? I think a break through can be made within 100 years, no real evidence for another 200. Why such a long time? Normally technology is advanced during war, but even with war something like this takes a long period of time for even minor discoveries to be made.

Normally technology is advanced during war, but even with war something like this takes a long period of time for even minor discoveries to be made.
Lemme see what progress we profited from the previous wars:
Early Computer
Mobile phone
Jet engine
Internet
Satellite
Kevlar
Radar
Laser
Night Vision devices
Medicine
and many more.

Sad to say that mankind progress much faster through death and destruction.
This War on Terror didn't give us much (visible) progress in technologies, and now it have been going on more than a decade.
OK, now we need another war with both side equally strong, just to get more progress.
Just look at WW2, within 6 years, we reaped lots of technologies from it.

OK, sorry for straying waaaay out of topic.
Here's a question, if there is a time machine and time travelers, how many of our histories have been changes right now? We might not even notice it, unless we're the one that do it.
Let say that one of us travel back in time, and erase the ASF founder(s), would we be around here right now discussing about time traveling? No, we might discuss this probably on other forum site, and we wouldn't know that ASF ever exist.
The only way for us all know for the time travel is possible is when somebody in present time goes to the future and bring back some future technology for us.

Personally, I rather travel to the future rather than the past. IMO it's would cause less damaging effect to us.

Last edited:
No matter human kind will have a lot of discovery onto science and others things, if about ethics there is no control, it'll lead to disorder, and maybe chaos.

if i could time travel, at this point i'd be more interested in the future rather than the past. not only because that's more possible, but because i'm curious if humanity can survive it's own fears

Reactions: fguelffstan
Time-travelling could be used to study the past, how people lived, the mentality of the time, the way people handle things, and study the scenario and such when things got out of hand (war, nazism, witchhunts, etc), in order to take into account for the present or future to prevent history from repeating itself, which is something that unfortunately happened, is happening and will keep happening.

Not a fan of time travelling, it gives me dandruff.

What I'd be fascinated by is the the average human travelling back in time in a span of a month or so (while looking the same exact way as they have before) and seeing whether or not they'd repeat the same mistakes as they have before. Everything from the simple things, to those that are complicated.

How do you put a picture behind your text?
back to topic>
Im not a physics student and suck at math so take what I say with grain of salt.
I did a small essay research paper on time travel plausiblity.
I have these take-aways from doing it:
time travel to future is theoretically possible but we need a form of transport close to the speed of light to do any time jumps to the future. plus the energy required to power something like that.
Time is an illusion, and is seen from individual perspective.
Time travel to past (most popular thought) is impossible. However if wormhole traveling to alternate dimensions is possible, then perhaps you can take a wormhole to a time that was in the past for YOUR world's timeline. However this counts as seperate worlds, so you still can't change what's already happened in your timeline's past ultimately.
Additionally, circumstance can easily change and that in turn creates domino effects that affect everything and everyone, so you may have grown up and gone to college in this timeline, but in the other world's timeline the sperm cell that was you may have never made it to incubation, so you never popped out, and someone else has taken your place. Or your parents may have never met to give birth to you. Possibilities are endless, which is the point of alternate timelines/dimensions.
Just a big Doc Who/time travel fan so yea I would like time travel.
Would be a great way to waste time.

Last edited:
First of all, my brain is too small to go to on a complicated version of the time travelling so I will go for a kid's way of thinking as I answer the questions provided.

What if time travel is possible, will I really like it?

Yes, I would definitely love it. However, my opinions on it would change depending on if every single adult in the world can do it. I would have preferred that only I and a handful of people can do or know about time travelling. The reason for that is simple, I am extremely selfish in things like these kind of things. If am a an agent to some kind of secret organization that does time travelling stuff, I would definitely do it and love it.

If you can choose to time travel and alter your life decision will you do it?

Yes, I would alter my life decision if I have the choice to do so even if time paradoxes are a thing. I do not feel like my choices have been that big enough to affect the people around me that much.

What do you think of time paradox such as going back to kill your ancestor and completely rewrite history?

Killing my ancestor? that would be a no. I have no good reason for this aside from I like to keep existing for now.

Do you think there will be future if Time travelling is enabled?

Yes, I think that there will be a lot of future if parallel worlds is counted in the equation. I see future as something that will be there no matter what happens. If I managed to somehow destroy humankind with my reckless way of using the ability to time travel, there will be future of a parallel world of me killing only a portion of humanity and leave enough for humanity to once thrive.

Will you want to travel into the future and see what it is like?

Yes but I would want to travel 4 years in to the future because I feel like I would not last that long.
(Sorry for this weak answer)

Will you make yourself a billionaire if you travel back in time and know that certain big events will happen?

That would be a no, being a billionaire seems way too much for me. Making myself be a millionaire is fine as along as it came from hard work. I maybe used time travelling to change my past, I still had to work to it. For me as long as I get to live in a decent house with a decent internet and not having to worry about money every time, I would be happy. I am afraid of becoming a billionaire.

I apologize for sounding like a completely self centered douchebag but it's an honest feedback. Thank you if read this far.

From what I understand traveling into the past is not possible, but could be possible to travel into the future.

From what I understand traveling into the past is not possible, but could be possible to travel into the future.

Closed timelike curves was proved to be mathematically possible. It's a phenomenon though.
I believe it's possible to teleport physical particles through space too. (photon particles have already been proved).

Now imagine trying to combine these two, even if physical particles can't be teleported, how about signals?

I love Steins;Gate setting. <3

Time traveling is possible, just as how possible human's curiosity is.

Time traveling to the past should not be motivated by sense of regret or fueled by the urge to change pasts, adding save/load options to real life simply destroys the purpose of living to the fullest of present moment, besides the butterfly effect it could have caused as discussed long before here. If traveling to the past is a focus, then it has to be for 'educational' purposes and the time travelers involved are to be shielded by something that can do no slightest change in history, viewing the history as observers in kind of 'ghostly' form. But hey, all of these just my personal PoV, not much of us would actually 'respect and follow' that 'law' for such boring purpose if time traveling is opened to anyone, eh? What if someone actually time travels for personal and selfish purposes? It would mean utter chaos. (Don't mean to upset the ones with artistic thinking that goes with 'if I could go back to the past, I would have been different today', ya know :p). Personally, this depends more on thinking of people. Perhaps I would be more glad and accepting to the mistakes I made in the pasts once I realized how enormous the effects and responsibilities that revolve with the people around, which I cannot possibly carry to live on as a sane person, for how much it would affect myself throughout the progress of time traveling as well. No one really knows until attempting time travels.

Another pseudo-thinking of mine, let's say putting the concept of reincarnation into our real life. I made mistakes I would regret the whole life. At the end of my life I wished to live again as a human for another better life than the previous one. (You have to be real oriented or fixated to something that you are willing to live another life just to correct it, I suppose?). That's all I can think of for now.

At the end of points, I would say to fulfill certain fantasies (like experience living in the history) is better done in 'another' world (I don't have actual ideas about this) instead of time traveling to the past or doing something-something in few or many different timelines.

Since, ya know, time travel can be dangerous if it is used to serve for self-fulfilling desires.

Reactions: espiekerella
A short discussion of time travel by someone who knows way more than I do, Steven Hawking.

He thinks it's possible.

That's probably one of the stupidest things I've ever heard from that Steven, a whole load of wasted energy. :XD:

For a 100 of years, running at that speed? Come on, in space you don't need that much of fuel and with no friction at all you can accelerate exponentially more easier. X'D
Well, it was though, a very good explanation on how time would behave inside the train, I'll give points to it. I even liked it on how it was narrated.

Problem is that I don't believe that's the only thing happening inside the train. I believe the brain neurons (signals) travels thousands times faster than our muscles, which means our brain might be working thousand and thousands more faster if we are inside that train.

If that's true, then we are feeling everything that our body is feeling being either happiness or sadness, pain or joy.. way much longer than expected. Thinking a lots of things when our body isn't really moving as fast as we might want to, is some kind of a torture, specially if our brain is getting tired. As the train goes to the future, we might sleep with our eyes open more times than our hand is trying to reach the next page of the book you might try to read inside the train.

And you want to experience that... for 100 of years?? Haha. No thanks. :XD:

[MENTION=130781]Schwarzy[/MENTION]; One of the fun things about Steven Hawking, is that agree or disagree, like or dislike, the things he he says always seem to generate a lot of discussion. ;)

As you noted, it would take so much energy (in space or Earth) to accelerate to near light speed, time travel by that method is currently impossible.

Still, the clip does illustrate Einstein's Theory of Relativity. However, it glosses over the fact that for the people on the train, time would seem to be passing normally. So the girl running in the aisles would appear no different to other passengers. They wouldn't notice any differences.

A real world example of time dilation, is being a Detroit Lions fan. As we watch the Lions blow game after game, week after week, time just seems to go slower and slower and s-l-o-w-e-r... :sigh:

[MENTION=35259]Leggy[/MENTION]; ooooh, Time dilation. I haven't heard that word quite some time now. It took me like a whole week trying to understand that. Not even this Mikownski? dude's diagram help at all. In the end, I found out that it was just a phenomenon. xD

Haha you mean the brain's power to make things slower? I've felt that too. xD

I like the time traveling like in the butterfly effect, where you can be kid again. Now wouldn't that be great. hohoho

I'm a big Doctor Who fan. The Doctor travels to all sorts of times and places in his TARDIS, and fixes things that go wrong.

But there are certain fixed points in time, that he can't change, no matter what, like not being able to save Pompeii.

Time travel makes my mind spin especially when it creates a paradox, that I always include parallel universes to lessen the paradox.

Dont mind if I do neon gona borrow that format

What if time travel is possible, will I really like it?
Yes finally a tool to kill time travelers with

If you can choose to time travel and alter your life decision will you do it? (Let's just say the time paradox doesn't exist.)
To the place where I gain my undying determination to stop time travel from happening and giving my self the tools (can never start too early)

What do you think of time paradox such as going back to kill your ancestor and completely rewrite history?
There will always be one time traveler left, he must also go

Do you think there will be future if Time travelling is enabled?
Not if I have anything to say about it

Will you want to travel into the future and see what it is like?
What if future me plans a Coup d'état? cant be too safe got to keep him under surveillance

Will you make yourself a billionaire if you travel back in time and know that certain big events will happen?
I will crash the world economy everyone will be poor

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TasogareHentai wrote on Esan's profile.
Sorry, if ask but can you please look at my requests and tell if you have it?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-211210-rj361498-tentacle-works-テンタクルワークス-賢者ちゃんとhな触手.1392118/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-231104-rj01109498-takotubo-タコツボ-つくよヴィレッジ.1397470/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-misotake-みそテイク-multiple-games.1404036/
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
zhandie wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry, could you re-upload this ?
[201030][Lose] 【DLsite限定特典付き】まいてつ 全部入り [v2.2 JPN/CHN]

The Mexashare links for parts 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12 are dead.
The Rosafile link seems to be online, but for I can't download it.
Additionally, I can't download the file from KatFile or Rapidgator either.
jsh wrote on Shine's profile.
Can u upload 春屋3D’s arlecchino?
micanh wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Since it was you who posted the Rakudai volumes, I chose to ask here. Do you have any plans to upload the novel's 19vol ?