The best fansubbers in opinion

acama12

Apr 25, 2013
Now I have this discussion with a lot of people of who deos the best fan subs, but most of the time there argument is always labeled to the anime itself. They could be watching there fav anime and the worst fansub group
in "MY" opinion could be subbing it . now I'm going to start this off with saying that "Rori" is my fav subbing group right now because for one they stick to a certain style of anime for the most part and there not uploading a shit tone of anime in the process like horrible subs do. NOT SAYING that horrible subs are bad, I get anime from them all the time , I just like that fact that Rori keeps it nice and clean and usual on time with the releases but enough of my blabbing.........

what do u guys think?

Hard to say "best."

Three that do a pretty good job, IMO, are Doremi, HorribleSubs, and Commie.

well i choice the fun sub team that suites me better in reading and understanding. So had downloaded many series 2-3 times to decide with which one i should keep to watch :( So basically in my opinion is what's in your taste.

Horrible doesn't fansub. They just rip from Crunchyroll.

The answer is always Hiryuu.

Hiryu so long translatingg.......... i can't fa... i cant watch it fast...

Horrible doesn't fansub. They just rip from Crunchyroll.

The answer is always Hiryuu.

I did not know that about HS. Do they do any subs of their own, or just straight rips?

Funny thing is, I do like the subs. CR used to have a bad rep for translations, early on. They must have improved quite a bit, over time.

I'm not 'too' picky about subs but. FFF, GotWoot, KAA.

As for manga fan translations, Mangascreener.

I did not know that about HS. Do they do any subs of their own, or just straight rips?

Funny thing is, I do like the subs. CR used to have a bad rep for translations, early on. They must have improved quite a bit, over time.

They rip everything. For the sake of pissing off crunchyroll.

Well I would say it's hit and miss. Hiryuu has edited some of their scripts, but it seems it depends on who from crunchyroll actually works on the specific show in question - different staff = different quality in their work.

As for Hiryuu, when all staff are actually around and not being lazy we usually get things out within 24 hours, but at the moment we're constantly hit by delays.

YLI1QaS.jpg

Most of the fansubber now just rip the sub from Crunchyroll, so it's hard to say about whose the best and whatnot. On the other side the release getting more faster.

But I like what commie did with the GuP by inserting some German on it.

I feel that there's no real best fansubbers if you account for individual tastes in preferred translation of the language spoken to something you can understand in your language. It comes down to how you like your translations to be like. For example, some people enjoys Westernized translation of what they are hearing and the relative quotes/sayings. Others may enjoy transliterations of what the person is saying. And another faction may enjoy the mixture of both where applicable. In the end, it really does come down to individual preference to what they like in their subs. This also includes translated games and so forth as well.

Honestly back in the days, Eclipse, SS, Doki, UTW and a few others that I have not mentioned where the ones I go to for quality subs. As the years went by, more and more fansubs groups emerged and other closed down. Also what type of animation they were fansubbing also had an impact which one I would get to watch when my Japanese wasn't at the level where I can understand what they are saying via hearing alone.

notice no one even mention gg or hadena but.... yea i do have to agree with most of you guys in the end

For the most part just about all sub groups do a decent job. I just have a few instances here and there where I notice they left something out that I wouldn't have, or didn't do a very accurate job.

For light things I usually just grab Commie or GG, if I'm downloading full 1080 I usually try for UTW or some other more serious group so that the quality of picture is also top-notch. It is not always just the TL but the render that matters, and UTW-Thora are generally extremely well done.

For light things I usually just grab Commie or GG, if I'm downloading full 1080 I usually try for UTW or some other more serious group so that the quality of picture is also top-notch. It is not always just the TL but the render that matters, and UTW-Thora are generally extremely well done.

I am with you ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

geesew wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you please upload this full version?
FrDs1996 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
I've seen you posted some otogi frontier video. If you play the game ; is it possible to ask for character scene ? Thanks in advance.
bloodvlad wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi sir, reupload pls
RJ376004 and RJ393848
remanen wrote on viniamin's profile.
hi, do you think it would be possible to reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]
remanen wrote on Esan's profile.
hello, do you think its possible to reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]