Dubbed vs Undubbed?

Dubbed or Undubbed?

• Total voters
I prefer subs a lot more but im not gonna hate on people who watch Dubbed. Theres actually a series or two which i'll try dubbed, most often a series i've seen before, just to have it in the background, and i think the biggest example of a dub being better than the subs is Black Lagoon. You'd be suprised, Japenese VO's might have a lot going for them but sometimes a character just needs a strong vicious voice, point in case Revy :P

Generally dubbed doesn't turn out as well as subbed (in my opinion at least), though there are exceptions. The Pioneer dub of El Hazard was absolutely fantastic - the voice artist for Ifurita was spot on and the voice for Jinnai was even better than the original Japanese (his mad cackle was perfection).

Well if i had the choice for a series or movie with Dual Audio and single Audio i will always take the Dual Audio one :)

I love love LOVE the original japanese voices.
I need the subtitles because I don't understand
japanese, and reading the subtitles is sometimes
a pain but it is the price I am willing to pay to
enjoy the original japanese voices.

When the anime offers dual-audio, I still chose Japanese.
I wish I could understand japanese but I am not putting
the necessary efforts to learn right now...

Undubbed for me. There are good dubs, but when I hear the original japanese voice I can't go back to the dub...

I would prefer undubbed......I love to hear the anime in Japanese voices. Though I can tolerate with American/English dubbed.....cuz the worst kind of dubbed for me is usually the native tongue dubbed......
To hear those anime characters talking in my own language.......and the way they translate it........
279558_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Oh-God-Why_1280x1024.jpg

Undubbed of course. For some reason most dubs are awful and the English VAs always speak like they're on a kids show

Undubbed.
Dubs are frightening.
I went there once just to see how 'bad' it was. Never going again.

depends on the anime and depends on the particular dub, though i tend to prefer the original over the dub with a few exceptions such as dbz and possibly the dubs from studio guibli movies (actually pretty good) =p

I've mentioned I like undubbed around the first half of this topic along with the reasons. But putting it out again, I like original voices according where it was supposed to be released in.

I will vote for undubbed, will make the develope the need to learn the japanese language eagerly :goodtea:

Best choice, raw with Japanese lingual capabilities. I'm still not there yet...

But I figure, if you stop watching Anime's until you can speak Japanese properly, it will drive you to speed up your learning.

Otherwise my choice would be dubbed, since I am one of those who likes to watch the action and not the subs.

Infact if I could speak fluent Japanese, I would actually have no excuse for myself not to buy all the anime's I'd ever want to watch and have some nice dvd's to make a proper collection. It'd be neat.

Last edited:
Undubbed always. I think it's also one way to learn how the original anime plays out and isn't edited to death. I also think some undubbeds aren't any better than dubs.

Example being Digimon when that was popular.

Undubbed because it's give very little animes they dubbed... :/
I watched my animes most time Japanese dub with german subtitle. :3

Undubbed of course . Because Dubbed is garbage and it is should never been existed again even in the first place.

Salute Japanese Original voice .

Undubbed, I still have to watch anime subbed, but I am still trying to learn Japanese. Hopefully before long I will be able to understand some anime if I watch it raw.

I always will choice subbed of dubbed.
But I fully support dub because it brings anime to the states.
That is why I am subscribed to funimation, and buy large amount of dubbed anime. *Although I mainly watch subbed"

Undubbed
original voice so beautiful and powerful. but my English proficiency is low-level
I dubbed when you see Simpsons

undubbed, seiyuu voices are all great! and has great feelings expressed especially on mature scenes.. :fullblush:

The only anime's I can watch dub are DBZ, and Cowboy Bebop, everything else has to be subbed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

I made my signature over 8 years ago...Please don't judge it too harshly.
darkpachon wrote on Esan's profile.
sorry but can you upload again [121130] [STUDIO邪恋] 操心術∞(メビウス) because the links are down
retrofuturism wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello Sir
Could you revive the source if possible
[seismic]おしおき日報 アリス編
I appreciate all efforts you have done.
ludagama wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
please reupload
☄️RELEASE☄️[240508][RJ01178632][アトリエTODO] アオハループ 底辺キモオタの僕が転生してスクールカースト第一位の美少女と青春をやり直すお話 [v1.01]