Japanese girls using their legs for advertisers? x-x

~SnowAngel~

~♥RadiantHeart♥~
Contributor
Mar 24, 2012
4bf4697e-156a-4b32-8e0f-382b0126e103_absolute-territory.jpg

this is just so weird I don't even...

http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion-beau...out-their-legs-for-advertising-175636100.html

(just part of it)

Introducing the least subliminal advertising ever. In Japan, companies are actually launching print campaigns on young women's bare legs.

Japanese Snaggletooth Craze Spawns Dental Procedures, Girl Group

Are we really ready to turn our bodies into billboards for a few extra bucks? Japanese advertisers are banking on it, offering women money in exchange for the use of their thighs. Participants paste temporary tattoos of brand logos on their legs and spend the day exposing them to oglers. To be eligible for ad space, you must be at least 18-years-old and connected to least 20 people on social networking sites. The idea comes as part of the advertising maxim that ads should run “wherever people are looking.”

As of November 2012, about 1,300 women have registered their legs to be part of ad campaigns with Absolute Territory PR, the publicity team behind the bizarre media blitz. In fact the name of the PR company, “Absolute Territory,” is a translation of the Japanese phrase “zettai ryouiki,” used to describe the area on a woman’s leg between the end of her skirt or short and the beginning of a thigh-high or knee-high stocking, a style that has been popularized by Japanese Anime and manga.

what I'd want to know is what kind of ads they are x-x
but then again.. I might feel worse if I knew ;;

A woman in Japan has rented out her legs in return for companies advertising on them

its not about socks.. its aboutt.... business to promote cd...

Meh, business is business.

But still.... knee socks would be good to advertise there.

Nice now Ive seen it all (untell i get on tomorrow)
Japan always great advertising ideas.
I had a idea one time called Bums for hire. Instead of holding up begging sign they could hold up advertisements... lol then company's get there advertising and homeless get paid by doing what they already do... lol :D

Now that's my luvs what u call a good marketing.

Aye! That it is.

And nope, I guess "us" guys don't get it. :P Thighs are good to look at and if something interesting is advertised on thighs, that's just a win, win situation.

Actually if girls feel uncomfortable showing their thighs, why would that girl in the pic do that?

I can say it varies between girl to girl, some might be okay with it while others have different feelings about that.
Society pressures girls to be sexually attractive. It's shown through the media, guys' interests, and competition/expectations from other girls. Even though they smile on the outside, they can completely be breaking on the inside. Some put their self-worth into their outward attraction, or even keeping their abusive[/b] relationships. Just because someone has a gf it doesn't mean the guy is doing the right things. If their bf is looking at other girls, it makes her feel like she's not worth looking at. Even if you're married it's the same. Girls want to be loved for their heart more than their body, but they also want to know that they're enough. But in a world where guys only look at skin, it's hard to know if a guy likes you for one or the other :/
Many guys think it's just the girl's fault or wtv for being that way. Sure, that could be the case sometimes. But unless they truly know the pressure of what being a girl feels like, try getting to know a girl's insecurities. I promise that if you say it's about wanting to have a good relationship (and it's someone you know well) they'd tell you honestly. Sometimes it just feels like guys don't care at all, even if you try telling them :/ We want guys to figure things out so that we know they're being sincere. Then there's times when they just can't or don't want to explain things since a guy will try to "fix" you. I'm not saying this for every girl out there since they're not all the same. but it is something important that most would have in common, even if they don't want to admit it. It's almost like a tug-of-war between wanting to be noticed/special to someone and being able to accept yourself. There's just some things in every girl's heart that they can't put into words.. all because of these struggles we face every day ;;

225263_398326060264324_1100940087_n.jpg

This explains more about the media: (just listen, you probly shouldn't watch x-x)

I do think youre thinking too much about this... They arent really doing this for relationships as i do believe most bf would dislike their gf showing off in this manner... Im pretty sure most of them wont just date some random guy that was staring at them...

Okay....
Most guys do know that girls want to be loved and understand by guys, however we boys have a slightly different way of thinking than girls which resulted in most guys saying "girls are just hard to understand.."
Also like you said people are different, not all guys is like what you said
I do know that boys should protect girls since they are physically weaker than them.
About the sexually attractive part, media tries to attract people so that they can gain profit, they tell girls to be attractive because males have a higher carnal desire than females (this is true) which would be great for those people if more guys are attracted.
It is wrong but money corrupts people's minds...

Anyway those are just my thoughts :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.