Status
Not open for further replies.
The same comment like Unown-kun did...xD

Btw, you did all an good job made with your entries...^_^!

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; Oooh, liking the new SOTM Awards :fulfilled:
Glad you like them :) DA did the base design, actually. I just did the legwork of adding and fixing them. Some frustrating legwork that was, but c'est les admins...

what's up KK-chan?
I think she's letting you know that the poll's over and it's time to declare the winner. Go make the post! I'll take care of the award.

Reactions: Touwa Erio
Glad you like them :) DA did the base design, actually. I just did the legwork of adding and fixing them. Some frustrating legwork that was, but c'est les admins...

I think she's letting you know that the poll's over and it's time to declare the winner. Go make the post! I'll take care of the award.

I will in the same thread ;) no need to make a new one ;)

Wow.. it's already #40 .. it's been so long
and congratz to winners..

The theme is "Dark Mystery" eh?

Wow.. it's already #40 .. it's been so long
and congratz to winners..

The theme is "Dark Mystery" eh?

NEKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:runhappy: Welcome back man... It has been again a while...:nekopara_hug:

Hey too [MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION];
Haha it's been a while.

Hey too [MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION];
Haha it's been a while.

Yeah, you can that loudly say...xD Well, you're specualting maybe also to join...? It'd be nice, if you're again like in the old days making would...:goodtea:

Edit: How are you old ally...xD?

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; [MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION]; [MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION]; [MENTION=93850]|♚| KK |♚|[/MENTION]; [MENTION=122350]Velenora[/MENTION]; [MENTION=124200]Monmonpon[/MENTION]; What would you like to have as theme for the next SOTM #41 for June?

[MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION];

I have a different proposal for this SOTM. Just a suggestion/idea mind you.
Rather than having a select theme for the SOTM, how about we go a different route. I had the idea that the Mods get to pick a certain character render and that the participants have to create an entry using that render.

I know this will mean that the participants will have less freedom when creating the entry but it will up the level of challenge imo.

Rather than having a select them for the SOTM, how about we go a different route. I had the idea that the Mods get to pick a certain character render and that the participants have to create a signature using that render.

I know this will mean that the participants will have less freedom when creating the entry but it will up the level of challenge imo.

hm... we might get the other users that want to participate less motivate but it's also a nice try to give a go i guess, and as you said the user it's has left freedom and less ways to produce, but it's a nice challenge.
don't know i like it the idea but i want to hear also and the other people what are their thoughts :)

What would you like to have as theme for the next SOTM #41 for June?
Hmm... Well, Juni is though the summer begin, where then the topic for the upcoming SOTM were obviously (girls, beach, fun time and the other...), but it could be also a fantasy themed one: with dragons, elfs and the other mythologically/fantasy creatures...

Hmm... Well, Juni is though the summer begin, where then the topic for the upcoming SOTM were obviously (girls, beach, fun time and the other...), but it could be also a fantasy themed one: with dragons, elfs and the other mythologically/fantasy creatures...

so something summery themed? I will keep it also that in mind to consider it also as a potential theme or summer themed with a specific character but without any restricts to the renders that will be used on that specific character. I am combine your idea with [MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION]; idea as well.

Rather than having a select theme for the SOTM, how about we go a different route. I had the idea that the Mods get to pick a certain character render and that the participants have to create an entry using that render.

This sounds good to me, actually. I know not everyone agrees, but I personally think seasonal themes get boring over time. You know how it goes: in spring you have flowers and pretty girls; in summer you have wet stuff, hot stuff and pretty girls in swimsuits/skimpy clothes; in autumn you have pretty girls in sepia-toned scenes; in winter you have pretty girls in skimpy Santa outfits.

Now, I'm not saying I'm tired of seeing pretty girls, of course, but I'm all for something that breaks out of the tedium and isn't monotonous. Of course, we could still combine both and choose a render that fits a seasonal theme.

This sounds good to me, actually. I know not everyone agrees, but I personally think seasonal themes get boring over time. You know how it goes: in spring you have flowers and pretty girls; in summer you have wet stuff, hot stuff and pretty girls in swimsuits/skimpy clothes; in autumn you have pretty girls in sepia-toned scenes; in winter you have pretty girls in skimpy Santa outfits.

Now, I'm not saying I'm tired of seeing pretty girls, of course, but I'm all for something that breaks out of the tedium and isn't monotonous. Of course, we could still combine both and choose a render that fits a seasonal theme.

So let's make something more hard for competition, then let's pick a specific character WITHOUT restricting which render should be use from this character but it must the render of that specific character.
Sound nice but i am only afraid that many people might felt scared because they might feel very restrictive...

So let's make something more hard for competition, then let's pick a specific character WITHOUT restricting which render should be use from this character but it must the render of that specific character.
Sound nice but i am only afraid that many people might felt scared because they might feel very restrictive...
Not really. We can determine which render should be used, as unown suggested. I think it'd be more difficult to determine a particular character BUT not provide a render to use (I'm saying this from my own perspective, of course―I don't watch anime, so I might be like "huh? who's that?" if I were told to make a signature with any render as long as it featured this certain character from this certain anime I've never even heard about.

If you want to go through with the idea, you can just pick a render (or we all can agree on one) that you think would be good to use in a signature. If you want to determine a theme as well, to avoid making it too hard, you can keep it to simple things that won't be difficult to portray. For example, it can be something like "use this render to make a bright-coloured signature!"

Not really. We can determine which render should be used, as unown suggested. I think it'd be more difficult to determine a particular character BUT not provide a render to use (I'm saying this from my own perspective, of course―I don't watch anime, so I might be like "huh? who's that?" if I were told to make a signature with any render as long as it featured this certain character from this certain anime I've never even heard about.

If you want to go through with the idea, you can just pick a render (or we all can agree on one) that you think would be good to use in a signature. If you want to determine a theme as well, to avoid making it too hard, you can keep it to simple things that won't be difficult to portray. For example, it can be something like "use this render to make a bright-coloured signature!"

I have the feeling that people might feel "cold heart" to have use a specific render? I can be a bit more forgiving and have to use a specific character's render among many renders that was released after that specific character, but we can do as are saying ;) we can give a try!

I have the feeling that people might feel "cold heart" to have use a specific render? I can be a bit more forgiving and have to use a specific character's render among many renders that was released after that specific character, but we can do as are saying ;) we can give a try!
Yes, indeed. We can give them a few (say, five or so) to choose from. They don't have to be of a particular character either; they can simply be renders we think would be good in a signature. It's up to you how to proceed :)

Yes, indeed. We can give them a few (say, five or so) to choose from. They don't have to be of a particular character either; they can simply be renders we think would be good in a signature. It's up to you how to proceed :)

First let's have some safety measures let's give 5 renders and to be from the same character? And have also as theme summer? And the most important should we do it 2 months June/July?

so something summery themed? I will keep it also that in mind to consider it also as a potential theme or summer themed with a specific character but without any restricts to the renders that will be used on that specific character. I am combine your idea with [MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION]; idea as well.

Well, somehow yeah. But like in my previously post here already mentioned: It could be somewhat with fantasy - what in a another world/dimension leads, where magical creatures like yokai's, elvens, elfs etc. and of course knights and dragons as well.

First let's have some safety measures let's give 5 renders and to be from the same character? And have also as theme summer? And the most important should we do it 2 months June/July?
Sounds good to me. We can do a summer theme and gather five renders with such a theme (wonder if we'll have anything other than girls in swimsuits...). I think two months would be too long, though. How about we just make it one month like usual, and if it turns out to be more difficult due to the restrictions, extend it to two months?

Sounds good to me. We can do a summer theme and gather five renders with such a theme (wonder if we'll have anything other than girls in swimsuits...). I think two months would be too long, though. How about we just make it one month like usual, and if it turns out to be more difficult due to the restrictions, extend it to two months?

We can use a combination of ideas adding [MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION];'s [MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION];'s idea as well. But i need time to find some renders to provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.