Let's Create a VN!!!

thecoins

Velvet Voice, Raindear
Elite Member
Jul 20, 2012
Hello all! How about we create a VN? I can do the programming etc. but I need some good story and graphic artist.
I can do the artist part though. also we need some music.

I create this thread in spam section, because it's still unclear. if any of you interested to join this project, just comment below.... and if it turns out that many people are interested, I'll move the thread in proper section. And if nobody is interested, just spam like usual, or [MENTION=4809]Will98[/MENTION]; please delete this thread

Let's create our legend!!!

The images there are used only as placeholder
title.jpg

load.jpg

load2.jpg

gallery.jpg

library.jpg

music.jpg

prefs.jpg

ingame.jpg

pause.jpg

Female Protagonist
chelsea.png

Male Protagonist
LEON.png

Best Friend 1
bf1.png

Project Leader: [MENTION=29831]thecoins[/MENTION];
Project Manager [MENTION=36528]aexiel[/MENTION];
Story Writer: [MENTION=17020]~SnowAngel~[/MENTION]; , [MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION]; , [MENTION=96308]Zakko[/MENTION]; , and [MENTION=23550]umnut[/MENTION];
Character Design and CG : [MENTION=29831]thecoins[/MENTION]; (design & CG) [MENTION=33148]Kasumi[/MENTION]; (design) [MENTION=25364]Decalcomania[/MENTION]; (design)
Background : [MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION]; [MENTION=44154]rubbergum[/MENTION];
UI design : [MENTION=10379]Neko[/MENTION]; [MENTION=44154]rubbergum[/MENTION];
Programming : [MENTION=29831]thecoins[/MENTION]; , [MENTION=41427]DvorakUser[/MENTION]; , [MENTION=13039]MadSova[/MENTION];
Administration thingies: [MENTION=23111]Slayn312[/MENTION]; and [MENTION=25364]Decalcomania[/MENTION];
Tester: [MENTION=37896]Nahiko[/MENTION]; [MENTION=46616]InorixShu[/MENTION]; [MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION]; , [MENTION=34114]redcat[/MENTION]; , [MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION]; , [MENTION=15096]Assasin_Cross[/MENTION]; , [MENTION=26584]KurodaKaito[/MENTION]; , [MENTION=35321]Evangelionheart[/MENTION]; , and [MENTION=23111]Slayn312[/MENTION];
Video : [MENTION=29913]Mato[/MENTION];
Music: [MENTION=35170]MeiKo[/MENTION]; [MENTION=26533]Kionea[/MENTION];

[progressbar-red=5]Story[/progressbar-red]
[progressbar-red=5]Character Sprites[/progressbar-red]
[progressbar-green=70]Game Mechaninc[/progressbar-green]
UI: 85%

[progressbar-red=0]Background[/progressbar-red]
[progressbar-red=0]Music[/progressbar-red]

For anyone who interested to join the team, just post the position you want.

Please don't spam too much here.

Last edited:
Reactions: n00b
Oh wow this actually sounds really cool~
Wish I was talented enough to help out. :/
I'd love to play the finished product though~ <3

Hmm..... Whose gonna be the Voice Actors/Actress??? Are there will be no voice at all, just text with music only????

I wouldn't mind trying to voice some characters as at least I would be helping out in some way, but I don't know if I have the talent or know how to do recording work like this?

Oddly enough I've always wanted to become a voice actor for games/anime though I don't have the talent I think plus I'm shy as hell when it comes to talking. o_o;

Voice actor? good idea. it's not really needed though. and it's hard to record 'em all... hmm.... but VN with VA sounds cool...

Of course va is needed.... Most game have them... Plus it more interesting to hear it than read it.....

Storiesssss :runhappy: I just like to poke at everything :ninja: Hmm as for art... i probably cant do much cuz i have nothing to draw online with ._. Hmm... if only i had a tablet... also somewhat busy x.x... well mehs... ill try and help with what i can?

But in what for a language would be the voice: English, Japanese or Indonesian...~?

Hmm... Sammy be a VA.... It be interesting to hear it.....

EDIT: English perhaps.....

English, of course... so more people can enjoy it.
[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION]; hmm you could create a good story right? and i can do some art. for backgrounds, we could use rendered photos, like tsukihime

English...~?! So please was not to me angry, but englisch would funny hear, and I would like if on japanese would...~

The voice can japanese be, but the text can englisch or so...~

I know.... That why I'm asking is anybody good at speaking japanese....... You don't want a hack out job doing it.....

It means..... You don't want to hear some horrible/crappy VA, do you?????

This is truth...~ Until now have VNs just on Japanese heard, and for this would I rather in Japanese hear...~

hmmm... it's hard to speak Japanese. my friend could do it well, but we need not only English script, but also Japanese script...

i'm going to assume that this is from absolute 0 experience~ Whether or not you have experience, it's a good idea to look at other doujin visual novels and who created them. You might also want to ask them a few things about making them.

Unless you can afford a $300 USB mic or something like that, voice acting would be close to bad. You also need to have the right environment to do so which has no air or sound to disturb recording. Before considering adding voice, you certainly need to know who the characters are and what type of voice would fit them. You also need some considerable consistency with the way people talk, since most likely my English for example is different from what sammy would sound like. Unless there's characters that fit like that, it would only be odd.

For music, you need to decide whether you'd rather try to use already made music, remixed music, or newly created music.
To decide on music, you need an overall storyline theme, pictures, character images, and a high level of empathy.
Music will usually come as good as the story is written. Music is only to add a focused emotional effect, it's not the main piece of the novel. (which is hard to remember sometimes~)

For art, it's fine to have a variety of who does what, but people should stick to one type of thing since art is vastly different.
Someone could design the idea of what the characters look like, but it would be best to see the characters drawn by the same person. Another could do background, etc. What would it be like if one person made one background, and someone else did the next? While you could easily do that, the skill and style difference might be apparent.

For writers, you need as few as possible depending on the number of characters. Since it's impossible to keep one's personality and perspective from bleeding into the story, you'll want to specialize what happens. It's okay for people to write the background of the characters, but it might be up to the narrator (main writer) to put them together. Unless they all share the same common goals, writing a story could cause some conflict as well~

-----

so where does this put a start? The first thing you need is ideas. The second is writers to put them together.
Then you need artists to bring those characters to life, and musicians to give them emotions~
I could maybe help with a story, but I've never really tried making something long~

idk anything about programmy sooo glwt~ :goodtea:

Hey, I have a idea...~! What is if Ushio the script/music-section take would: Because she is always on the music-section (because she upload, too musics...~), And is good with words...~

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Explore elegance with Anemoii's women's moissanite pendant necklace sets, meticulously crafted to perfection. Shop our collection to discover timeless beauty at competitive prices. Elevate your style with the perfect blend of luxury and affordability.
Ruri wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload for mexashare both MP3 only and Full-Version of RJ301587? Thank you!
Link
ann10 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello could you re-upload the english version of 春に生きれば (Haru ni Ikireba) ? https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/190525-snow-ground-春に生きれば-v21-08-30.1196982/

Thanks
Otakutaku wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Would you please reupload this? Thank you for all of your effort, kind Ryzen111-sama.