Your Favorite Anime Genre

Can someone define me what Cyberpunk really is? Not too sure if I ever came across one.

Supernatural, Mystery, Psychological, Comedy, Action, Martial Arts, Drama, Fantasy, Thriller. Cyberpunk

Not in order. I love them all.

Btw: I think this is what cyberpunk is, totally not googled it.

A genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

My favorite genre is definitely Magical Girl Anime.

It has been since the first time I saw Sailor Moon! :) My current favorite is Pretty Cure, aka. Precure. The 10th season (current,) DokiDoki Precure is shaping up to be outstanding!

Can someone define me what Cyberpunk really is? Not too sure if I ever came across one.

Basically, cyberpunk mixes high tech computer science and low life loner protagonists.

Perhaps the best examples of cyberpunk are found in William Gibson's novel Neuromancer, and the classic film Blade Runner.

There are several cyberpunk animes, such as Aeon Flux, Akira, Bubblegum Crisis, Ghost In The Shell, Parasite Doll, Serial Experiments: Lain, and many many others! :)

Reactions: HatoriTakaya
Basically, cyberpunk mixes high tech computer science and low life loner protagonists.

Perhaps the best examples of cyberpunk are found in William Gibson's novel Neuromancer, and the classic film Blade Runner.

There are several cyberpunk animes, such as Aeon Flux, Akira, Bubblegum Crisis, Ghost In The Shell, Parasite Doll, Serial Experiments: Lain, and many many others! :)

Thanks for the explanation with examples. Seems like I haven't seen any of those you have mentioned so it kind of shows a lot why I wasn't able to come up with any examples of my own.

Reactions: Leggy
[MENTION=10600]HatoriTakaya[/MENTION]; Any one of the mentioned shows is worth watching as an intro to cyberpunk. They're all pretty good. :)

[MENTION=10600]HatoriTakaya[/MENTION]; Any one of the mentioned shows is worth watching as an intro to cyberpunk. They're all pretty good. :)

I'll consider it next time I want to watch something new. Thanks for the advice again.

I like all kind of anime, ( can't think of any type I dislike xD ) but my favorites would be among action, seinen, horror, psychological, comedy and fantasy.

Horror and then fantasy (the more whimsical the better), followed by SF. For SF I prefer it a little bit gritty and realistic.

That said, though I like my anime mostly serious, I wouldn't mind a fluffy turns-brains-off anime if it panders to my interests! >_>

I'm a bit ashamed but i only like Romance style like : ZEO NO tsukaima , Eureka seven and Good comedy like :School rumble ( wich i just started )

[MENTION=62450]azazel sama[/MENTION]; From your description, if you haven't seen it, you'll enjoy Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, and the sequels Purity and Finale. A good watch! :)

I'v just read Nogizaka no himitsu's plot i like that, thanks a lot i was out of anime !! ^^

If I had to say my absolute favorite, it would have to be comedy. But like everyone else I'll just say some other genres I really like too: Action, Drama, Ecchi, Harem, Magical Girl, Romance, Slice of Life... and yuri.

Eh, I don't really have a favorite genre - Mirai Niiki, Toradora and Lucky Star are all in my top 5, so I'm kinda all over the place. Although I suppose I do tend to watch more SoL and comedies than others, but I think that's only so I don't get overwhelmed by feels from the more serious animes I watch.

However, there are definitely some genres that I decidedly don't like...

Reactions: ghandbagscoach
Well toradora is a romance / comedy genre, loved that character Taiga , you should watch School rumble it's basicly like toradora but more Fun

ah maybe romance comedy or psychology.. .
qEUNUSG.gif

I tend to like slice of life and comedy. And I don't really know what genre this would be, but I like anime like Monster, Utena, and Fruits Basket; that take society and turn it into this minuscule version in which certain aspects receive a strong focus (like hierarchy, controlling others by use of sex or fear, etc.). And yeah, I know most anime talks about stuff like this, but I'm talking about anime whose entire purpose (the characters and their stories) is to be a symbol that expresses these thoughts. If that makes since, cuz I'll admit I'm not the best at explaining things :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Seiki wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you reupload RJ417904 ?
TheFihr wrote on Esan's profile.
[110526][May-Be SOFT] へんし~ん!!!~パンツになってクンクンペロペロ~ ワン・ツー・パック!
Mexashare and Katfile links are borken can we get re-upload?
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, almost RJ01034281 mexa links are dead, please could you reupload these?
yan_yan wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry, Could you please re-upload RJ01133991 ?

☄️RELEASE☄️[231229][メスイキラボ] 【メスイキ地獄】究極のガチイキメソッド本 ちんぽメスイキ・潮吹き乳首イキ メスイキ性感開発バイブル編
jike1233 wrote on Shine's profile.
would you update this file [May] 八星帝 [RJ01004084].the old download link is 404 and the newest version is 1.70