What does your family think of you playing games, reading manga, or watching anime?

I don´t give a fuck about what they think....Anime/Manga is the way i´ve chosen....The don´t understand.That´s how it is.I don´t care.Im into it...that´s what i love.I really don´t care about what my family or my friends think about...fuck that.Its me and my hobbies...love me or hate me.It s up to you...

My mum dosen't care what I watch or do as regards to anime as she is happy I'm not going out every weekend and getting pissed (although she doesn't know how much I spend on it is probably more than a few good nights out a month, but I pay my rent and other bills on time so there is no issue, it also probably helps I don't live with her anymore so she doesn't see the multiple bookcases of dvds, blurays & manga). When my dad was alive he didn't mid it either, but the odd bit he saw he thought it was was a bit weird. My sister just thinks I'm a nerd, which is pretty bang on really.

The rest of my family have no idea about my fandom.

They hate it when I play the whole time. they think it's just a waste of time :D

They think all I do is study. Not entirely wrong, but I put aside some time to enjoy my hobbies, which include playing games, watching anime or reading manga and other things. My parents have the mind set that if I'm not working, or doing basic human things (e.g. sleeping), I should be studying.

So if they were to find out that I was watching anime, playing games and so on, they'd probably have a fit.

Last edited:
They think all I do is study. Not entirely wrong, but I put aside some time to enjoy my hobbies, which include playing games, watching anime or reading manga and other things. My parents have the mind set that if I'm not working, or doing basic human things (e.g. sleeping), I should be studying.

They even expected me to study during my summer vacation before I had to start university. Hahahaha... no.

So if they were to find out that I was watching anime, playing games and so on, they'd probably have a fit.

I have the same problems as you i guess.

I don´t care anymore.....Im A Man on a Mission.They don´t understand even if i try to explain.So i stick with " That is a Japanese Cartoon....like Disney and such i say " those they understand ;)

Friends think that my interest in anime/manga is a thing of the past.
My family know that I watch anime (I do it blatantly when I dine) and read manga; they're fine with it since they trust me to take care of my own schedule.
No one knows that I play VNs, though I've told a friend in passing (I'm pretty sure that she assumed that I had minimal interest in games anyway).

Hmm this is an interesting question. Well generally they don't have problems with anime and games or VN-s but when it comes to specific genres (Generally those that are aimed for females like Free! or all the Otome game) things get pretty awkward...

Hmm this is an interesting question. Well generally they don't have problems with anime and games or VN-s but when it comes to specific genres (Generally those that are aimed for females like Free! or all the Otome game) things get pretty awkward...
I been in that awkward situation because i collect yu-gi-oh cards , for anime and manga they were like okay , or don't care much , but for yu-gi-oh cards i had the same problem , they think its only for boys/male audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.

✨Shine✨[240426][おふろワークス] サキと淫絡の坩堝 [RJ01138218]

mobius0417 wrote on Esan's profile.
[070525][ROOT] 桃華月憚(とうかげったん) 豪華版

The link for the above work is broken on Katfile and Mexashare, so please re-upload it.
Shhlime wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Could you reupload this relatively vintage game on Mexa? Would appreciate greatly.
AnimeDreamX wrote on Otokonoko's profile.