[Discussions] SOTM #31 - May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Dark Angel is very eager to start the next SOTM

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; the second render didn't have legs and it was also very small so i just add her inside the background. And the lettering, hm that's my weak spot! I am not good selecting a matching font :( but i tryed to match the coloring of the fonts to that of the signature.

Thought i make something... unorthodox sig pattern i did the background with 2 ready made images from a warrior and a castle i played with opacity and that's it the renders i found them from devianart. And that's all made the set in about 30 - 40 minutes time...

I know it's not a master-piece but i like it ;) and i satisfied even i know i have some weak spots, but i don't feel like losing confidence!
I think it looks better that way. Having more than one render pop out of the base signature shape would be distracting, unless the entire signature is formed like a dynamic shape rather than a static piece of integrated artwork. So I'd say you did it right by making the other render part of the background and not pop out like the other. Well done!

Well, the "next week" was the first week of June meant - The periode where we still about the June-SOTM decide... Hmm... Let's wait until Friday, if we to no result coming, then let's a another Free style SOTM start, okay?
[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; when you will start the new sotm?
I plan to close this SOTM and start the new one tonight. At least that's what I have in mind―I have some, er, concerns irl that I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off tonight. But even though I end up late, I'll try to get it up this week, don't worry.

As for the theme, I was thinking of having something like, say, "recreation". Partially because stuff hasn't been very favourable to me irl (but please don't mind about that), and I think it also covers themes like summer, beach, and the corresponding aspects such as swimsuits. It can be anywhere―playing at the beach, taking a hike on mountainous ranges, a bustling social event or a festival, someone going somewhere in a vehicle, or maybe even simply someone relaxing at home―each to their own, right?

How does that sound?

As for the theme, I was thinking of having something like, say, "recreation". Partially because stuff hasn't been very favourable to me irl (but please don't mind about that), and I think it also covers themes like summer, beach, and the corresponding aspects such as swimsuits. It can be anywhere―playing at the beach, taking a hike on mountainous ranges, a bustling social event or a festival, someone going somewhere in a vehicle, or maybe even simply someone relaxing at home―each to their own, right?

How does that sound?

recreation... as theme hm i am trying to over come the over-creation creation you mean make from scratch something? Or re-doing something allready been made from someone else?

Also you can take you time :)

We were just wandering the theme (personally to start thinking ideas of what i should make)

For now i ma rendering and re-making some parts that don't exist (are covered) by other elements like a bat... i will send you a PSD and later when i will finalize the render i will upload them! to my thread!

recreation... as theme hm i am trying to over come the over-creation creation you mean make from scratch something? Or re-doing something allready been made from someone else?

Also you can take you time :)

We were just wandering the theme (personally to start thinking ideas of what i should make)

For now i ma rendering and re-making some parts that don't exist (are covered) by other elements like a bat... i will send you a PSD and later when i will finalize the render i will upload them! to my thread!
Err, no. Not recreation as in redoing a creation. It's like doing a fun activity for a change of pace. From Wikipedia:
Recreation or fun is a person's time of refreshing his or her body and mind. There are many different forms of recreation which are shaped by individual interests and by environment; a few examples being reading, playing or listening to music, watching movies or TV, gardening, hunting, hobbies, sports, studies, and travel.

If you were thinking of making something that pictured a beach, girls in swimsuits, or other such summery things, you can just carry on. It still represents the theme.

And yes, redrawing obstructed parts can be a pain. Though, if you've got a drawing tablet, I suppose it's easier. Appreciate you sharing your resources :)

I plan to close this SOTM and start the new one tonight. At least that's what I have in mind―I have some, er, concerns irl that I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off tonight. But even though I end up late, I'll try to get it up this week, don't worry.

How does that sound?

It sounds not bad... But just/only for protocol: Well, an old SOTM-siggy-project what with the summer to doing had to this upcoming SOTM edit?:goodtea:

Edit: Where are my manners again... Yo Igins^_^!

Last edited:
Err, no. Not recreation as in redoing a creation. It's like doing a fun activity for a change of pace. From Wikipedia:

If you were thinking of making something that pictured a beach, girls in swimsuits, or other such summery things, you can just carry on. It still represents the theme.

And yes, redrawing obstructed parts can be a pain. Though, if you've got a drawing tablet, I suppose it's easier. Appreciate you sharing your resources :)

Hm thanx for the reference, i might start thinking of what i can make now :)

Yeah the stylus saved me in many times. But after every 1 or 2nd year they are giving up because i use them if they where just an ordinary pen... I mean if there is a streghit line on a render i use the stylus with a ruler like if i was using a pencil or a pen and make geometrical shapes.

And the sensor soon or later they fail :XD:

And yeap i always share my work ;)

I think it looks better that way. Having more than one render pop out of the base signature shape would be distracting, unless the entire signature is formed like a dynamic shape rather than a static piece of integrated artwork. So I'd say you did it right by making the other render part of the background and not pop out like the other. Well done!

Thank you for the compliment!

I just thought to do something in half. A pop-out & a full background or rather integrated sig. in the mix :D

well i like the way it looks and i am satisfy.

Though i will try to improve my self for the next sotm!

Thank you for the compliment!

I just thought to do something in half. A pop-out & a full background or rather integrated sig. in the mix :D

well i like the way it looks and i am satisfy.

Though i will try to improve my self for the next sotm!

I think you should go for a full background signature rather a pop-out!

Reactions: Mikado Sensei
Hm thanx for the reference, i might start thinking of what i can make now :)

Yeah the stylus saved me in many times. But after every 1 or 2nd year they are giving up because i use them if they where just an ordinary pen... I mean if there is a streghit line on a render i use the stylus with a ruler like if i was using a pencil or a pen and make geometrical shapes.

And the sensor soon or later they fail :XD:

And yeap i always share my work ;)

yeah because you are over-using them... i pity those machine's souls... :XD:

Reactions: Mikado Sensei
Am' hot for the SOTM already (and this doesn't lie only at weather lately)...:goodtea:

Well, at least did you your 2nd award already won in 31 D'angel, g'gratulation so far!!!...:goodtea:

i have 3-4 renders also i might also throw them a change to glow ;)

I am on fire i saw some of your ideas! i loved them all your version... but is to difficult to decide with which one you should enter. Though it's good you made so many of them... In my side i mind go with Ahri from LOL... dodn't know it's just hit me somewhat!

Ahh.... I am waiting for the next SOTM!
[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; when are you going to close SOTM 30 and start the polls for the 31 SOTM?

I am on fire i saw some of your ideas! i loved them all your version... but is to difficult to decide with which one you should enter. Though it's good you made so many of them... In my side i mind go with Ahri from LOL... dodn't know it's just hit me somewhat!

Ahh.... I am waiting for the next SOTM!

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; when are you going to close SOTM 30 and start the polls for the 31 SOTM?

Hm Ahri? She is cool! pete's fav character, are you doing that so you can piss off [MENTION=79628]Petros[/MENTION];

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

darkpachon wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
sorry can you upload again [110128] [Studio 邪恋] 操心術0 パッケージ版 is that the links are down
darkpachon wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
sorry can you upload again

[121130][STUDIO邪恋] 操心術∞(メビウス)

the links are down
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
request
can you upload this?

男装王子様系女子は爆乳爆尻マゾ娘っ♪
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
When you adopt a puppy from Hickory Ridge Goldens, you are not just getting a pet; you are becoming part of our extended family. We are dedicated to maintaining a lifelong relationship with our puppy owners, offering guidance and support as needed.
Jagger051 wrote on Esan's profile.

[Japanese] [160930][デジタルGパワー] 不幸な母さんとしあわせラブラブ生活

Links Broken, re-upload please