Meet the REAPER

Well it could be the SSD fault but you're not running Window 8 so... I kind of in doubt about that. Have you installed the drivers for SSD? Well if they have any that is. In my experience, Window 7 should of had the TRIM technology or something similar like that in the patches. I could be wrong and most likely irreverent to the cause of the problem. Do you have a spare SATA HDD to do a test on the system to ensure it is a variable of causing the BSOD? I think that's the best way to single out if the SSD is at fault.

---
TL;DR: [MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION]: Do a isolation test by using a old SATA HDD with an installed OS (or just clone the files from the SSD to HDD) and see if still cause a BSOD. You can also just run a basic OS without too many application on a another HDD to see if it does BSOD. This assumes the first test still cased the BSOD.

TEST 1: SATA HDD with the cloned files from the SSD.

TEST 2 (If TEST 1 finds BSOD positive): SATA HDD with Fresh OS Installation
---

I still liked ASUS and Toshiba products for laptops and well... I like ASUS for most of my desktop hardware. Gigabyte more often than not screwed me over. I have used it and the only time I would advise Gigabyte is when you don't need any fancy and making a 400 to 600 USD desktop computer. It works pretty well for some reason. Right now I have literally two to four systems that can be booted in my household. The only thing I can't do though is to power them all up since I'm restricted in how much power that I'm allowed to course through the residence.

[MENTION=37707]FinalPyre[/MENTION]: The Window Button is something I aware of. It's just that simply the GUI and Navigation is annoying for me and efficiency for completing paperwork en-masses is not feasible at the moment. Other than that, it's innovative I have to admit especially how they are looking towards a future without a keyboard and mouse.

[MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION]; an IPS screen on a laptop would be a dream, but the battery life would probably be pretty bad. I wouldn't hate on TN too hard, if all you want it a crappy cheap screen, they do the trick. I got an asus vs248h-p to be used for passive applications, like word documents and such, where I just wanted a dim screen for the extra space. It is also what I use sites like ASF that have very bright layouts. Would have been a plus if it had a vertical tilt stand, but I guess I'll still code on my main monitor then.

Glossy screens aren't all that bad, but if you get into a bright area they can become useless pretty fast.

I love how you are so black and white in what you think is acceptable/garbage XD

an IPS screen on a laptop would be a dream, but the battery life would probably be pretty bad. I wouldn't hate on TN too hard, if all you want it a crappy cheap screen, they do the trick. I got an asus vs248h-p to be used for passive applications

True, but LED backlit used in tablets and cell phone won't be that terrible, a bit worse in quality and darker ofc. I too have some cheap TN panel as "console" in case issues arise and I cannot remotely manage my servers. For 90$ and very minimal usage, it can't go wrong.

Glossy screen is bad on laptop and desktop alike unless you really live in a cave. Glossy should remain on touch screen and that's that, there's no reason (except for reducing cost where cost is critical) for high end non-touch laptop to have glossy screen crap.

I love how you are so black and white in what you think is acceptable/garbage XD
Yeah, it's the digital age we are in: Either 1 or 0. I do have the middle ground but god... some doesn't have any middle ground at all.

If I ever set up a server (probably will eventually, I have no idea what else I'd be wasting my time on) I would most certainly just go for a cheap screen. Heck get a green CRT just for the look (though those may cost more by now XD). And yes I'm hoping for matte in this laptop. My tablet is glossy (obviously) and it becomes practically worthless in a sunny room.

Sometimes having someone who straight up loves or hate something, and actually has a reason for it, ends up being much more interesting and helpful than the guys who just say "either is probably fine".

I'm straight, that's how I always be. I don't have a lot of friends because of that reason. But hey, probably because I'm a weirdo as well

You probably don't find anyone with this amount of ero stuff, ero knowledge, and is an ero god, and a passion for ... ... I better stop.

Well either way, no crash so far, I'm thinking of procuring additional SSDs, so to avoid BSOD.

I'm straight, that's how I always be. I don't have a lot of friends because of that reason.
Out of this context one might wonder about your community.

If you actually have gone through your servers of however many terabytes of ero stuff, that is an accomplishment of its own. As long as it hasn't become a second job to you by now XD

I think most of us on ASF are probably weirdos in some way or another anyways. I don't have a lot of friends myself simply because I don't want to have a lot of friends, and I'm not very willing to give other people my time unless it is under my conditions (such as an internet forum, where it would be perfectly fine for me to pretend I never saw your post and just ignore this thread). I'm perfectly apt (or for the most part anyways) at getting along in an environment full of persons though. :)

Well either way, no crash so far, I'm thinking of procuring additional SSDs, so to avoid BSOD.

Sounds like things are going smoothly from what you have been posting. The idea of procuring more SSD isn't a bad idea. With that said, I pretty sure you already know that RAID configurations to mirror the SSD and also to keep one as backup in case both fails. If that ever happens that is.

-----------

We all have our own interests and lifestyle we follow. Pretty sure more often than not you'll see people trying to fit in a stereotype and find those who are straight to the point as brash, edged or even unsociable individuals. And... I haven't found many that like the harsh truth upfront. Guess it also falls under as tactless and unfriendly as well.

HatoriTakaya

SSDs are expensive, I cannot afford to raid-1 these. I don't mind loss of OS SSDs, it can be reinstalled relatively fast.

HatoriTakaya

SSDs are expensive, I cannot afford to raid-1 these. I don't mind loss of OS SSDs, it can be reinstalled relatively fast.

Yeah they are. Not sure what you'll do with the extras then. Would of thought you'll just buy them if your SSD goes down and temporary manage with a HDD until you get another one. Are you going to have a dedicated main SSD/HDD that has the OS and essential programs only installed and have a clone of the main to be a backup incase it fails?

They will be put into the pool and be useful for the rest of their life! There will be only one SSD as main OS, it will be clone to a file and stored on my backup server.

This thread has only gotten more interesting now than at it's inception...

I love straight, I call it Honesty...And I can relate in some way in regards to other people, guess maybe it's somewhat like I'm supposed to then "push others away" simply for not always talking along. Why some people can't deal with something so simple at times is beyond me. Though I still try to be tactful where ever I can.

I think most of us on ASF are probably weirdos in some way or another anyways. I don't have a lot of friends myself simply because I don't want to have a lot of friends, and I'm not very willing to give other people my time unless it is under my conditions (such as an internet forum, where it would be perfectly fine for me to pretend I never saw your post and just ignore this thread). I'm perfectly apt (or for the most part anyways) at getting along in an environment full of persons though. :)

Thats what I always say, isn't thats why I'm glad I have you all in this place ^^ If we're weirdo's (not that we are really, just the brand we get from breaking the norms) we should have "weirdo" friends. The thing about being not like everybody else, is that you can be in a house/room full of people... and still be alone as if they weren't even there.

Oh and. @Pyre @Checko The keywords "Sony bashing" & "black & White" reminds me of a certain last night on youtube. Check maybe you'd enjoy to bash stuff in a video like I do. I feel too embarrassed to post my video though...they always seems like such a "good idea" when still having the annoyance fresh in memory. They can at least serve as a frustration went.

Hope this was not too digressing from the rest of the thread so far for mentioning...
I'll leave the troubleshooting in your hands, as I've just had my own minor ones last night.

This thread has only gotten more interesting now than at it's inception...

I love straight, I call it Honesty...And I can relate in some way in regards to other people, guess maybe it's somewhat like I'm supposed to then "push others away" simply for not always talking along. Why some people can't deal with something so simple at times is beyond me. Though I still try to be tactful where ever I can.

Thats what I always say, isn't thats why I'm glad I have you all in this place ^^ If we're weirdo's (not that we are really, just the brand we get from breaking the norms) we should have "weirdo" friends. The thing about being not like everybody else, is that you can be in a house/room full of people... and still be alone as if they weren't even there.

Well at least I can agree to that opinion. I like honest people, even if they hate me at least I know. I have more problems with people who like to say one thing but do the other thing and cause harm. As for the stereotype weird, I don't really think people who are unable to be agreeable about every matter is weird. Or having a hobby that people would not agree to. If weird is not following the trend, then I guess I fall in that category.

[MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION]: Ah okay. That explains it and that works. I do that as well, except I have a spare HDD that has all the OS details including everything essentially installed there.

Update: After several upgrade, diagnostic and many more. It is strongly suggested that the SSD is the major component at fault here. Unfortunately, I'm a little bit short on SSD replacement, so it will take me a bit more for a proper replacement

(Mostly, I'm too lazy about it, if I had to swap SSD, to see if SSD or not, then I have to reinstall everything. Then in case I can confirm it's an SSD, then I would have to swap it out to a replacement SSD, which - I will need to install everything AGAIN)

[MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION]: Was going to say use a old HDD when I saw that you were bothered about the time frame it takes to install rather than anything else. I have to say that Drive faults are always relatively annoying for me. I had to do all that on a SATA HDD and do a clean install. For those who don't know what I meant, a clean install refers to making all the bits on your HDD to Zero with a command from CMD or a program. Depending on the size and the speed of writes on the Drive, it can take anywhere from simple flash (SSD) to six (500 GB SATA HDD) or more hours to complete.

You know what you have to do now in the testing. You just have to set yourself the time and tell us how it went. Personally, SSD is pretty pricy at the moment.

I have 2 choice, wait for boxing day which is 2.5 months from now on or just try to find a cheap SSD and make it happen.

This is wholelot headache now and the primary reason for the delay of Kii.re.

In the mean time though, REAPER(s) is very powerful and efficient just how I like it. I want to make it my primary PC nau ._. awww

Last edited:
Awhh...somehow that makes me imagine your reaper with nekomimi ears ><

Uh well, I just gotta say I know how that headache feels, sort of, technical problems can be a real ache, at least when their unknown. It just happens to be that my new EVO SSD might be faulty....eh. It's always the stream of little small things that gets you tired in the long run, if it was only some big chunks instead I'm convinced it would be easier cause then it could have the whole focus. Just thought I mentioned it, cause I relate to what your describing.

I have 2 choice, wait for boxing day which is 2.5 months from now on or just try to find a cheap SSD and make it happen.

This is wholelot headache now and the primary reason for the delay of Kii.re.

In the mean time though, REAPER(s) is very powerful and efficient just how I like it. I want to make it my primary PC nau ._. awww

I say wait and actually make a proper purchase. For all obvious reasons, you're making a large investment and lets be honest here, you want it to be worthwhile investment for a couple of years. Rushing in matters will only make you spend unnecessarily and over reach your budget relatively quickly. I learned that the hard way after making one OC system go to hell in six months.

Good news: around midnight today there will be a big sale from Staples. I'll have a chance secure a Samsung EVO 250GB for 120$.

Gotta snatch it as fast as possible though.

7:00 AM now.

Last edited:
I've managed to secure Samsung MZ-7TE250BW EVO 250GB for 146$ but I've been informed the item is new and stock is very limited, therefore the expected delivery gonna be 7 October, and that would be two weeks from now on.

DERP!

I've managed to secure Samsung MZ-7TE250BW EVO 250GB for 146$ but I've been informed the item is new and stock is very limited, therefore the expected delivery gonna be 7 October, and that would be two weeks from now on.

DERP!

Where did you find it at that price? Cheapest I seen it is around $175

Awesome I'm gonna check that out. Hopefully the Staples in Illinois have the same deal going on.

Remember that I'm in Canada, so US has different deals and dates

Oh that sucks, I'll check the website

$189.99 on U.S. website :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

flynn wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
hello, Could you reupload the download links for this game? thank you !
[080430][Tennenouji] みらくるのーとん 願いを打ちこんで!
Scale wrote on UFO's profile.
Can you re-upload this game (18禁ゲーム)[160729][extern] 報復催眠 DL版 (認証回避済) if possible? Thanks you!
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/18禁ゲーム-160729-extern-報復催眠-dl版-認証回避済.565818/
tim30069 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
抜きゲーみたいな島に住んでる貧乳はどうすりゃいいですか? ソフマップ特典録り下ろしドラマCD 「後輩の変態プレイに付き合わされてギャル彼女と鑑賞されながらいちゃラブエッチ」

SHUFFLE! エピソード2~神にも悪魔にも狙われている男~ げっちゅ屋特典ドラマCD「どきどきドラマCD 木下きらら編」

ハミダシクリエイティブ トレーダー特典ドラマCD「どうかecchiと発音して下さい。」

ハミダシクリエイティブ げっちゅ屋特典ドラマCD「人間らしい、正直な暮らしをするつもりです」

ハミダシクリエイティブ凸 げっちゅ屋特典録り下ろしドラマCD「妃愛の結婚式、エーゲ海にて」
Hapsunn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
heyy can you please update [210811][ナッツが主食] JKボクサー凛香と復讐の地下リング Ver1.1 [RJ325990], there is a newer version of the game, it gives the game an english translation, thank you
Sirvipe235 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.