[LPW #71] Don't Forget Your Please and Thank-Yous~

Status
Not open for further replies.
not too long. a lot of spammers around.

and it's unfair. before Excalibur no safe house is safe enough..

what i really wanted to say: love lab manga is a looooot further than anime :o

xD Its just a place for people to chat, doesn't really matter how long the post counts are.

[MENTION=37707]FinalPyre[/MENTION]; no, no. i dont. i just went through the episodes to look for it. i got most of them on my external drive. :>

Oh I see. That must have been quite the effort, even moving quickly!
I currently have all of them and am slowly watching through. That particular scene had me fighting back hysterical laughter pretty hard!

[MENTION=26]KingArturia[/MENTION]; you should consider adding that limitation to the rules. So that, you know, it's a rule. To me "Keep the size of externally hosted images reasonable." sounds more like "don't exceed xMB", my first reaction being 5...
Hmm I'm guessing the code here isn't intelligent enough to notice duplications of the same content on a page either :/

Anyways I'll change it, but while I know it isn't under your control, please make sure the information is changed so we aren't dealing with some abstract limitation...

[MENTION=37707]FinalPyre[/MENTION] ;

It isn't an abstract rule, it was explained by Checku-sama that if we assume everyone have a signature of let's say 1mb, 10 post in a page will mean loading 10mb for a webpage, that causes a lot problems and will slow down loading times for members (especially if you're surfing using a mobile device), hence why we keep it below 500kb to avoid this. However, if you would like to voice your opinion with Checku-sama, then feel free to make a thread about it. I've actually been told ASF is quite good on this already, apparently other forums only allow 100-200kb limit size, but I cannot really confirm this myself since ASF is the only active forum I go to.

Whilst you're reading this...you obviously haven't read this post by Corocoro-sama when he updated the rules on Signatures/avatar because I cannot regulate .gif signatures due to it wasn't previously stated how big the sizes are allowed.

http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/forum-rules-guidelines-4/avatar-signature-guidelines-613/

Reactions: FinalPyre
No, I mean it is completely fine to have a limitation, however you just have the abstract limit of "Keep the size of externally hosted images reasonable." stated in the siggy section.

And while I'm not exactly sure how compression for web pages would work, but it would be interesting to make the page check before loading if the same person has posted more than once, and then only load the image once and put it in two places. Not sure if that is possible with current browsers though... it would probably cause problems. Would save tons of bandwidth if it is possible though. :)

EDIT: you added info while I had the tab open :P
I see. Such information should be added to the edit page, as the rules there look like they are trying to at least be semi-comprehensive.

I just like Gintama's humor. The anime might have ended, but we still have the manga~ :goodtea:

EDIT: mmh.. dont think it works like this.

The maximum dimensions for signature images are 500x300 - this means a width of 500 pixel and a height of 300 pixel. If multiple images are used the combined size may not be larger than 500x300. Please keep the filesizes of externally hosted images reasonable (below 500kB total).

That's rule number 4 on the link I just provided you, like I said it was updated recently due to how regular I check on people's sig.

The maximum dimensions for signature images are 500x300 - this means a width of 500 pixel and a height of 300 pixel. If multiple images are used the combined size may not be larger than 500x300. Please keep the filesizes of externally hosted images reasonable (below 500kB total).

That's rule number 4 on the link I just provided you, like I said it was updated recently due to how regular I check on people's sig.

Ah yes. You probably were just ninja'd like I was. I edited my post as well! :ninja:

No point spamming post on one thing, might as well group them together if I can.

Anyway, like my Sig suggests I'm gonna call it a day. Laters guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

gaoda1347 wrote on Shine's profile.
the 「Clear Girlー無色透明彼女ー」 has a fix patch was uploaded. could you reupload it plz?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threa...ftware-clear-girlー無色透明彼女ー-rj01093304.1489533/
AoToHime wrote on ramori's profile.
Hello there. Can you please upload this?

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01199671.html/

Thanks in advance!
[Request] [RJ01110786]【巨根裏垢Keyくん。】マスクの下が見たい?じゃあ……ここにDMして

RJ01110786_img_main.webp

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, RJ323169 RJ328721 RJ342268 links are dead, could you please reupload these?
I made my signature over 8 years ago...Please don't judge it too harshly.