Can you recommend some Anime to me?

resb

Dec 30, 2012
Hi, this is my first post and let me start by saying thank you for this site. I've been a huge anime fan about ten years ago, but after that it kind of faded away for me and I haven't been into anime much ever since. Finding this site has rekindled my interest in Anime again, and I'm really grateful for this.

This ten year break is also the reason I'm asking for recommendations - I have missed out on everything regarding anime during that time. First great thing to notice is how ridiculously good anime looks in HD. I can still remember buying my first anime DVDs and having my mind blown from the switch from VHS to DVD, and looking at the Bluray quality has a similar effect.

So, can you recommend some good anime to me, preferrably from the last ten years? I wouldn't mind older ones though because I have certainly missed out on a lot. When I browse through the anime section, there are so many Japanese titles that I don't recognize, and it's overwhelming and confusing. My favorites back then were Cowboy Bebop, Utena, Please save my Earth, Record of Lodoss War, Evangelion and Trigun. As far as feature films go, I liked Ghost in the Shell, Jin-Roh, Macross Plus etc.. I also REALLY like the artsy, atmospheric, symbolic movies like Tenshi no Tamago, Galaxy Express. So I'm generally looking for interesting and emotional plots and characters, atmospheric and dark visuals, and storylines that make you think. I would also care much about a good romance anime.

Thanks for reading!

Hello resb, and let me use this opportunity to welcome u here :).

Now about anime: Steins;Gate, Black Lagoon, Claymore, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Darker Than Black, Canaan, Gungrave. Hit me up if u need more. As these are basicly a must watch

No romances on there as I don't really watch those, but if u like something that makes u think and artsy u should definetly try Ergo Proxy

Hi resb, here are my recommendations.

Fate/Zero (1st and 2nd season)
GUNGRAVE
GUNSLINGER GIRL (1st season)
MACROSS Frontier
MADLAX
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
RIDEBACK

Thank you for taking the time to write your suggestions! I had a quick look at the animes you mentioned and every single one of them had something that immediately caught my interest, be it the art design or the story. If you can think of anything else, please do let me know. Thank you!

Here's my 25 pence (pence because I'm British. :P):

AnoHana
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Another
Bakemonogatari
Cardcaptor Sakura
Casshern Sins
Chobits
Chuu2byou demo Koi ga Shitai
Clannad
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop (Though I haven't seen this, I thought I'd recommend it)
Daily Lives of Highschool Boys
Detective Konan
Digimon Adventures/Tamers/Savers
Durarara!!
Eureka 7
Fate/Zero
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Gintama
Guilty Crown
Gundam: 1979/Zeta/Wing/Turn A/SEED/00/UnicornHaganai
Hanasaku Iroha
Hyouka
K' (anime project)
K-On!
Kanon 2006
Kara no Kyoukai
Koi to Senkyou to Chocolate
Kokoro Connect
Little Busters
Lupin III
Macross Frontier
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Movie remakes)
Nichijou
Psycho Pass
Sakurasou
Samurai Champloo
Shinsekai Yori
SKET Dance
Steins;Gate
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Shiki
Sora no Otoshimono
Tari Tari
Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann
Tiger and Bunny
Toradora
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
Zetsuen no Tempest

I can recommend more but I can't think of any at this time. Hope I was of any help. =]

:runhappy:

If you like some mature (I mean not cheesy like nowadays harem ecchi anime) romance anime I suggest you watch Gosick and Spice and Wolf.

Only when I saw your name in this thread Musang did I remember Spice and Wolf.

There's also Shaman King, and card game anime like (Yu-Gi-Oh!, Vanguard and Duel Masters), Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor, Hunter x Hunter (the remake I think), Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun, Toriko, One Piece.

Also, welcome to Anime-Sharing. =]

Its definitely worth watching in my opinion. :goodtea:

Yuri Yuri, Hajime no Ippo, Hidamari Sketch are also worth looking into, resb.

Humn....

Random recommendation from me:
Infinite Stratos, [E]
KSNH S1 & S2 (Kyokaisenjou no Horizon) [E]
BRS
Seitokai no Icizon
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Sakurasou [E]
Code Geass
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
TWGOK (The World God Only Knows)
Muv-Luv Alternative : Total Eclipse [E]
and...
Nurarihyon no Mago

Not sure how I missed Senjou no Horizon. Didn't know you watched Muv-Luv Saint. I'll recommend it if you plan on watching Mecha. It gets good in the second half. And there's a possibility of there being a second season since it's Mecha, and Mecha ending in 25 episodes tend to have a S2.

I may as well recommend Zone of the Enders Dolores.i and Xenosaga: The animation while I'm at it. :goodtea:

Hello resb!

The mostly from my favorite animes have already my colleague about me said... But I add, too there what:

Fate/stay night and the before story of F/sn, Fate/Zero: all two season - and the movie-adaption of F/sn, Fate/stay night-Unlimited Blade Works.
Kara no kyoukai
Tsukihime
-----------
Kyoukai senjou no Horizon - All 2 s.
Oda Nobuna no yabou
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Sword Art Online
Little Busters!
-----------
Steins;Gate
Chaos;Head
etc. ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.