Discussion%20Headline%20-%2042.png
Pure%20%26%20Innocence%20Line%20%28Yellowish%29.png

Discussion%20Thread%20Rules%20for%20SOTM%20-%2042.png

Discussion%20Thread%20Rules%20Rules%20Part%201.png

Have%20Fun%20-%2042.png

Summer%20SAO%20Render.png

Very nice theme! if i feel better this month i might also join the new sotm. The banner is very nice!

Reactions: Hexagon
I think you should compete!

i have limited time i found my self a new job thankfully so yeah i believe i should have some free time this month and i can't say for 100% that i will be participating, but i will give my best not to disappoint you [MENTION=44312]Shishou[/MENTION];

i have limited time i found my self a new job thankfully so yeah i believe i should have some free time this month and i can't say for 100% that i will be participating, but i will give my best not to disappoint you [MENTION=44312]Shishou[/MENTION];

You have never disappoint me in the past so I have faith in you!

give me some hints for this sotm what renders should i look for?

Here some hints find renders that the character is in one piece white dress or the character is wearing summer clothing or having an ice cream or one other example use a group render like the SAO render that i used at the end of the thread presentation.

Yey, it's open...xD! And like always, you can quiet me count in at this event also...^_^!

Reactions: Hexagon
Well for the time been i am working on for the next SOTM. I am thinking leaving this one for July & August, but i am not certain. I prefer to have another for August Sotm.

Well, yeah. Because it's in the event name: Signature Of The Month...xD

Pinky's schedule was quite chaotic, which is why she often couldn't manage to start and close SOTM rounds on time. I don't think there was any real intention to have bimonthly rounds, except maybe for the ones where she came back in the middle of a month (half a month late) and had to extend the new round until the next month because half a month would be too short.

Maybe having bimonthly rounds every now and then won't be bad for bigger projects? Like instead of just signatures maybe have participants make wallpapers or such? Something that runs side-by-side with the SOTM. Just a thought.

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; Wallpaper Of The Month aka WOTM maybe we can have it between SOTM & WOW And this project can be done with two month time. participants can have 2 months time to place their wallpaper

Indeed because in the Pinky made a dual month sotm but i believe it was rather his/her problem that wasn't able to attend the sotm competition.

Pinky's schedule was quite chaotic, which is why she often couldn't manage to start and close SOTM rounds on time. I don't think there was any real intention to have bimonthly rounds, except maybe for the ones where she came back in the middle of a month (half a month late) and had to extend the new round until the next month because half a month would be too short.

I can me still good 2 years ago remember: as SOTM shortly dying was, because so for about 2 and half months no SOTMs gave - Where then I had about it Ignis contact...xD

But, I can't her nevertheless blame for that. Because everyone has busy periods, where then they priority set have - Which is more important: This or the real life.

Maybe having bimonthly rounds every now and then won't be bad for bigger projects? Like instead of just signatures maybe have participants make wallpapers or such? Something that runs side-by-side with the SOTM. Just a thought.

Hmm... How is that to understand? Do you mean maybe: time-to-time an WOTM (Wallpaper Of The Month) or POTM (Picture Of The Month) events make?

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; Wallpaper Of The Month aka WOTM maybe we can have it between SOTM & WOW And this project can be done with two month time. participants can have 2 months time to place their wallpaper
Hmm... How is that to understand? Do you mean maybe: time-to-time an WOTM (Wallpaper Of The Month) or POTM (Picture Of The Month) events make?
Yep, something like that. We can have it besides the SOTM (meaning the SOTM will still be there, but in addition, we'll have the wallpaper/picture contest) or it can replace the SOTM from time to time. I'll leave the decision to Dark Angel, though as always, I'll be fully behind him and support with whatever I can help with.

If it's going to have a period of over one month, like two months or more, maybe we shouldn't call it the "Picture/Wallpaper of the Month". That would imply it's something we have every month like the SOTM. Naming isn't a problem for now, though. If there's enough interest in having something like this, we should flesh out a concrete plan first, and the name can be easily decided later on.

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; i will give some thoughs but i like the cocept i Believe a monthy WOTM or POTM would b nice as a side project and we can use as winning cups the star concept that i send you earlier ;)

Yep, something like that. We can have it besides the SOTM (meaning the SOTM will still be there, but in addition, we'll have the wallpaper/picture contest) or it can replace the SOTM from time to time. I'll leave the decision to Dark Angel, though as always, I'll be fully behind him and support with whatever I can help with.

If it's going to have a period of over one month, like two months or more, maybe we shouldn't call it the "Picture/Wallpaper of the Month". That would imply it's something we have every month like the SOTM. Naming isn't a problem for now, though. If there's enough interest in having something like this, we should flesh out a concrete plan first, and the name can be easily decided later on.

Ah, I see. Well, I'd be in for this future project. But we should then talk about the dimension-rule: I mean where in SOTM the max. dimension-size 300×500p is, should be then at POTM (or whatever it will be) about 2000×3000p, and the file size of ~ 5 MB?

And well probably at every 3 month such event to start?

Edit: ~ 15-20 min. AFK

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; i will give some thoughs but i like the cocept i Believe a monthy WOTM or POTM would b nice as a side project and we can use as winning cups the star concept that i send you earlier ;)
It's probably going to be harder than the SOTM considering participants will have to deal with large images instead of just small signatures, but same here, I like the concept. And yes, we can use the star image you gave me :)

Ah, I see. Well, I'd be in for this future project. But we should then talk about the dimension-rule: I mean where in SOTM the max. dimension-size 300×500p is, should be then at POTM (or whatever it will be) about 2000×3000p, and the file size of ~ 5 MB?

And well probably at every 3 month such event to start?
2000x3000 is way too big, if you ask me. The standard wallpaper resolution is around 1920x1080 or 1920x1200. 2000x3000 (or 3000x2000) will leave too much space to fill and may create a feel of emptiness with some entries. Not to mention that a large amount of renders don't even come close to that size, so it's going to be hard if you want to start with renders.

As for the time, I guess we can have 2 to 3 months. Not sure how much time would be good for everyone as a wallpaper can be very simple with few decorations or very complex with a lot of abstract meshes. When we do have such an event, I think we can start with 2 months and extend it if the participants need more.

2000x3000 is way too big, if you ask me. The standard wallpaper resolution is around 1920x1080 or 1920x1200. 2000x3000 (or 3000x2000) will leave too much space to fill and may create a feel of emptiness with some entries. Not to mention that a large amount of renders don't even come close to that size, so it's going to be hard if you want to start with renders.

As for the time, I guess we can have 2 to 3 months. Not sure how much time would be good for everyone as a wallpaper can be very simple with few decorations or very complex with a lot of abstract meshes. When we do have such an event, I think we can start with 2 months and extend it if the participants need more.

Well, I did on the people thought, where an bigger screen having. But this was more likely a sample. Ehmm... What? What is with very high-resolution renders like with this...
Koyama%20Hirokazu.FGO.Rider_zpscqavkvhz.png~original

But let's be seriously, a participant would then technically at least 3 versions of the same wallpaper to make, and in the size for the 3 most known screen resolutions: 1024×720, 1600×900 and 1920×1080 - or?

And in 2~3 months...? Okay, I'm in. Though, we need of course a theme for, but we'll it figure out...xD And it's depending on the person, topic and image-editor software. Where then it can be like at SOTM: Where some fast with the project finish, and some who slowly with the project finish. But if it realized will the project (POTM or whatever), then I do think, that it quiet for a month run can.

Edit: Am' with the SOTM-project to 34% done.

Last edited:
Well, I did on the people thought, where an bigger screen having. But this was more likely a sample. Ehmm... What? What is with very high-resolution renders like with this...

But let's be seriously, a participant would then technically at least 3 versions of the same wallpaper to make, and in the size for the 3 most known screen resolutions: 1024×720, 1600×900 and 1920×1080 - or?
1920x1080 is still the standard. Those with bigger screens usually have 2560x1440. Of course there are even bigger screens, but they're usually not for personal use and rather for things like airport traffic monitor.

Some renders have ridiculously high resolutions, but those are usually vector traces of anime-style images, which either come from scans or even low-quality screenshots (1280x720 is small in the grand scheme of things). I can't speak for everyone, but I personally dislike anime-style images and vector traces. For people like me who prefer CG-coloured images and will never use vector traces in signatures and the like, it can be quite limiting.

1920x1080 is still the standard. Those with bigger screens usually have 2560x1440. Of course there are even bigger screens, but they're usually not for personal use and rather for things like airport traffic monitor.

Some renders have ridiculously high resolutions, but those are usually vector traces of anime-style images, which either come from scans or even low-quality screenshots (1280x720 is small in the grand scheme of things). I can't speak for everyone, but I personally dislike anime-style images and vector traces. For people like me who prefer CG-coloured images and will never use vector traces in signatures and the like, it can be quite limiting.

Hmm... Is OK....

Then remains the 1920×1080 resulotion format for POTM. Hmm... Well, everyone having their tastes at renders/images, and I respecting that! And CG's do you mean: game-graphic or so?

Then remains the 1920×1080 resulotion format for POTM. Hmm... Well, everyone having their tastes at renders/images, and I respecting that! And CG's do you mean: game-graphic or so?
It doesn't have to be exactly 1920x1080, of course. It doesn't have to be a wallpaper size either. I just think it's a nice size to use as a starting point. If it's too big you can run into the problems I previously described, but if it's too small, you can't convert it to higher dimensions without losing quality. You can downscale a 1920x1080 image into a 1600x900 one (or 1366x768, 1280x720, etc) reasonably.

Yes, though it doesn't have to be from games either. These images are what I refer to as "anime-style vector traces" (remove the "rating:s" part in the search bar if you want to see lewds as well). I like most styles that don't belong in that category, from simplistic colouring like this to highly complex mixes such as these.

It doesn't have to be exactly 1920x1080, of course. It doesn't have to be a wallpaper size either. I just think it's a nice size to use as a starting point. If it's too big you can run into the problems I previously described, but if it's too small, you can't convert it to higher dimensions without losing quality. You can downscale a 1920x1080 image into a 1600x900 one (or 1366x768, 1280x720, etc) reasonably.

Yes, though it doesn't have to be from games either. These images are what I refer to as "anime-style vector traces" (remove the "rating:s" part in the search bar if you want to see lewds as well). I like most styles that don't belong in that category, from simplistic colouring like this to highly complex mixes such as these.

Ahaaa. Well, we've still time to figure out the details of this future contest (rules and etc.), I'm at least for and I give my best it to support^_^!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause you can't interactive with anything.
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR