Why you didn't you like this anime?

zetacross

Jun 14, 2011
There are too many "my favorite anime" threads. So i'll go the opposite direction. Post and tell about an anime and what went wrong with it. Not many animes are perfect. Why? and what was missing from an otherwise perfect anime ?

Criticism is alot more fun than praise. TV has proven that.

Note : may contain spoiler and/or can lead to flame wars. Admins may self-destruct this thread James Bond style if need be.

So I'll go ahead with Black Lagoon!
Every time the anime brings out a new story arc, japanese gangsters / psychotic children, they always end with a downer - no explosions , no good guys hurt badly , no badass quote from main characters. Otherwise it would've drawn my attention alot more.

On the other end of the spectrum, Shugo Chara!
Very repetitive episodes really killed this otherwise comedic shoujo anime. Probably done to appeal to more wider audience. Episodes were downright predictable and story progression was too slow.

didn't like - somewhat hate.. right?

to start this up . . .

Gundam Seed Destiny- poor character development (some really ignored that), reused scenes and plot failure.. worst mary sue character ever..~ IMo..

this what's i think about now.. will post some that i didn't like or hate. ~

To Heart 2- it's nothing special, so why does every bishoujo game artist like this, if you ask me the works of Key are supiror, to bad no one in Japan likes Kazoku Keikaku
Hetalia Axis Powers- it's not funny

Gundam - all of them. Building mobile suit is not the smartest military idea, IMO. Too big, bulky, can't transform, and the heroes' MS just too powerful, compared to the cannon fodders use.

That's why I like Macross better(especially SDF Macross), the heroes use the same machine like the rest of the team.

I've got a few (dozen) that I didn't care for. In particular I didn't care much for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I think one of the reasons was this was hyped big time to me by some friends and I just didn't see what was so "magical" about this anime. Quite frankly the characters are some of the most annoying I've ever seen in an anime.

i dont like anime that doesnt have any story inside it, plus it so much of fan service..
usually it has harem, and the stories is going nowhere. sometime in the end of series the protagonis doesnt pick one of them [ looklike they were back to the first episode.. nothing goes on].. like oniichan no koto, mayoi neko or similar.

i dont like anime that doesnt have any story inside it, plus it so much of fan service..
usually it has harem, and the stories is going nowhere. sometime in the end of series the protagonis doesnt pick one of them [ looklike they were back to the first episode.. nothing goes on].. like oniichan no koto, mayoi neko or similar.

What I dislike about animes that have a harem in it is the lead never chooses the girl I like the best :P

That and because I tend to enjoy romance/school life animes they almost always have a harem in them :| like Tokimeki Memorial for instance.

To Heart 2- it's nothing special, so why does every bishoujo game artist like this, if you ask me the works of Key are supiror, to bad no one in Japan likes Kazoku Keikaku
Hetalia Axis Powers- it's not funny

Kazoku Keikaku was a bit of a bore, couldnt even finish a route because it was so dragged on. The characters really werent all that interesting either. The art is lacking as well. Though it did have some good things to it, like the plot was good, they could have done alot more with it though.

If visual novels count in this little category i would have to say swan song. if not then itd have to be Bobobo-bobo-bobobo (or however many BO's there are hell if i know xD). This one just threw me for a loop. I think this anime is solely for the purpose of emphasizing an acid trip. I literally had to go back to the first episode by like episode 20 just to remind myself of the plot.... the way the show went tho, I dont even think the creators remembered that their was a plot. I didnt finish it and dont plan to if they even bothered to dub the entire series that is.

hating aint good, but some are just....

one piece - worst possible shit conceived by shounen jump and possibly the entire anime history, its a freaking miracle why it is still running.

toradora - rie in 2 cour series as lead already sounds damn horrible, because she is irritating as hell, and things dont help when you under-utilise the entire cast for an already very bad story.

hayate no gotoku - had a big headache while watching even the first 2 episodes of the show. rie for more than 4 cour? give me a break.

zero no tsukaima - same thing, rie again, she needs a new type of role.

vampire bund - rubbish from the first minute, rubbish manga to begin with.

there are more, but not necessary because of some people, i may sound like a serious hater who needs a life if i go on, so thats that.

Someone told me that One piece is actually epic if you watch the subbed japanese version instead of the english dub. Was never too interested to find out especially since an anime has to be really good in english for me to wanna watch the sub of the japanese version (I have a hard time reading the txt while following the visual content in subbed animes -.-)

dragon drive- made me want to strangle most of the characters at least once
neon genesis evangelion- made me want to strangle shinji a couple times
FMA- (not brotherhood) idk how many plot hole they made and didnt fix
Pandora Hearts- was awesome but they screwed over the ending horribly
cant think of any others but they really shouldnt have annoying as heck characters that have no common sense whatsoever sit around for too long and fix the darn plot holes D:<

Beelzebub - After defeating the strongest four from Ishiyama, the plot just gets ridiculous.

I'm sure some folks like it, but... Shukufuku no Campanella.

It's not that it's bad, the artwork and animation is good.

I can't really say why I didn't like it. I watched four episodes, and had no interest in watching more. The story didn't engage me, I didn't develop any interest in the characters, the plot seemed a bit choppy, and the overall story seemed a bit dull.

Oh well, can't like them all! :)

SAO *shock*
I just wathced episode 1, and didn't fell like watching it again (after helplessly searching for an anime i can watch after that garbage Accel World). And when i heard about the ALO crap i thinked that SAO's plot has gone wayyyyy off (first it's about a guy who gets trapped in a game, and then it veers off to some guy trying to save his crush).

Fairy Tail - hmm dunno but i really don't like it. After created RAVE which i think is epic, Fairy Tail is like... Naruto for Hiro Mashima version :/ , very long story and Natsu too strong to be true, not like Haru in RAVE who can't do anything at first and then learn sword mastery little by little.

Fairy Tail - hmm dunno but i really don't like it. After created RAVE which i think is epic, Fairy Tail is like... Naruto for Hiro Mashima version :/ , very long story and Natsu too strong to be true, not like Haru in RAVE who can't do anything at first and then learn sword mastery little by little.
Yeah, Fairy Tail is one of those kinds of anime's that just won't end no matter what........

[MENTION=3026]zetacross[/MENTION]; "no badass quote from main characters"? I heard quite a few :P

"God’s not at home. He’s on vacation at Vegas."
"I can show you what color your brain is." And many more from Revy :).
And those 2 "kids" were really cool :P....

Well I wanna tell about Tasogare Otome x Amnesia... They trolled with the ending too hard... I know it's shounen but still... It kinda ruined experience for me

Yeah, Fairy Tail is one of those kinds of anime's that just won't end no matter what........

yep, and after some episode I will eventually get bored lol.

Well I wanna tell about Tasogare Otome x Amnesia... They trolled with the ending too hard... I know it's shounen but still... It kinda ruined experience for me

agree with you, it totally ruin the concept of bitter sweet ending /sigh

Umm, anime that I didn't like... well, here goes:

-Naruto: Too dragon ball with ridiculous "ninja"... THEY AREN'T NINJA TO BEGIN WITH!!!!!!!!!!!! (if you must know, Ninja aren't fancy things, they are more like spy, assassin and SP of their lord, nothing like Naruto, okay?!)

-One Piece: didn't care for pirate, not my thing and I just had enough with some "people" (aka friends) telling me that is the best anime ever. Never saw something too repetitive in anime history, and this just surpass Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball.

-Saint Seiya: hate it, just hate it. Never an anime bore the hell out of me like this one.

-Saint Seiya Omega: decided to give Saint Seiya another chance after a long time (since I enjoyed Lost Canvas better that the original), I was soooooooooo wrong. Shouldn't even bothered (but hey, Yuna is cute, at least)

-Gundam Seed Destiny: worst main character ever and ruined the SEED series forever.

-Gurren Lagan: interesting at first, but soon lost interest. Too flashy characters and nothing to be amazed at all.

-Mahou Sensei Negima: loved the manga, and anime ruined for me. Anyway, Ken, what the hell did you do with MSN!!!??? That ending isn't good enough!!!!

-Ikkitousen: interesting at first, but then again: what the hell is this?? bring back my DVD of Sangokushi!!!! (the original series)

-Koihime Musou: same as Ikkitousen.

-Aria: love the manga, just didn't like the anime.

anyway, I have more, somewhere in my memory, when I can reacall it again, I will make another list!!

I didn't like Evangelion, is just so freaking pointless, it's boring and deppressing, and has a poor main character (and his father is a bastard)

As I was watching that anime my face was just like Rei Ayanami's expression, empty

Naruto: Way too damn long. So over rated. Honestly, it's so drawn out it's ridiculous.

Bleach: So many FILLERS!! Like Naruto, it's drawn out too. No one ever dies. Protagonists, I mean. Not to mention Orihime whines constantly...

One Piece: It just erks me. I read a few chapters in the SJ magazines as well, and the artwork hurts my eyes. I can't distinguish anything.

Trinity Blood: I feel like it's missing something vital. >~>

Naruto: One huge Sasuke-Naruto love fest. Long and boring. Too many deux ex Machina. Ninja's who don't comprehend the meaning of stealth.

Bleach: Does no one know it isn't a good idea to involve civilians in war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。