Answered Translations: Where would one post them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonerPrime

EroGamer Extraordinaire~
Elite Member
Jun 9, 2012
Hello,
A friend of mine works on translating RPG Maker games and I recently convinced him to join AS to release his work here as well[I hope that is okay?] But we are a bit confused on where to appropriatly post such a thing. There is the Anime-Sharing Translation category but not sure if that is the right place to post a translation work that is not related to AS team at all. Could you clarify and give guidance? :)

Regards,
LP

Oh, the AST section is only for AS releases, but what do you have in mind?

If you just want to spread the word then I think it's the Game Talk section. If it's an ero game then the Eroge Corner section should be more appropriate.

If you just want to post download links then it's the Downloads forum.

If you're thinking about hosting it here on AS or having AS announce the release for you then I guess you'll have to wait for Checkmate's reply.

Upvote 0
Well basically, he does full translations for random RPG Maker games. These games are different than what AS is generally famous for. To sum it up, 2D games where there is a lot of dungeon crawling and RPGish elements involved. A prime example would be his recent work: http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE177899.html

Originally he was on another forum that is dedicated to such type games but due to certain hostile circumstances he has started feeling a bit paranoid regarding his long term future over there. That's why I recommended making AS his new home.

All in all, most of the time, he intends to post translation files that will change a game's language from JP to EN. Thus, we are looking for an appropriate category to post under.

Upvote 0
I see. So you basically want to find a place to post your English patch release, right? We have the Eroge Corner but that place is not for sharing files, so I guess your only place is the Hentai Games forum in the download section.

This is just my personal opinion though. If you post your release in the Hentai Games forum it will quickly get lost in the sea of countless eroge threads and no one will know that it even exists. My suggestion is, post your release in the Hentai Games forum and make the announcement in the Eroge Corner forum (and link it to your release). I don't think that's against the rules and more people will notice your work that way.

EDIT: Anyway, if you're going to make the release in the download section, I guess you'll have to provide the full game too.

Upvote 0
Yea, the categories are a lot of grey area and what we are trying to release doesn't really fall anywhere in particular. Thus I am waiting for an admin for proper guidance

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

deckera wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can you re up this ?
deckera wrote on Shine's profile.
can you re up this ?
tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this asmr?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]