Bug Post thumbail not loading probably on Microsoft Edge

sonicstream

May 18, 2022
Good days.

I recently encountered trouble that post thumbnail was not loading probably on Microsoft Edge.

I tried other browser like Firefox and Chrome, both seemed to load post thumbnail probably.

I tried reset Microsoft Edge to default setting but not working.
Anything more that I can do?

スクリーンショット 2023-11-11 091436_画像圧縮.jpg

Tested it myself:
In a normal tab window it worked the first time I tried, the second and third time when I reloaded the site some images wouldnt display in Microsoft Edge. Then I switched to private window in Microsoft Edge and opened the site there , it didnt display any thumbnails at all. Cleared browsing data, now it displayed some thumbnails in private mode after reload.

Seems it doesnt want to load all the thumbnails in Edge for whatever reason.
(the two image links which you posted are being displayed in Edge)

1.PNG

Reactions: sonicstream
Upvote 0
Microsoft intentionally disabled AVIF support in Edge, even though the underlying chromium code still shows that it is supported. As a result, Edge fails to render AVIF files sent by the image server because Microsoft deactivated this feature.

https://caniuse.com/avif

I'll have to figure this out for Edge lul

Upvote 0
Update: I have improved the logic to specifically identify Edge as an anomaly and serve only Webp. However, implementing this fix is quite costly as it requires allocating additional SSD space. Imagine setting aside an entire separate cache of 100GB solely for Edge users. What the heck Microsoft?

Anyhow, see if the problem is resolved for you.

Reactions: sonicstream
Upvote 0
Update: I have improved the logic to specifically identify Edge as an anomaly and serve only Webp. However, implementing this fix is quite costly as it requires allocating additional SSD space. Imagine setting aside an entire separate cache of 100GB solely for Edge users. What the heck Microsoft?

Anyhow, see if the problem is resolved for you.
Now Edge is fixed for me. Thanks.

スクリーンショット 2023-11-11 130825_Fixed.jpg

Below many thanks for helping me testing it out. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Tested it myself:
In a normal tab window it worked the first time I tried, the second and third time when I reloaded the site some images wouldnt display in Microsoft Edge. Then I switched to private window in Microsoft Edge and opened the site there , it didnt display any thumbnails at all. Cleared browsing data, now it displayed some thumbnails in private mode after reload.

Seems it doesnt want to load all the thumbnails in Edge for whatever reason.
(the two image links which you posted are being displayed in Edge)

View attachment 35086

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Started 2 days ago, it was fine before then, but now I'm seeing this thumbnail issue. Browsers used: Chrome, Edge, Opera GX, Firefox, Librewolf.

Reactions: harukiry
Upvote 0
Started 2 days ago, it was fine before then, but now I'm seeing this thumbnail issue. Browsers used: Chrome, Edge, Opera GX, Firefox, Librewolf.

Have you tried changing DNS?
Do other IPs have the same problem?
In this case, you should also check if your Internet connection is not interfered with by your ISP.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I'm guessing you don't have such problem anymore?

Usually if we have that kind of problem, Uploader and Contributor would crash my door and demand fixes at once.

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.