Question Where is the dark mode?

nobis_c

May 25, 2021
My eyeeeees! It burns! Please tell me this site has a dark mode, because I can't find it.

On a related note, I've personally been using the light theme to better understand the concerns some of you have expressed. Honestly, I've found it to be quite manageable. I've even gone as far as measuring its brightness value. Please consider adjusting your monitor's brightness levels, as our light theme's brightness is consistent with common standards and matches the value of the old ASF v1. We've strived to maintain continuity where it matters. Your feedback is always welcome as we work towards improving your experience.

Reactions: nobis_c
Upvote 0
Objectively, Light Mode does indeed meet parameters. but subjectively, it does seem a bit bright to me also, so I'm using Dark Mode.

I'm wondering, would an additional mode, maybe a Light Blue Mode (between Light and Dark) be a possibility?

Upvote 0
Objectively, Light Mode does indeed meet parameters. but subjectively, it does seem a bit bright to me also, so I'm using Dark Mode.

I'm wondering, would an additional mode, maybe a Light Blue Mode (between Light and Dark) be a possibility?
Understanding your suggestion for a middle-ground, perhaps a 'Light Blue Mode,' let me clarify the complexity involved in this process.

Creating both Light and Dark modes requires careful balance. Each element used on the forum should have a color tone that is neither too bright nor too dark. This balancing act is crucial to ensure legibility in both themes.

Should achieving this balance prove impossible, we would need to create custom profiles for both themes. Managing these separate profiles requires considerable effort due to their different color combinations and, at times, different design elements altogether.

It's important to remember that contrast is what makes one theme feel brighter than the other. Naturally, when comparing light against dark, the light theme will seem much brighter. Take the moon as an example. Against the dark backdrop of space, the moon appears to shine brightly, but it is, in actuality, a dark grey blob.

If you're skeptical of this effect, try using Discord's light theme and compare it to the dark one. The light theme might feel overwhelmingly bright, but it's the contrast between the two that causes this perception.

We remain committed to enhancing your user experience, and your feedback is always valued as we continue to improve our platform.

Reactions: nobis_c
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this asmr?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls