Edit: Removed video.

And please refrain from the meaningless posts from above.
This is for anime discussion, bring your spams to the spam boards.

Last edited:
Hmm looks like Kawahara-sensei will start a new series of SAO called Sword Art Online: Progressive starting early fall this year.
It's tells more detail about Aincrad chapter.. like how kirito got Elucidator

Last edited:
What's the chance of them doing animation for the 4koma? Like an extra for BD/DVD.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/112620/sword-art-online-4-koma_ch3_by_riceballicious/7

read the manga, starting this weekend starting on the anime.

also does anybody have the link for the LN in english?

just watched the first episode. It got my eyes right away. looking forward to the next episodes.

Yes :3

~~~~

that like over 2000 people had died cause of the game. did not see that comming

Very interesting anime. As I have already read in Mangarush (http://www.mangarush.com/), I knew that kind of Sword Online is a brilliant anime'd be. But when I got the same feeling as good hack / / Quantum ...

iIoTzXpcXhs2y.gif

i hope the anime wont goes stray off like some other LN based anime... so far the 1st episode is good and still in LN trackline! let's hope it continues!

i hope the anime wont goes stray off like some other LN based anime... so far the 1st episode is good and still in LN trackline! let's hope it continues!

I agree

btw funny tag under your avatar, how did you manage to get that :p

One last reminder:

THIS IS AN ANIME DISCUSSION THREAD, NOT A SPAM THREAD.

YOU TALK ABOUT THE ANIME AND THE SERIES HERE.

IF YOU WANT TO GET POST COUNTS OR PRIVATE CONVERSATION, GO SPAM ELSEWHERE.

[MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION], great to see you're alive. They are adding some extra stuff here and there, with Kawahara Reki-sensei joining behind the scenes in providing some extra information like the town names, monsters and weapons in the earlier floors which wasnt covered in the novels. Chapter 5 of Vol 1 should start around episode 3-4.

Last edited:
Belated episode 1 post:

Been long since I picked up the novel and read. Been long since the anime news. Been long since I wanted to see the series animated and moving before my eyes. As a fan, and every other fan worldwide, its here.

Watching episode 1 completely overwhelmed me with emotions I never thought I would go through again. It surpassed that grand eerie and isolated feel when the news of a death game was announced in the novel. Watching faces change and that BGM was indeed a class different. The wave of emotions was so well done, I was freaking glued to my screen.

Its a small step to the beginning in the series. Kirito's resolve, his regrets and everything else.

Extremely late in posting. But this episode has been perfect in every sense to me. Any further will result in waves of spoilers and fanboying posts. Will do episode 2 shortly.

Oh yes, I LOVE YOU LiSA. Thank you so much for awesome song.

As planned, this week showed an extra chapter which did not appear in the novels. The events from 1 month later, the first boss, and first of many things to come.

Dear Asuna, welcome~ So they met at floor 1? Not what I remembered from novels when Asuna explained.
Asuna started falling in love with Kirito when he invited her to take rest/afternoon nap when she spotted him under a tree slacking. She was so awed by this boy who was actually 'living' in this death game. So it was always my idea their first meeting was that, given Asuna's popularity in SAO later.
So Asuna does start with rapier, while partying with a beater in Kirito, who is a drifted party/alliance member in the first boss fight.

Other characters showed, Egil, who will have a support later in the upper floors, and that Kibaou. Lets just say he aint a good guy.

Once again, emotions overwhelming me in the fight after the blue haired beater died, with the BGM and screams from Asuna and Kirito. The fight and long animated slashes were excellent. They didnt take the chance to explain 'Switch' here, although it was mentioned, guess it will come later then.

So with everyone against the beta-testers, Kirito chooses the option to further drift away from everyone and anyone. Didnt expect it would be him to invent the term beater (from beta testers and cheaters), since they were busy power-leveling themselves with pre-acquired knowledge. He got the Coat of Midnight here?!?! Super rare drop? He's using it till so high floors, oh my. Must have been some overpowered coat for low levels to be able to last so long.

Well, it is another long wait till next week. Raindeer... I needa prepare my tissues already.

[MENTION=77]Terumi[/MENTION]:
Kirito didn't coined the term beater. He claimed he's different from all the other beta testers since he went the furthest during beta while others aren't that far from beginner levels.
Then Kibaou says he's a cheater, and the crowd just mix it together to beater.

As for him using the cloak until later, I think he's wearing it as a reminder over what happened to Diabel.
And considering the sort of game SAO is (skill based and mostly reliant on either blocking the hit or dodging it) defense on armors might not make enough of a difference.

Or
It might be that the cloak is really light, thus allowing him to move with little restriction while offering however defense it has.
I recall in the manga Asuna mentioned not using a shield since it'll slow her down or something.

[MENTION=18549]LazyCat[/MENTION]

I read the original novels, the beater term is already present. Mentioned it was a combination of beta-tester and cheater, in the anime and the novels. Anime showed it was him who made the term, a term which he hated and avoided later in the story. Note : this battle is not in the novels, its anime original.

And no, not because shield slows him down. He obviously has something else. That coat has excellent stealth properties because of its black color, which he made full use of to survive as a solo player. He does not need high defence because of his high hp, high strength, high speed (high avoid), and the battle healing skill.

Read the novels before questioning me. :fag:

Last edited:
Not quite as good as the first episode, but for a sophomore slump inconvenienced with minor pacing problems, it was still strong. Pacing problems aside, I really liked the continued world building (the guide book is a nice touch, and I still love the menu system as a plot device), I also like the continued development of Kirito and the introduction of new characters was pretty. The fight scene was also well done (great music, in fact the incidental music is overall quite good. Not going to complain about what is being cut since no attachment to SAO personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.