Princess Britania ~Muse no Houken~(R-18) Proyect Translation

jenyjj

Sep 8, 2023
hobc_0556pl.jpg

I loved this game but it is completely in Japanese and although the textractor works, I would like to translate it because it is a gem of a game
I am a translator but I have no idea about programming to get their dialogues
someone who can guide me? It would be great to make a patch in several languages
My goal is in Spanish and English
these are the files

I don't know what the dialogues are or what programs to use
Imagen1.png
Imagen2.png

1. You will have to find a programmer/hacker who can write a program to decode and then back encode game archives.
Or you will need to port VN to another version of the engine or another engine to get rid of the dependency to encode the game archives.
2. You will also need a programmer/hacker who can rewrite the game engine so that it can support code tables from countries other than Japan.

Seeing the sig files should be immediately clear to you, it indicates the used encryption of game archives.

Reactions: jenyjj
PROJECT UPDATE

I already found a way to extract their dialogues and be able to translate it (almost 200 files)
It is an ambitious project in which I do not know how long it will take me to have the patch ready, whoever wants to help me contact me
984ab6625f7d16b815c542153dc4e991a1f41b5fr1-1366-768v2_hq.jpg

PROJECT UPDATE

I already found a way to extract their dialogues and be able to translate it (almost 200 files)
It is an ambitious project in which I do not know how long it will take me to have the patch ready, whoever wants to help me contact meView attachment 37180

Are you translating the patched version?
The latest version is VN 1.02 (I can share the patch if you don't have it).

• Love
¿Estás traduciendo la versión parcheada?
La última versión es VN 1.02 (puedo compartir el parche si no lo tienes).

I don't have any patch, if you have it I would really appreciate it if you would share it.
I'm starting from 0, I already extracted their dialogues and I know how to compress them, the work is the translation because there is a lot of lore :LOL:

PROGRESS
I have made a pilot patch to see how it goes, but when I put it into the game it does not recognize it, they recommend that I delete the data.xp3 and leave the patch.xp3 but when I delete the data it no longer opens the game and if I leave it together it's still in japanese, help
:alice_dead:

Reactions: M4G1C
Please share your pilot patch? Anything at all in it is fine i.e: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."
Also you don't delete the data.xp3. I can help you to make the patch to work.

Last edited:
Hello, do you have an English patch that you could share? I have this one but it's still in Japaness

guide me please
Hey, we just wanted to give you what you need to get you started, it's not hard to extract and repack. Use GARBRO, I can give you a detailed step-by-step instructions.

But what trouble do you have?

Oye, solo queríamos brindarte lo que necesitas para comenzar; no es difícil extraerlo y reempaquetarlo. Utilice GARBRO, puedo darle instrucciones detalladas paso a paso.

¿Pero qué problema tienes?
Hello, I already did that, the patch is already done, it just doesn't recognize it
In the afternoon they will explain this topic better to me and see where I am failing, I will share the patch with you internally in case it works for you.

Hello, I already did that, the patch is already done, it just doesn't recognize it
In the afternoon they will explain this topic better to me and see where I am failing, I will share the patch with you internally in case it works for you.

Garbro file evimage.xp3 decompresses all files without requiring encryption selection.
then take files from the scenario folder of the data.xp3 file
create file update.xp3, so that there is a scenario folder with the desired translation inside = check if the text replacement happened?
No, then completely unpack the file data.xp3, evimage.xp3, fgimage.xp3, video.xp3, voice.xp3 saving the files from the archives in their folders named respectively data, evimage, fgimage, video, voice.
we replace the necessary files in the scenario folder, then pack all 5 files in xp3 choosing version 2 without encryption and then check the checkbox to keep the folder structure...
move all original files to a separate folder before testing.
Check...

This is the easiest operation because the editor does not require DOS.

• Love
Alright, let's get you started, this is just the basic for text:
You will need GARBRO:

https://github.com/morkt/GARbro/releases/tag/v1.5.44

Download either the setup or the portable version. Run it

Locate the game folder, and with the patch applied, you have extract 2 files into 2 folders, patch2.xp3 and data.xp3. I suggest:

game folder/data/
game folder/patch2/

Just for text (scenario files), pay attention:
in data folder, where you have extracted, copy all files out of scenario folder

1702497138567.png

copy it to somewhere, like /working/
also copy all files from /replay/ folder to /working/

Now your /working/ will have all files you need to translate, but you need the patched files

Now go to /patch2/ (that you extracted from patch2.xp3)

Copy all files inside /patch2/ into /working/

Now, your working directory have all updated files from patch2.

Start translating, I suggest you test it first with A01.ks, open it with notepad, try a few lines:

1702497511699.png

Open Garbro, this time select all files from /working/ directory, please don't select the folder, but the files:

1702497577245.png

Select create archive, name it, patch2.xp3, save it somewhere.

Now delete patch2.xp3 and patch2.sig in the game folder, replace it with your patch2.xp3

Try the game, you will the translated line:

1702497617457.png

Congratulations, but you're not done yet:

You need to also translate the interface, the options, etc, this requires knowing some photo editting skills such as gimp or photoshop.

I haven't played the game (I don't play otome game anyway lol) to know which graphics (event cg for example) that need translation but pretty much safe to say, the option graphics need to be translated.

You do it exactly like how you make patch for text: locate those graphic files in data, copy it into your working directory, translate them, and then pack them bundle all together into patch2.xp3

Do not put the files into any directory, just keep the file name the same as the original, the game engine will automatically use the new files in patch2.xp3.

And please pay attention to the updated file in patch2 folder that you extract, always use the files from patch2 folder first because that's from the 1.02 updated.

If you are determined to get this done, please don't hesitate to ask for more tips, such as utilizing translation-assisted tools.

It’s the first time for me to see a woman like you taking on such a monumental challenge.

Here's my patch2.xp3, I translate a few lines above, but I only do this for the first files.

Attachments

• patch2.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
  • Love
Si está decidido a lograrlo, no dude en solicitar más consejos, como utilizar herramientas asistidas por traducción.

Es la primera vez que veo a una mujer como usted asumiendo un desafío tan monumental.

Aquí está mi patch2.xp3, traduje algunas líneas arriba, pero solo hago esto para los primeros archivos.

thank you so much! I liked the game so much that I wanted to translate it without knowing what I was getting into XD
But hey, I will follow your advice and I will surely ask for more when I have to use GIMP for the menus and other aesthetic things in the game

:akazukin_gj:

@jenyjj:
I'm sorry because it isn't really involve the topic. But do you still hold the save game of Princess Britania?
If you still keep it, can you share with me? Thank you very much. - -'

@jenyjj:
I'm sorry because it isn't really involve the topic. But do you still hold the save game of Princess Britania?
If you still keep it, can you share with me? Thank you very much. - -'

Why save when there's a detailed walkthrough ^^.

Reactions: Lancelot
Are you still working on this? Have you made any progress? Also: here is a partial translation for the UI to English:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/txlr...en%7E_ENG_UI_patch.partial.2023Dec30.zip/file

This only translates the game engine strings to English. The other half of the UI, the various pictures including the configuration screen, are not translated at all, so I included some Yandrex translations as bandaid.png files.

I can do a Spanish one if requested but only as MTL Spanish, so it would turn out better if you did it yourself. The Translator++ files that were used to translate the UI are also included in the .zip, which should make it simpler to translate the UI to another language, like Spanish, since all of the files that need to be updated are marked in green.

The project file would work well for translating the UI to Spanish, but not for dialogue due to formatting issues. I would need to update the parser for this game or write a custom one, both of which sound interesting to do.

• Love
Are you still working on this? Have you made any progress? Also: here is a partial translation for the UI to English:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/txlr8cq785airq7/Princess_Britania_%7EMuse_no_Houken%7E_ENG_UI_patch.partial.2023Dec30.zip/file

This only translates the game engine strings to English. The other half of the UI, the various pictures including the configuration screen, are not translated at all, so I included some Yandrex translations as bandaid.png files.

I can do a Spanish one if requested but only as MTL Spanish, so it would turn out better if you did it yourself. The Translator++ files that were used to translate the UI are also included in the .zip, which should make it simpler to translate the UI to another language, like Spanish, since all of the files that need to be updated are marked in green.

The project file would work well for translating the UI to Spanish, but not for dialogue due to formatting issues. I would need to update the parser for this game or write a custom one, both of which sound interesting to do.
Hello!
thank you very much for your help and guidance
I already downloaded the file you sent me and it helps me a lot
The menu is incredible, I would like to know what it was edited with to make the main one (if you know about this or a tutorial I would greatly appreciate it)
I would also like to subtitle the opening but I have not found any tool that recognizes the lyrics

What lyrics? The opening? Are you talking about the video files that play with audio and you wanted to add subtitles for it?

That is subtitling and a genuinely difficult problem to automate. Doing it manually can be done with Aegisub and is what I would recommend. Then just hardcode the .ass subtitles with ffmpeg/Handbrake while encoding the video files in a format the game recognizes.

For the program to translate the UI, I used Translator++ 4.3B. Read the HowToInstall.txt for more information and how to import the project with the included project files. But basically:
  1. Extract the included IgnoreMe\archive.7z with 7zip/WinRar.
  2. Update the cache path in the .trans file to point to the correct cache folder.
  3. Open the trans file with Translator++.
  4. Modify only the files in green, and only the entries in the right-most column that have translations.
    • Do not modify the "Config.tjs" file.
  5. Export from Translator++, either each individual file or all files.
  6. Use Garbro to repackage only the files that were already included in the included patch2.xp3 file (marked in green in Translator++).
    • Use the "Config.tjs" that was included in patch2.xp3, not the version exported by Translator++.
    • For final distribution, I would recommend using the same structure that patch2.xp3 uses and redoing it completely.
    • For testing, if always loading patch2.xp3, then name the exported file as patch3.xp3 just to test if the changes are working or not. patch3.xp3 will not load if there is no patch2.xp3.
    • Any files present in patch.xp3 will be replaced by files in patch2.xp3, so patch3.xp3 is the first patch name to guarantee that kirkiri will load any changes made.
Edit:
With regards to the opening theme song, according to [redacted] (native JPN speaker), there is no JPN at all in it. [redacted2], who also knows Japanese, concurred. They did not want credit, so I redacted their screen names.

Here is the raw work that went into the attempted transcription: https://pastebin.com/6wuvS4yE

The following Lyrics are not authoritative since they did not come from the artist or the studio. If someone wants to contact either and ask them, feel free. Same with submitting corrections.

Princess Britania ~ミューズの宝剣~
Opening/OP: "Believe or Deceive" by 由潮 (Yushio) Lyrics (in broken English)
Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/33yzrgg76bo55/OP
YT:

Running through dry ice for fading love[???]
A sinful present, be fully aware.
Even you on fire, and I am all yours.
It still burning hotly with that in my chest.

Give such a reason, was given to me.
A sinful answer that never had've.
Never fuss upon us. Let's see it to done.
Shall be preparing to wither in my heart?

Your Highness...?

Running through dry ice for fading love[???]
A sinful present, be fully aware.
Even you are fire, and I am the world.
I stay with the hardy you.

We banish, torn apart for what ever we've done?
My Lady, My Beloved, devote this sword to you.
My Deary, don't back down all alone.

What do you see through high hands in your mind?
I'm pleased to be the head of the jail of endless sky.
Live forever!

Now, this hidden heavenly den pretty sure any more... Oh.
Kill the hidden angel burning on your wing.
Live forever!

Oh, I give a warmth to you not yours, and it wavers.
You can believe or deceive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25