State of HF

i've been a member of HF for more than 8 years... i trying to post a reply there telling Hong that the website is still too slow.. :( and sometime can't connect to it.

It's sad that it is as bad as it is, but I'm sure that Hong is doing what he can! :)

He does! A little good news. Posted this earlier...

Just got back. Hong is alive and working. A new thread here to gives feed backs and get news. I'm here to stay, but I'm glad things seems to get better...

He does! A little good news. Posted this earlier...

Just got back. Hong is alive and working. A new thread here to gives feed backs and get news. I'm here to stay, but I'm glad things seems to get better...

im trying to reply to that thread specifically, is a bit better than before, but still give long loading times, and sometime unable to connect

Well let's be honest, until Hongfire either finds time for a real time intensive performance and bottleneck analyses or even willing to upgrade hosting to use some kind of new hosting strategy (like splitting static from dynamic content, using a content delivery network, a hardware firewall or something like that) I am not sure if we will ever see significant improvements. Upgrading RAM and SSD for MySQL both lasted only few days until bad performance kicked in again. Though I must say that AS's CloudFlare isn't performance exactly optimal, either, but at least it's a lot better, especially considering it's serving more than 10 times the online users and maybe even 20 times the page loads (since a site that loads faster will obviously get more requests per users during the same time frame). I can't compare the original hardware AS is hosted on with HF, but the result difference is significant. Still HF excels in forums structure, especially for mod releases.

Reactions: espiekerella
I can't compare the original hardware AS is hosted on with HF, but the result difference is significant. Still HF excels in forums structure, especially for mod releases.
It is not unlikely that we can get a similar structure for mod releases here at AS if the HF performance issues persist. I actually think it was Checkmate that suggested that it should be a separate forum with releases instead of a mod release thread and we used his idea on HF. :goodtea:

Thanks, corocoro! Well, I'm semi retired because of job change and subsequent changes in priorities, so it's not my call. Better that the other club leaders decide. :)

Last edited:
Imho this place won't be any good for mod releases until all the mod requests are somehow put behind a wall.
It was nonsensical to be forced to navigate an specific 10+ pages thread searching for mods, while the requests were just there, floating in the main subforum in the same category as the mod release thread itself.

It should be quite the opposite. I have nothing against people asking for things but in the end what people wants are actual mods, as easy to find as possible. Also, a developer won't be particularly interested in releasing a mod that might have been a lot of work, just to watch it be buried behind a pile of "I want an humungous flying cock please".

Imho this place won't be any good for mod releases until all the mod requests are somehow put behind a wall.
It was nonsensical to be forced to navigate an specific 10+ pages thread searching for mods, while the requests were just there, floating in the main subforum in the same category as the mod release thread itself.

It should be quite the opposite. I have nothing against people asking for things but in the end what people wants are actual mods, as easy to find as possible. Also, a developer won't be particularly interested in releasing a mod that might have been a lot of work, just to watch it be buried behind a pile of "I want an humungous flying cock please".

This is what I'm doing tonight : the opposite of what was done until now. This is what has been decided after that "HS mods : Shall we merge requests and split releases ?" poll.

Have a look at the new Requests and Releases - Honey Select Mods.

There's now only one single thread for all requests (and I'm going to organise it). And I will be slowly splitting all the releases from the "release thread" into their own thread, so each mod can have its own thread on this new dedicated forum.

Just like on HF.

Seems it's open for business again.
Let's hope it wasn't anything major!

edit: offline again :@

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaKameha
You celebrated too early. It was up a few hours ago (haven't seen any rollback), but it's back to a blank page with a 500 HTTP status code for me now.

Place is already done for right after the change...though its status as mod repository never seem to change...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.
deckera wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can you re up this ?
deckera wrote on Shine's profile.
can you re up this ?
tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]