Anime Sharing - Netorare General Discussion Thread

A few points to address
1. I'm talking about translation prowess. I don't know why you brought up programming. But to your point. It isn't some mystical and magical thing. People have done it in the past, and they can do it currently, especially now with the easier tools we have
2. 99.9% of fan-translators that have Pateron are MTL'ing shitlords
3. If you're fluent in Jap and use GPT you just lose all credibility going forward as far as I'm concerned. (to this point. There are doujin groups that used to be great but currently MTL. Most likely because all the old guard left and they are riding on name's coattails).
4. I haven't played any officially tl'd Kagura games I think? So I can't comment on them.

This might read a bit aggressive. Not my intention, I'm just passionate.:giggle:
What do you mean, why? You said that "people fluent in both languages are gone". I pointed out that they just have better things to do than learning programming, and doing translations for free. And what do you mean "losing credibility", have you played any GPT -4 games, and how good is your Japanese? Because as someone who's actively learning it, I can guarantee that it's more than 95% accurate, and the rest is easily edited. Moreover, GPT by default has "better writing" than most authors, so its translations just sound better. There was actually a study that proved that people prefer text made by GPT compared to human-made texts. If a translator uses GPT, and not only does it increase the speed of their translation, but also how well-written it is and without any drop in quality then IDK how exactly is this going to make them lose any credibility, lol. It seems to me that you don't realize the difference between Google Translate and GPT-4, they are in different leagues. But not many people use GPT because it costs money. MTLs are the future, and that's a good thing. We are already getting way more translations than ever, this is especially true for RPGM NTR games.

I'm wondering if anyone here has figured out how to hook RJ01166483
Update: Mtool works. I guess I'll have to use the log tab if I want to continue to see the original Japanese lines though.

Last edited:
This is Marriage Blue from LUNETB. There is not text showing except some broken English character, whats wrong with this? i do have the local set on japan
1713800004073.png

This is Marriage Blue from LUNETB. There is not text showing except some broken English character, whats wrong with this? i do have the local set on japanView attachment 44361
Just to confirm, did you set yours windows language to Japanese? For example, is EVERYTHING in Japanese? zero English anywhere in windows? Wanna say its one of those games where you have to go all in on the language setting.

Reactions: stupid_army
What do you mean, why? You said that "people fluent in both languages are gone". I pointed out that they just have better things to do than learning programming, and doing translations for free. And what do you mean "losing credibility", have you played any GPT -4 games, and how good is your Japanese? Because as someone who's actively learning it, I can guarantee that it's more than 95% accurate, and the rest is easily edited. Moreover, GPT by default has "better writing" than most authors, so its translations just sound better. There was actually a study that proved that people prefer text made by GPT compared to human-made texts. If a translator uses GPT, and not only does it increase the speed of their translation, but also how well-written it is and without any drop in quality then IDK how exactly is this going to make them lose any credibility, lol. It seems to me that you don't realize the difference between Google Translate and GPT-4, they are in different leagues. But not many people use GPT because it costs money. MTLs are the future, and that's a good thing. We are already getting way more translations than ever, this is especially true for RPGM NTR games.
If you think GPT-4 is that that amazing, good for you, we disagree here, I don't find it as accurate or as impressive as you do. As for the rest of this. If you don't have or care about standards that is your prerogative. Trying to gaslight that actual great translators using translators tools doesn't make them lose credibility won't work on me. Neither is trying to tell me that MTL's are a good thing. This kind behavior and non-gatekeeping is what is a pernicious virus that will eventually erode hobbies to a husk. We disagree and that's fine.

Reactions: MerrilMan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25