[Psy] Cyberbullying

Dealing with cyberbullying is actually more difficult than it sounds~ take this for example:
there's a 14 year old person who has a deviantart and facebook account~ :goodtea:
she'll share things with her friends, and likes meeting new people that have similar interests, since her real-life friends aren't really into art.
After a few weeks of having a good time, there's a person that acts like a friend to her, but later overly criticizes her art.
A while later, her online friends agree and start saying the same thing. This makes her very upset/depressed and she feels like quitting art. She liked deviantart for what it does for her, but she can't stand the people there. Reporting them doesn't work, since the administration doesn't see the comments as harmful.
She doesn't want to cry about it on facebook, and she doesn't want to worry her real-life friends.
Rather than completely giving up, she takes time away from deviantart and starts to feel a little better. but now, she's afraid to return because she knows that there will be mean comments waiting.

What should this girl do? :goodtea:

keep in mind that this is only a simple case. Real ones are much worse. While most people don't see the words as bullying, she certainly feels that way. Does that mean the commenters are still right even though she had told them how their words make her feel?

btw, the thing about girls being overly emotional isn't exactly true~ which I'll make another thread to explain why.
the idea is that it's mostly personality and mindset.

Dealing with cyberbullying is actually more difficult than it sounds~ take this for example:
there's a 14 year old person who has a deviantart and facebook account~ :goodtea:
she'll share things with her friends, and likes meeting new people that have similar interests, since her real-life friends aren't really into art.
After a few weeks of having a good time, there's a person that acts like a friend to her, but later overly criticizes her art.
A while later, her online friends agree and start saying the same thing. This makes her very upset/depressed and she feels like quitting art. She liked deviantart for what it does for her, but she can't stand the people there. Reporting them doesn't work, since the administration doesn't see the comments as harmful.
She doesn't want to cry about it on facebook, and she doesn't want to worry her real-life friends.
Rather than completely giving up, she takes time away from deviantart and starts to feel a little better. but now, she's afraid to return because she knows that there will be mean comments waiting.

What should this girl do? :goodtea:

keep in mind that this is only a simple case. Real ones are much worse. While most people don't see the words as bullying, she certainly feels that way. Does that mean the commenters are still right even though she had told them how their words make her feel?

btw, the thing about girls being overly emotional isn't exactly true~ which I'll make another thread to explain why.
the idea is that it's mostly personality and mindset.

Well this is really case to case. U can't really say one thing that will help everyvone. U gave that example. That's a life test. Many many of the artists got laughed at and saying they suck just so they could arrise so high than all those people. It's all in the head. If she is strong enough she will continue doing that art just to prove those people off. That's not cyberbyllying that is just people not liking her work and she neeeded to be ready for that too... It's even better if they tell u they dont like u as it may result in you working harder to get better results.

So that is not cyberbullying its normal thing. It doesnt appear only on the internet its everywhere.

U can't blame it on them. They are the way they are: smart or ignorant its just the way people are and u cant blame that.

Last edited:
Hmm... its difficult to make others change... maybe make a new account and abandon the old one? :x

Cyber bullying and real bullying arent too different... its all up to those who are higher up to deal with the problems and how they do so... can vary...

The comments... i havent seen them myself but were they really that harsh? Constructive comments can sound quite harsh at times...

Cyberbullying is that easiest kind of bullying from my perspective it can simple be avoided by Ignoring it.To be honest,I have never had any sort of bullying in my life,at school or on the internet.

Ive been bullies before... at school... various times... some of it could probably be passed off as me being sensitive to comments... the other time... well lets just say i have low self esteem and im a really quiet person... :x Didnt fight back until later... and when i did... it was actually classmates who had seen and told the bullies to stop... as for online... well all connections are weaker since its online... somewhat easier to avoid but bullies are ... not very nice people nonetheless...

I think it's easier to avoid bullies in cyber world than irl

It's a little difficult to understand the case I've made (which really is watered down..) since I've not yet explained a bit about emotions. What hurts one person might not hurt another. Because of that, people who don't know the difference will treat people a certain way. People who haven't been told the difference won't be able to figure out why something bothers another, or why it doesn't. Also, the same problem can't be solved in the same way most of the time. For some, ignoring could work, but there's a little more to it than that. A person sensitive to words really doesn't have many exceptions. If the person is encouraged by praise, what's the opposite of that? It's not simply criticism, it's why or how. Even if the person gets several good comments and a few bad ones, it's still hard to ignore either. The person likes getting comments and wants to read them to continue being inspired.
Nowww as far as being strong, keep in mind that not everyone can or wants be that way. I know I can be a little strong, but should I really just hold everything back and pretend like I'm okay all the time? There's something much deeper here..
You've heard of girls that would verbally attack someone right? Even if non of that is true or applies to that person, is it really easy to ignore? They indirectly call you things that only you would understand.

sooo anyway x_x

Hmm... those others used to be friends right? or acted so... Its kind of hard to understand the situation behind it all atm... :/

Pushes and pulls... the two things that motivates people to act... i do wonder what bullies get out of that...

But is that really all that valuable... mehs... i suppose i can understand the need to feel superior but my interest in superiority dies shortly after it is achieved xD Like how i got past coro... but unlike bullies i achieve it through hard work...

Mehs... some people enjoy superiority too much =.= Theyre also the first to get hurt if the bullied snaps~

So the victims get hurt cuz of superiority to the bully or it the opposite where the bully get hurt when the victims snap....

UrgpZ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Shhlime wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Could you reupload this relatively vintage game on Mexa? Would appreciate greatly.
27292936 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload RJ01095149?
Thanks in advance.
yagonazumi wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, can you please re-upload this with the bonus version? The creator has updated the bonus of about 200MB.
[RJ296520]
All links are dead. sadge
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Please upload this urgently
CUSTOM OREDER MAID 3D2&2.5 GP-03