[Psy] Gender stuff~

i live in america wisconsin in fact we get pride day here lol

me being asian is a curse >.> nothing more butthurt then the asian "you need to be doctor or give me 20+ grand kids" stereotype >.>

20+ grand kids. :lol: now THAT's a curse. You mean being chinese right? Japan's stereotype is asian level abilities.

lol yes being chinese i also get the japanse stereotype some of my studies are in fact asian level

my people are the only asians not generally thought to be asians. :lmao: because we look more like hispanics so we are not affected by the former stereotype but by the latter.

in wisconsin yes they have pride fest an all gay i guess holiday their lol

Hmm i wonder if theres a stereotype thread... shouldnt get too off topic here ;p

Holiday O.o Well... Hmm i guess its somewhat of a holiday here too? Not quite sure how the festival works...

it is possible, therefore the danger exists. the case not happening as of yet only implies that the chances of it happening is very slim or rather no documented case has ever come to light.

that doesn't apply to gamers, most gamers are exposed to games that stimulate the production of male hormones, specifically violence, action, etc. It's not a matter of health but activity preference, for example, a frail boy growing up will tend to have less masculine features i.e. a less prominent adam's apple or narrow shoulders. this is due to a lack of strenuous activity, a strenuous activity being one of which primarily affects the amount of hormones produced. by strenuous i mean any activity that requires more energy from the body than what is regularly consumed. I specifically used sewing as an example to imply that more estrogen is produced through activities that have a degree of sensitivity to it. Dancing for example is an activity in which hormone levels vary on the choreography.

embarrassing not from the patient but for the scientists. there would be no clear objective for a research involving the synchronization of menstrual periods would it? the best thing they would find out would be why it happens and how it happens. as to what it can do to improve on science is above me.

If there's any truth to this, there would be scholar sources about it. If not, none of this is true and does not exist.

a frail boy growing up will tend to have less masculine features i.e. a less prominent adam's apple or narrow shoulders.
This is Genetic related more than hormone related.
http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1988/5/88.05.05.x.html#b
All hormones regulate one or more chemical reactions in the body, but they seem to work in many different ways. Hormonal activity must remain in delicate balance or the entire body will be thrown out of balance.

https://www.healthtap.com/#topics/how-many-hormones-do-we-have
Yes We all make male and female hormones. How they manifest depends on genetics ( Y chromosome ) and the balance between the two.

A lack of estrogen in men is usually due to age and the environment. Different activities does not act as a on/off switch for more estrogen.
http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/drcrandall/Excess_Estrogen_Men/2011/04/27/386523.html
Believe it or not, estrogen balance is not just an issue for women. Men are affected, too. Men do produce a small amount of the hormone, which helps to balance testosterone. But some men end up with too much estrogen.

With aging, men naturally develop lower levels of testosterone and higher levels of estrogen. This imbalance can get even worse if a man is carrying excess belly fat because fat cells produce an enzyme that converts testosterone into estrogen, upsetting hormonal balance.
http://roadtofreedom.us/2011/01/can-the-male-body-have-too-much-estrogen/

Can the male body have too much estrogen? Yes! You see, right inside your fat cells, lives an enzyme called aromatase. The main duty of this substance is to take the testosterone that is in your blood stream and turn it into estrogen. When a male begins to put on weight in all the incorrect places, suffers from prostate enlargement, has mood swings, experiences testicle shrinkage, loses his sex drive, and develops breasts…There is a problem!

the chances of it happening is very slim or rather no documented case has ever come to light.
Research would show up whether or not something is proven. People with this problem often are castrated so that they will be less likely to have a gender identity problem. There is nothing in science that is considered embarrassing to study unless they themselves exclusively say so. People have studied the health of men and women for years now to provide better care for them. If they were afraid to study something because it was embarrassing, we'd not have information about ovaries, periods or testes.

An activity that uses muscles does not favor one or the other type of gender hormone. A guy sewing does not mean he'll produce more estrogen. I know a man who dances in fine arts and teaches girls. He's small and thin, but tall. From him moving around alot, you'd think he'd get big muscles or appear more masculine right? Nope, he has fair white skin like a girl and weighs less than me. However, he looks nothing like a girl. The girls would be about the same as well.

Soccer does not mean a girl will get a very deep voice, grow facial hair, or become super strong. Their hormones can influence their interests of course. Women who like sports usually have more genetic related reasons more than hormonal. There's girls with XXY instead of XY which makes them appear more masculine.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/askalocaldoctor/2012/06/do-estrogens-make-men-more-manly/
Let’s review physiology. In women, about 95% of estradiol comes from the ovaries. In men, the majority of estrogen comes from aromatization (converting in the fat cells between estrogens and androgens); however, about 20% comes from the testes. Other minor pathways occur as well.

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/men/estrogen-not-just-for-females-1
http://www.canaryclub.org/component...ance-can-mean-life-or-death-to-again-men.html

I've not seen one article that suggests men or women make a too much of a hormone based on an activity.
An imbalance of hormones negatively effects people. People would be suffering alot if hormones were made based on activity. There's also different kinds of hormones for the body such as growth.
http://www.endocrinesurgeon.co.uk/index.php/what-types-of-hormones-are-there

New Topic~

There's been some studies that show the preferences of possible mates for either gender. In their findings, men prefer younger and shorter girls, while girls prefer taller and older men.

What is your thoughts on this, and why do you think that some people would be different? (ex: woman being older than the man, but they're married.)
Would you rather be taller, shorter, or the same? What's your physical preferences for a partner?

Hmm walls of text appear wherever ushio posts ;p

The preferences might be somewhat related to... evolution (according to whatever psyc class i took ;p)? Females look for males who have more potential so they he could take care of their child and males look for younger females because theyre more likely to be able to bear a child successfully~

Hmm walls of text appear wherever ushio posts ;p

The preferences might be somewhat related to... evolution (according to whatever psyc class i took ;p)? Females look for males who have more potential so they he could take care of their child and males look for younger females because theyre more likely to be able to bear a child successfully~

physically they would have chose stronger women though. Not sure about height. That seems to be a modern trend :)) For the age, I agree to that plus theres women maturing faster.

Last edited:
as for other people choosing that way... it could be........ TRUE LOVE? XD sound cheesy that way. It could be based on attitude and what both of them are looking for. A younger guy might look of an older relationship partner for the maturity and motherly feeling.

As for my personal preference... well honestly the ones I've encountered and gotten close with would be shorter than me. But I think it wouldn't matter much for me. as for age... hmmm younger or same age... like having a younger sister feels nice. hahaha

Females look for males who have more potential so they he could take care of their child
and males look for younger females because theyre more likely to be able to bear a child successfully~

part true and part not~
Girls don't really look for big muscled men. They care much more about who the person is on the inside, or how they make the girl feel. Girls tend to look at the heart more than the appearance. Even if they say someone's hot, it doesn't mean they'd fall in love with them. There's a stereotype that girls go after strong guys, and guys go after really attractive girls. Can you think of a "beautiful" woman, but she reeks like a fish inside her heart? Most guys would avoid girls like that.

I don't think guys think of making children when looking for girls. It's probably more like their maturity is similar (girls mature faster than guys) or the weakness appeal.

The interesting thing about the weakness appeal is that it draws either arrogant or empathetic guys. Basically, the girl either can't or just pretends she can't do something because a lack of strength/ability. A guy would take that opportunity to help and feel good about it.

---

actually, it's been said that guys marry girls that are like their mothers.
girls marry guys like their fathers.

one thing we subconsciously look for as well is a person that can give us a future (not in a materialistic sense)

people did look for partners while thinking of survival. that would be before humanity reached a large population. now choosing a partner seems to have complicated

Hmm yes i heard something like that too~ The child would find someone similar to their parent usually... What i see in the people around me is that girls want taller partners though it might just be so they can wear heels or other fancy stuff ;p Im actually not sure what guys look for O.o Ehh i suppose a shorter girl because theres something odd about being with at a girl who is too much taller than them? xD Idk probably just society and stuff :/ Guys are much more about looks than girls... There was this study where an average looking guy walked into a bar and asked 100 girls to... do inappropriate stuff... and they all refused... The they got an average looking girl to do the same with 100 guys and i think there was about 70 yes or so?... Anyhow girls have more to lose from that than a guy... she has to spend 9 months bearing the child and is more likely to be the one taking care of the child... while the guy... well he doesnt have all those problems... Hmm as for whether they guys look for girls who can bear a healthy child... well younger usually means stronger somewhat? And i think the physical parts of a girl that appeal to a guy... Well... they usually do have some relation with whether she would be able to bear a strong child... So whether guys have that in mind or not when they look at girls... well its sort of already there... >///<

Last edited:
a little more about stereotypes, and then i might add something else~

Emmm first of all~ you are all part of this experiment :P It was a random idea that came out of the blue and i just went with it for fun~ I'll be looking at how differently people online treated me based their assumptions, or given information. There were lots of people that participated, and lots that I found elsewhere. Sooo this is to give you an idea of how powerful stereotypes are, and consider if they're important.

:goodtea: It seems like people need a way to understand others by categorizing them. It's almost human nature to need to know a person's gender, and they'll eventually fit them into a stereotype. People will base this on whatever they know about you or the aura you give off. Alot of people here you would never guess which they were unless they said so. Once you're in that box, people tend to treat you a little differently depending on the person. (kinda odd and unfair T~T) Most people will deny that, with the idea of not judging others or wtv~ Some people take the slightest bit of "evidence" and completely believe it. x-x

I've noticed a few ways of how people would treat me based on their assumptions~
If they think I'm a guy: they'd hold back less and not care how their words effect me. They assume things about me based on themselves and their peers. They expect me to know/enjoy certain things that they do. They might especially imagine me in the same situation as them. (reason why they're here :P)

If they think of me as a girl: Definitely they act like I don't understand lots of things, or I'm incapable of something. (especially internet things -.-~) Some try to put me on a higher place as if I'm like a treasure to them x-x. Lots of people seem to hold back, or are a little careful. Some talk to me differently than they would guys.

There were differences based on who the other person is~ sooo some more stuff based on interactions~ :casserole:
---
(me-them)

Girl-girl: They would treat me on their level and seem slightly less defensive when talking to me. We enjoy talking lots and lot and lots and LOTSSS XD They got their assumption from other people, or in the same way others did.

guy-girl: They laugh tons, even if something said wasn't meant to be funny x-x. Very much unlikely to talk deeply about themselves, or expect to not be understood. Even if I talk like i usually do, one hint of something misleading makes them assume. Some are surprised of how sensitive/emotional I am. (*facepalm*) Lots of things vary based on who it is, but it's fun to see the differences :P

guy-guy: people are absolutely inconsiderate like you wouldn't believe. ;_; There's also a strange atmosphere of influence based on the perceived majority of either gender. Most likely because they're assuming you're in the majority XD
This is true regardless of how many people are there. Even if you remain anonymous, their first assumption would be that, unless you strongly hint at which you really are XD (the power of stereotypes~)

girl-guy: Based on a given personality, they might treat me noticeably different. x-x People really REALLLYYY do not think when they talk around me T~T. People would not make this assumption without something to draw from. (way of talking, indirect hints, accounts, etc)

--

Based on increased reinforcement of their assumption, it seems to make people hold back less about the way they act around me, and refuse to believe I'm the opposite. XD

Sooo a few questions for you~
Why do people tend to assume another's gender if it's not given?
Why do people treat others differently based on gender?
What do you think are some gender differences, if any? Why, and is it possible that the opposite would behave that way?

What do you think are some gender differences, if any? Why, and is it possible that the opposite would behave that way?

1. Common nature is to verify someone's gender in order to register a thought pattern and adjust with a pre-programmed behaviour towards the sexes both biological and psychological. It is usually to assure the mind and reduce thought processes by eliminating an apparent question of identity or 'doubt'. But basically it's to align the mind to a specific stereotyping.

2. Roots and upbringing. Human society, despite having far evolved from the time we were merely apes, has not been able to remove the outright difference in treatment between genders. One may say its a genetic imprint that, even in animals exist to this day. It is not that either gender is inferior or superior to the other, but rather just what culture and practice dictates. I for one do not abide this. I treat both genders the same and subject them to the same discourse and criticisms based on their abilities and actions.

3. Aside from physical differences, the only apparent difference between genders would be thought patterns. According to some psychologists, there are clear differences between thought patterns which would be too long to explain.

Hmm so i dont have to say he/she? :/ I know i treat guys and girls differently though i try not to but how they act can also change how i react and in the end they might be treated the same~ But part of it might be because of what i said down there v... its easier for me to talk to girls usually so i become closer friends with them? Depends how you interpret which came first... considering how girls were more likely to befriend me which may have made me this way... guys seem somewhat aloof...

Not sure but i find it easier to talk to girls? Maybe cuz guys have certain interests which i prefer not to bother with... easier to connect with girl and just have a chat... im more clueless when it comes to talking to guys than girls but everyone is different so it takes time to understand anyone... anyhow that allows me to create stronger bonds with girls than guys but it is not impossible that i create a similar bond with a guy...

Hmm if you believe evolution then theres tons of random stuff that has to do with adaptions of the genders... but im skeptical about most stuff so i cant find myself completely leaning one way or another~ It is completely possible that people share traits of the other gender~ To be completely "manly" or "girly" is quite... difficult i would say? It is probably someone who is trying hard to not show any other side because of some self fulfilling prophecy where people called him/her manly/girly and he/she likes that so tries to continue getting that compliment by not showing anything different...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

27292936 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload RJ01095149?
Thanks in advance.
yagonazumi wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, can you please re-upload this with the bonus version? The creator has updated the bonus of about 200MB.
[RJ296520]
All links are dead. sadge
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Please upload this urgently
CUSTOM OREDER MAID 3D2&2.5 GP-03