Nyaa situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Problems with nyaa.se

Let's just say guys: Peace & Cake - nyaa and like sides shouldn't fight each other, because basically we all share the same passion for Japanese culture/masterworks (anime and other stuff), where then place we down the weapons, okay? - It's enough what in the world goes...:goodtea:

Reactions: efudgewayne

hmmmmmmmm ..... ok, so there is some bad blood between you and Nyaa ......... you really really really dont like Nyaa ... and want to do your very best to trash talk them ........... ok, you made your point

out of curiosity I checked out the site you say you own ... AniRena .......................... I was MUCH less than impressed ... you do have a section for music, so since that is something I got a LOT of from Nyaa I checked out your section ........... and was WAY less than impressed

the first torrent file I downloaded gave me an "unknown file type" that was unusable by my computer, let alone by u-torrent ... I promptly deleted that file and did NOT try to download any more torrent files from your site

then I tried doing a search for some groups I know and like ........... Babymetal, you have just one FLAC file showing up ... Nyaa had LOTS of their stuff ......... Perfume, you had no files listed ... Nyaa had some ............... Sphere, you had none listed ... Nyaa had LOTS, I got all 4 of their albums from Nyaa and some music vids done by them, also from Nyaa

so while I understand that you dont like Nyaa .............. if you are going to trash talk them ... and I assume, proudly proclaim yourself as the owner of a torrent sharing site ............... you first might want to make sure that YOUR site IS in fact better than the site you are trash talking about :whistle:

I have my reasons to be pissed on Nyaa, as I stated, he did it recently too.
AniRena copied stuff over from the TorrentBits source code (which BakaBT still is using) how I setted up my tracker, since AniRena (before it was called AniRena in 2006, it was called Shockerz.net since 2003) is older then Scarywater, which started exctly 2 months after.
Nyaa came to existence 6 months after Scarywater, so please, keep it to facts thanks :)

Also, some of the very old torrents might indeed be corrupted, I fixed a lot overtime I worked on AniRena, some torrents need to be deleted or possible recovered and repaired, but yah, a lot can change overtime.
AniRena parses the torrents and handles them respectively.
A new design and new core with a lot more features is being worked on, but after motivational and personal issues (like loosing a family member, really cuts into motivation), I kinda put coding on AniRena in the freezer, until recently.

My tracker had much, much, much more torrents users, until their community DMCA'd with a fake message to OVH, one of my last trackers.
They kind of abused their reasons for killing my server on bittorrent grounds (nothing says in ToS or agreements, but they claim, and they didn't accepted backtalk).
Either way, I had to start from scratch around 2011, before that I was busy with other projects.

As I also said before, just because I have not much music/anime what not, doesn't mean it sucks.
You didn't check the upload features or the browsing options like http://subdesu.anirena.com for example, I do not see that at Nyaa, neither before and after uploading announce URL updating.
That is a serious lack of features IMHO.

And yes, I can trash talk all about it, and if you put good facts in your response, then I would accept it too, sadly, you just point out a couple of things that are besides the point.
The latest torrents work fine, sofar I checked, so I do not know what kind of torrents you downloaded.

Edit:
I want to keep the whole good/bad/etc... stuff behind after this one.
I made my point clear, and I agree with others making awareness of other trackers.
Nyaa is not the only tracker on the net ;)

Edit2:
Sofar what I seen on this forum, it looks a pretty consistent and friendly forum.
Lets keep it that way, and I will behave, not spewing bloody, murder and terror :)

Edit2:
Sofar what I seen on this forum, it looks a pretty consistent and friendly forum.
Lets keep it that way, and I will behave, not spewing bloody, murder and terror :)

Thanks, and it's really recommendable of you - we're a peaceful folk, where then... Be cool...:goodtea:

Thanks, and it's really recommendable of you - we're a peaceful folk, where then... Be cool...:goodtea:

Hahaha yah :)
I've been on various forums before, when you open your mounth about something that bothers, people tend to go in complete offensive mode.
I just try to point out facts, and trying to reason with people, but sometime people are just too closed minded :/

Hahaha yah :)
I've been on various forums before, when you open your mounth about something that bothers, people tend to go in complete offensive mode.
I just try to point out facts, and trying to reason with people, but sometime people are just too closed minded :/
Ah, is understandable - but take it easy here, we try always calmy to be...:goodtea:

Yes Nyaa is back up that is very nice news. I am happy for such a nicely run clean and well designed service. It is a credit to the community. I know others have done well too and I appreciate them all as well. Let's work together and share and do what we can to help support the fine anime and manga work we all love. And when we can let's support, purchase and help the fine studios and circles that create this wonderful work, past, present and future.

-----------------

はいNyaaはそれが非常にいいニュースであるのバックアップです。私はそのようにうまく実行され、清潔でよく設計されたサービスのために満足している。それは、コミュニティへの信用である。私は他の人があまりにもよく行っている知っていると私は同様にそれらすべてを感謝しています。ご一緒に作業し、共有し、罰金アニメや漫画の仕事、私たちすべての愛を支援するために私たちができることをしてみましょう。そして、私たちはのサポート、購入をさせて、現在および将来のこの素晴らしい作品は、過去の作成、細かいスタジオや円を助けることができるとき。

yeah ... nice that Nyaa is back up again ... hopefully for more than a couple of days ... that is all they lasted before the second attack took them and others back out again

I had already gotten the anime I was looking for from one of the alternate sites ... so hopefully the attackers will start to realize that their efforts are not doing what they hope they will

added a bit later ... yes Nyaa is back up ... but not all the way yet ... a bunch of their torrent files are giving you "can not display this page" errors when you try to downolad the torrent file ... so it looks like they are still getting things back up and running

added a bit later ... yes Nyaa is back up ... but not all the way yet ... a bunch of their torrent files are giving you "can not display this page" errors when you try to downolad the torrent file ... so it looks like they are still getting things back up and running

This is because the are behind proxy now like AS they have to setup there DNS

I try to upload torrent in Nyaa and i get this :)

I'm a little teapot,
Short and stout,
Here is my handle,
Here is my spout,
When I get all steamed up,
Hear me shout,
Tip me over and pour me out!

I'm a clever teapot,
Yes, it's true,
Here's an example of what I can do,
I can turn my handle into a spout,
Tip me over and pour me out!

Last edited:
Reactions: oilaolenm

This is because the are behind proxy now like AS they have to setup there DNS

I understand ... and it looks like they finished setting it up ... when I went in today the torrent files that would give you error messages yesterday, worked just fine today :)

now ... hopefully they will be able to stay up

hey i know this isnt the same problem as the one with nyaa being down for the time but i thought it would be better than making a thread all for it alone...

so im having trouble with nyaa.se know this may not be the right place but the IRC seems to be a barren wasteland every time i try there so here goes...

im having trouble creating a new account ibe been trying for two weeks now but every time i try to make a new account i get the error 'Signup failed. Please try again later or contact an administrator.'

like i said the IRC is empty and tbh i dont know much about irc's so i left my problem there too hoping maybe someone would come along and see it... but still no luck

any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Nyaa Offline, Possibly for Good?!>!

Not listening to the wikipedia because it's just that, but it seems like the site and it's other domains are all being shutdown. Not sure if there's any truth to it or if it's just down for another reason, but either way it sucks.
I usually went there when I found a new anime I found interesting and wanted to get the whole series or to see the new updates quickly, without going/knowing the sites that the subbers are from.

So what to do now? Where will I go to watch The Seven Deadly Sins Uncensored now?!?!? Since Horriblesubs is a PoC group that I truly don't like, anyone know anywhere else to go? Is here an option!?:(

Reactions: imercenary
Re: Nyaa Offline, Possibly for Good?!>!

I noticed this a couple of days ago.. I've relied on Nyaa for nearly ALL of my anime content (H and non H) for years.. If it is down for good, it's a huge loss..

I first noticed this when I tried doing a torrent search via qBittorrent and got no results from them a couple nights ago, then I got confirmation on Scanlover that this may be a reality.

By far the most reliable, safest way to grab torrents, so this would suck big time! (I use it to look for JAV, though, not anime...)

If it's actually closing it means losing years of content uploads as well as the easiest way i knew to find japanese games and anime. I really hope it's just temporary...

state: deactivated
domain: nyaa.se
holder: nyaase1308-00001
deactivationdate: 2017-05-01
date_to_delete: 2017-06-30
date_to_release: 2017-07-07

very sad thing :(

I hope they ll be resurrected with different domain name.

damn...now where am i supposed to download anime?
horriblesubs is okay for me but their One Piece episodes always got deleted/expired early and non reupload
:akazukin_down:

you and me both T_T
I still hope we can get back nyaa at some point, other similar sites are either very barebones (like toshokan) or just normal torrent sites full of all other kinds of content and not that focused on japanese stuff

T___T
true ! its hard to replace nyaa if it went poof one day.
same goes for my movies/tv series torrent site.
i mainly use kickasstorrent. rip kat :/

It's a shame...
Nyaa was probably the world's largest public anime tracker, especially for old anime...
At the very least horrible subs is still around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

[Request] [RJ01110786]【巨根裏垢Keyくん。】マスクの下が見たい?じゃあ……ここにDMして

RJ01110786_img_main.webp

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, RJ323169 RJ328721 RJ342268 links are dead, could you please reupload these?
I made my signature over 8 years ago...Please don't judge it too harshly.
darkpachon wrote on Esan's profile.
sorry but can you upload again [121130] [STUDIO邪恋] 操心術∞(メビウス) because the links are down