IMPORTANT Otome Reuploading

I don't know if it's helpful to anyone but here's the BBcode to how I do my posts. I think it's pretty simple, so please use it if you'd like. ^^
(You just have to remove the space after the slashes. Ex. [/img] not [/ img])

Code:
[CENTER][img]<put the link to the cover art here>[/ img]

[I]<short synopsis from VNDB>[/ I]

[RIGHT]--[URL="<link to VNDB page>"]VNDB[/ URL][/ RIGHT]

[B]- Cast -[/ B]
<main voice actors and their roles>
[/ CENTER]

[boxinfo]
[B]Original title:[/ B] 
[B]Romaji title:[/ B] 
[B]Developer:[/ B]
[B]Publisher:[/ B]
[B]Release date:[/ B] year-month-day
[B]Language:[/ B]
[B]Platform:[/ B] PC/PSP/PSV etc
[B]Rating:[/ B]
[B]Format:[/ B] RAR/zip/7z etc
[B]File info:[/ B] <unpacked file size>MB/GB (unpacked)
[B]Supplier:[/ B]
[/ boxinfo]
[boxnotice][B]Included tokuten[/ B]
<if there's any you can list them here, if not just delete this part>
[/ boxnotice]
[boxdownload] [COLOR="#F37934"]Please do not repost this anywhere. It is for Anime-Sharing ONLY!![/ COLOR]
[HIDE=1][URL="<download link>"]MEGA/Google Drive etc[/ URL][/ hide][/ boxdownload]
[boxwarning][B]~Password[/ B]
[HIDE=1]<if there's a password you can put it here>[/ hide][/ boxwarning]

[MENTION=84514]miraiki[/MENTION]

Hello everybody, thanks for the hard work! I'd say we have achieved our first main goal which was to catalog as many known otome/BL games in existence as we can. Of course, this will still be ongoing as mirrors get made and new games get released.

The next goal, which is now steadily ongoing as some of you may have noticed, is to create new threads to reupload games that meet one or more of the following criteria:

1. All known official AS threads ("official" meaning a game's own thread, not a request post) and its original poster's links of the game are dead.
  2. The game never had an official AS thread before.
  3. The game is alive but its original poster's links are hosted by DepositFiles or Baidu, both of which are often slow or poor-functioning for many users. Please note that ordinarily, if a thread's original links are alive, creating a new thread is not against the rules but considered unnecessary.

[MENTION=97421]Ayato.diaboliklovers[/MENTION], have you and the rest of the MEGA Reupload Community considered joining forces with our Indexing group? We have very similar goals and would like to help with eventually adding these MEGA links to AS as game threads (as best practice is posting links as game threads), of course, with permission from individual contributors of the links.

Finally, now that we've moved onto reuploading/adding missing games, just a friendly reminder:

1. Please be mindful of the General Download Rules and Restrictions, even if you don't consider yourself an "uploader".
  2. Related to the above, please do not post your links in another's thread without their permission.
  3. miraiki left some quick advice on starting threads, which is beginner friendly. I know some of you have hinted or outright told me you're concerned about starting threads so perhaps this may help you:

4. BUT there is no pressure to make your own thread. If you feel you're not ready, consider sharing your links/mirrors with us and we can eventually post a thread for you. Of course, with your permission and crediting you if you like.

Oh I didn't know DepositFiles link games are to be reuploaded too, I have quite a few games left still then...
It already looks like I floaded the otome section haha... please be patient with me guys. ^^"

I don't know if it's helpful to anyone but here's the BBcode to how I do my posts. I think it's pretty simple, so please use it if you'd like. ^^
(You just have to remove the space after the slashes. Ex. [/img] not [/ img])

Code:
[CENTER][img]<put the link to the cover art here>[/ img]

[I]<short synopsis from VNDB>[/ I]

[RIGHT]--[URL="<link to VNDB page>"]VNDB[/ URL][/ RIGHT]

[B]- Cast -[/ B]
<main voice actors and their roles>
[/ CENTER]

[boxinfo]
[B]Original title:[/ B] 
[B]Romaji title:[/ B] 
[B]Developer:[/ B]
[B]Publisher:[/ B]
[B]Release date:[/ B] year-month-day
[B]Language:[/ B]
[B]Platform:[/ B] PC/PSP/PSV etc
[B]Rating:[/ B]
[B]Format:[/ B] RAR/zip/7z etc
[B]File info:[/ B] <unpacked file size>MB/GB (unpacked)
[B]Supplier:[/ B]
[/ boxinfo]
[boxnotice][B]Included tokuten[/ B]
<if there's any you can list them here, if not just delete this part>
[/ boxnotice]
[boxdownload] [COLOR="#F37934"]Please do not repost this anywhere. It is for Anime-Sharing ONLY!![/ COLOR]
[HIDE=1][URL="<download link>"]MEGA/Google Drive etc[/ URL][/ hide][/ boxdownload]
[boxwarning][B]~Password[/ B]
[HIDE=1]<if there's a password you can put it here>[/ hide][/ boxwarning]

Thanks whiskasgirl, hopefully this will help others. I've been wanting to make a guide about uploading threads as there seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty.

Also, you can use [noparse][/noparse] to show people what codes to use without triggering them in your posts!

e.g. [hl-yellow]Check out my yellow highlighter![/hl-yellow] becomes [hl-yellow]Check out my yellow highlighter![/hl-yellow] by wrapping it in [noparse][/noparse].

Oh I didn't know DepositFiles link games are to be reuploaded too, I have quite a few games left still then...
It already looks like I floaded the otome section haha... please be patient with me guys. ^^"

You don't have to do it all alone or do it at all, it's just one of the eventual goals. No rush at all.
I've mostly finished with the indexing stuff so I'm wanting to move onto uploading at a pace of one or two games a day. You'll burn yourself out if you do dozens and dozens! You're doing amazing stuff but please don't push yourself. There's no time limit, no rush.

Reactions: WistfulWisteria
Also, you can use [noparse][/noparse] to show people what codes to use without triggering them in your posts!

e.g. [hl-yellow]Check out my yellow highlighter![/hl-yellow] becomes [hl-yellow]Check out my yellow highlighter![/hl-yellow] by wrapping it in [noparse][/noparse].

You don't have to do it all alone or do it at all, it's just one of the eventual goals. No rush at all.
I've mostly finished with the indexing stuff so I'm wanting to move onto uploading at a pace of one or two games a day. You'll burn yourself out if you do dozens and dozens! You're doing amazing stuff but please don't push yourself. There's no time limit, no rush.

Thank you, that's super useful to know! :)

Oh no, I don't want to do it all, these are just my mirror links as I said. I wanted to get them all out of the way but then I realized I had a lot more than I thought...
Thanks, I'll take it easy then. ^^

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add like I usually do- miraiki, if you would like to discuss changes, please do. You'll always be the OG of the Spreadsheet/Index! =D

Hi Index team,

Since links were collected before totally being mindful of the rules, I've had a good look over the Rules, Spreadsheet and AS Index to make sure we're compliant with AS rules.

The good news is, we're quite compliant so we shouldn't be impacted dramatically. The check results:

• I'll remove entries that direct users to existing AS threads with others' links without the OP's permission.
  • Request thread AS link column/AS Index entries prior to 2018 are OK to stay as they predate the 2018 Otome Request section rule update.
  • Request links from 2018 or later will stay/go depending on their compliance with the current Otome Request Section Rules.
  • External site links in the Spreadsheet can stay in the Spreadsheet.

I will update the editing Spreadsheet rules soon (edit: of course, if miraiki wants to discuss, we can do that first!)

Aside from certain rules being explicit (and not based on opinions), I'm confident that following them all the same protects the interests of users in the long run; they were made for a reason. To avoid conflicts/issues about link permissions (which resulted in contributors leaving in the past), I think reminding everybody of the "no other links in another's thread without OP's permission" stops an environment where this kind of conflict can happen in the first place. Prevention is better than the cure!

The reuploading effort has dredged up some challenges so I'm very thankful we have quite a few users still on board and doing their best. I hope we can continue to keep the otome section compliant, and respectful of past and current contributors.

Reactions: miraiki
Thank you for adding an artbook section to the spreadsheet [MENTION=172113]MilkyBarKid[/MENTION]!! ^^

Thank you for adding an artbook section to the spreadsheet [MENTION=172113]MilkyBarKid[/MENTION]!! ^^

You're welcome!

For better or worse, it didn't take very long because there weren't a lot of titles to add! x'D

Hello everybody!

• Compliance checks are done! From now on, I will just check things as they need to be done.
  • I've decided to leave non-compliant links for games that don't have proper AS threads yet for now. These will eventually need to become threads but as always, there's no rush as this is a big project that should be both fun and gradual!
  • "Can I join and help the MEGA Reupload Community (MRC)?" Yes! I've talked to the MRC and we've agreed that MEGA links that are not alive AS threads yet are welcome to be posted on there. So if you have MEGA links of otome/BL stuff that don't have alive AS threads and you don't want to make threads, please discuss what you have with the MRC and see what they think.
  • Otherwise, as usual, you can also choose to talk to the Index team.

We can continue our section's goal of creating a big library of alive AS threads that use download links accessible for all users.

Thank you as always! :boys_peace:

Reactions: yumiblee

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.