Thread: IMPORTANT Otome Reuploading

Thanks
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Re: IMPORTANT Otome Reuploading

Quote Originally Posted by Saiph View Post
    I feel so bad for making constant mistakes, @MilkyBarKid; tysm for your patience
    Please don't worry about it too much, you're not the only one plus it's a lot to take in and there are literally hundreds of games. I still make mistakes and I wrote the rules tab lol. It's never going to be perfect but we're all trying and it's pretty close.
    Saiph and NXZTK like this.
    Ignore This Signature
    ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬

~Otome section fans, stay up-to-date! [Updated: June 2020]~
    * Otome and BL Games Index
    * Our Requesting Rules/Guidelines
    * Uploading Made Easy: Our Rules + Templates for quicker uploads

Thanks
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points

@MilkyBarKid; @whiskasgirl; @Saiph; @Ayato.diaboliklovers; @Bleu Moebius;

Thank you everyone for hard work! When it comes to re-uploading things on AS, as @MilkyBarKid; has already stated we're using spreadsheet until proper AS threads get created ^^. It would be impossible to create new threads of all the missing games in just a few days, but as we already gathered many of the missing games, users who don't want to wait until we gather everything can just use our spreadsheet. Most of the links in MIRROR category are personal uploads or things taken from library sites. All in all, if you want to reupload something on AS, please create a new thread instead of posting a mirror link in an already existing thread ^^.

I think that Ayato's Broken Link Community, as useful as it is, is already included in our spreadsheet. And we're going to eventually reupload everything back on AS, so again, if someone wants to do it faster, I'd be extremely grateful for new threads ^^. It's taken weeks to compile the spreadhseet and gather the links, I would never be able to do it alone, so let's be as cautious as possible not to get our work banned ^^.
    If you don't know how to create a thread, please look at my Majestic☆Majolical post, because I think it's very simple ^^. I'm also always using HIDE BB CODE which is
    Code:
    [HI DE] AAA [/HI DE]
    of course without spaces ^^.

When it comes to 特典, I'm sorry but I don't really have them m(__)m. The spreadsheet was created to reupload the games, so let's just assume than the reuploaded link doesn't have the tokuten and if by chance someone happens to have it and be kind enough to reupload it, let's just add a NOTE ^^. I may have some of the Drama CDs, and I'll try to gather what I have ^^. But I prefer TALK CDs so unfortunately there won't be many ^^;.
    I was never that interested in artbooks, so besides CLOCKZERO Artbook (I'll reupload that of course ^^), I have none :<. I'm sorry but I can't help with that :<.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayato.diaboliklovers View Post
    Thanks, but I'm already full of work. :raging:
    Even if I'd like, I can't make that list.:dispirited:
    We're all really busy, so let's just progress at our own pace :3. Please, let's not blame others if they don't want to do something we also don't want to do :<.

@Saiph; please, DON'T apologise :D! We're all constantly making mistakes! If anything, I should be apologising for not making rules clear in the first place m(__)m. I tend to make too many mental shortcuts :<.
    Last edited by miraiki; May 20th, 2020 at 02:43 PM.
    MilkyBarKid, Saiph, Ami✿ and 1 others like this.

Thanks
    Achievements:

@miraiki, I just checked out the free-to-view sheet and unfortunately it doesn't update along with the changes we make in the editing spreadsheet, now it's outdated. Plus it has a bunch of #VALUE! errors, though the URLs still seem to work.

To fix this, I think we ought to create a free-to-view sheet using the IMPORTRANGE function. Just make a copy of the editing spreadsheet, delete all text (don't delete the cell colors or other formatting), use the function on the free-to-view and voila!

After some testing, I noticed IMPORTRANGE won't correctly update cells that have multiple links in them (like AAO 7'Scarlet Racaty parts 1, 2, 3) nor cells that have partial formatting (like AAO 12-ji no Kane to Cinderella PSP; the bolded "MIRROR" part in the Notes column won't get preserved because the other text is un-formatted). This means that specific cells will need to be fixed so that it will get updated properly. For multi-part link cells, we will just have to manually add each part's link in the NOTES and readers will just have to copy-paste them into their browsers separately.

The alternative to IMPORTRANGE is to just manually update the free-to-view, though I'm thinking this will be a pain now that we have a dozen or so peeps with editing privileges.

If IMPORTRANGE sounds like a good idea to you miraiki, I'm happy to create a free-to-view only both of us can edit or if you prefer, you can make the new free-to-view yourself using the IMPORTRANGE instructions in the URL above (or maybe you don't need it, depends on how familiar with spreadsheets you are).
    miraiki likes this.
    Ignore This Signature

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkyBarKid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points

@MilkyBarKid; thank you so much! Truth be told, it's the first time I've heard about that IMPORTRANGE function, but I did try my best xD. I'm not the best with spreadsheets and generally things like organising and such xd... But here's the spreadsheet!
    **Hidden Content: Like to see the content**

I felt bad relying on you all the time so I tried creating it myself, not sure if that went well though, haha. If you prefer to make it youself, it's okay with me as well! Then I'll just delete this one. And you were right, cells with multiple links, etc. will have to be updated manually :<.
    Ooops, guess there can't be two owners so I'll accidentally gave you the privileges, as I said I'm not the best with spreadsheets xD.

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by miraiki View Post
    @MilkyBarKid; thank you so much! Truth be told, it's the first time I've heard about that IMPORTRANGE function, but I did try my best xD. I'm not the best with spreadsheets and generally things like organising and such xd... But here's the spreadsheet!

I felt bad relying on you all the time so I tried creating it myself, not sure if that went well though, haha. If you prefer to make it youself, it's okay with me as well! Then I'll just delete this one. And you were right, cells with multiple links, etc. will have to be updated manually :<.
    Ooops, guess there can't be two owners so I'll accidentally gave you the privileges, as I said I'm not the best with spreadsheets xD.
    No worries at all, the IMPORTRANGE was done well! =)
    The only reason I had to redo them was because it got finicky at correctly updating particular cells that I needed to fix in the editing copy (the cells with multiple links). It's no big deal since IMPORTRANGE is pretty quick to set up.

Don't feel bad, if I didn't want to do it I would say so.

Perhaps now it's safe to delete the old free-to-view or at least make it totally private if you wanted to keep it just in case.
    Last edited by MilkyBarKid; May 22nd, 2020 at 03:20 PM.
    Ignore This Signature

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkyBarKid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience PointsTagger First Class

I'm trying to reup the games in the otome section that I provided the mirrors for in the spreadsheet. I hope the format is alright. ^^"
    Ami✿, Saiph, MilkyBarKid and 2 others like this.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whiskasgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by whiskasgirl View Post
    I'm trying to reup the games in the otome section that I provided the mirrors for in the spreadsheet. I hope the format is alright. ^^"
    Thanks for your hard work! I think your posts look neat and organized!

Reminds me I've got to get around neatening up my existing threads, ever since miraiki discovered the fancy BB code thread.
    whiskasgirl likes this.
    Ignore This Signature

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkyBarKid For This Useful Post:

Devil of the Round Table Bleu Moebius's Avatar
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

As I told you before, I've updated the re-upload of titles, including new and old, that are no longer available in AS.
    Some of the titles in the spreadsheet already contain the links I uploaded, but some people didn't even notice the links, so I made a new post. I hope this helps you.
    miraiki, Saiph and MilkyBarKid like this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bleu Moebius For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu Moebius View Post
    As I told you before, I've updated the re-upload of titles, including new and old, that are no longer available in AS.
    Some of the titles in the spreadsheet already contain the links I uploaded, but some people didn't even notice the links, so I made a new post. I hope this helps you.
    Thank Bleu, I'm pretty sure I've updated your AS threads onto the spreadsheet too.
    Ignore This Signature

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkyBarKid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

@miraiki

Hello everybody, thanks for the hard work! I'd say we have achieved our first main goal which was to catalog as many known otome/BL games in existence as we can. Of course, this will still be ongoing as mirrors get made and new games get released.

The next goal, which is now steadily ongoing as some of you may have noticed, is to create new threads to reupload games that meet one or more of the following criteria:

1. All known official AS threads ("official" meaning a game's own thread, not a request post) and its original poster's links of the game are dead.
    2. The game never had an official AS thread before.
    3. The game is alive but its original poster's links are hosted by DepositFiles or Baidu, both of which are often slow or poor-functioning for many users. Please note that ordinarily, if a thread's original links are alive, creating a new thread is not against the rules but considered unnecessary.

@Ayato.diaboliklovers, have you and the rest of the MEGA Reupload Community considered joining forces with our Indexing group? We have very similar goals and would like to help with eventually adding these MEGA links to AS as game threads (as best practice is posting links as game threads), of course, with permission from individual contributors of the links.

Finally, now that we've moved onto reuploading/adding missing games, just a friendly reminder:

1. Please be mindful of the General Download Rules and Restrictions, even if you don't consider yourself an "uploader".
    2. Related to the above, please do not post your links in another's thread without their permission.
    3. miraiki left some quick advice on starting threads, which is beginner friendly. I know some of you have hinted or outright told me you're concerned about starting threads so perhaps this may help you:

If you don't know how to create a thread, please look at my Majestic☆Majolical post, because I think it's very simple
    4. BUT there is no pressure to make your own thread. If you feel you're not ready, consider sharing your links/mirrors with us and we can eventually post a thread for you. Of course, with your permission and crediting you if you like.
    whiskasgirl and miraiki like this.
    Ignore This Signature

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkyBarKid For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information