[ILLUSION] Koikatu! / Koikatsu! (コイカツ!) - Discussion and FAQ

Just got around to trying out the trial. And I really like the art-style. There was something about a lot of the past games that rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe they were too "Uncanny Valleyish".
For me, I think the ideal art-style would be somewhere in between these two.

Also, something I'm really pumped for is the apparent butt jiggle physics. Something I've wanted for a fat minute.

My anti virus software keeps flagging the initsettings as malware. Is anyone else having this problem?

AHHHHH If only I knew what they were saying we need eng patch asap!! :akazukin_rawr::akazukin_blush:

So far, it seems like a game of pandering if you ask me...doesn't help if ya don't know what they are talkin' about...

My anti-virus detected a malware while downloading from sukubei.pantsu. If you just wanna be safe use nyaa.si and get it from girlcelly.

Downloaded the girlcelly version but all the applications or installs seem to be giving errors. This is over my head and guess I'll wait for a guide to set it up.

Downloaded the girlcelly version but all the applications or installs seem to be giving errors. This is over my head and guess I'll wait for a guide to set it up.

Don't install using the setup.exe or startup.exe. Make sure that you mount both disks first using DAEMON and then start the installation using ILLUSION .msi

That's how I got it to work. Hope that helps.

Installed without any problems, both game and addons/DLC stuff. Game is a real eye candy, although lack of proper navigation is troublesome. And without proper translation (for us who don't speak anime), it's nigh impossible to progress. You can just go head through the wall and if you happen to pass, yay, if not, better luck next time.
So without translation, we are like bats.

I followed the procedure and finished install. But I cannot start game since it kept saying the game crashed.
Not sure what's going on……:(
I reinstalled and restarted but nothing helps.

I followed the procedure and finished install. But I cannot start game since it kept saying the game crashed.

That's weird.

If your Koikatu.exe and InitSetting.exe doesn't have an icon and its just blank then its not installed correctly. If the game starts but nothing shows up then you have to open InitSetting.exe and start the game from there at least once.

That's all I know, sorry. =\

Stupid question, but do you have AppLocale installed?

Well, in it's current state, I don't recommend playing Koikatu with BepInEx mod unless you don't mind losing all your progress: Saving/Loading does Not work. There's either an UI bug or something worse.

I really hope it gets fixed soon since this game seems really good.

Edit: And btw, we REALLY need a MOD thread like Honey Select since HF is sluggish/down like always after an Illusion game.

Last edited:

I think I encountered the same issue that you and Brickless ran into - something to do with the game executable causing an access violation through Unity Engine, according to the crash log.

I'm not sure which of my actions resolved the issue, but the two things I did immediately prior to being able to successfully run the game executable were:

1. Remove and re-apply the read only settings for each folder and file in the install directory (the folder where the game was installed to).

2. Update my graphics drivers through GeForce Experience.

Prior to that, I had absolutely no luck getting it to work after multiple installations and removals. Mounted one disk at a time, two at a time, started the installation using the Illusion MSI package, the setup executable, with and without Locale Emulator - nothing worked. I hope that doing one/both of these actions can resolve the issue for you!

I think I encountered the same issue that you and Brickless ran into - something to do with the game executable causing an access violation through Unity Engine, according to the crash log.

I'm not sure which of my actions resolved the issue, but the two things I did immediately prior to being able to successfully run the game executable were:

1. Remove and re-apply the read only settings for each folder and file in the install directory (the folder where the game was installed to).

2. Update my graphics drivers through GeForce Experience.

Prior to that, I had absolutely no luck getting it to work after multiple installations and removals. Mounted one disk at a time, two at a time, started the installation using the Illusion MSI package, the setup executable, with and without Locale Emulator - nothing worked. I hope that doing one/both of these actions can resolve the issue for you!

try mount image with WinCDEmu (it free) my dude i stop using Daemon tool because lately it come with maleware and adware that hard to remove. plus some games have protection against it.

Well, in it's current state, I don't recommend playing Koikatu with BepInEx mod unless you don't mind losing all your progress: Saving/Loading does Not work. There's either an UI bug or something worse.

I really hope it gets fixed soon since this game seems really good.

Edit: And btw, we REALLY need a MOD thread like Honey Select since HF is sluggish/down like always after an Illusion game.

auto translator will not get fix because it do nothing with the game developer. more than that it already have some report that auto translator not support with many games out there. our best bet is the modder god will give us something like a hf mod for this game.

try mount image with WinCDEmu (it free) my dude i stop using Daemon tool because lately it come with maleware and adware that hard to remove. plus some games have protection against it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I've haven't had to use a third party application to mount ISOs since Microsoft started supporting that function in Windows 8 onward, but for anyone using an older version of Windows, opting for WinCDEmu over Daemon Tools seems like a sensible choice.

Really liking this game so far. It took some time to get used to the body shapes and breast shapes, but after getting used to them it's a lot better. It feels like a mix between Artificial Academy and Artificial Girl. Either way, this is a welcome change from all the "realistic" stuff Illusion have done lately. All that's needed now is translations and uncensors and this game is golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this asmr?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls