[ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Translation Discussion

Re: [Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Done. The thread is here : [ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Translation Discussion.

I wish we could split all the translation-related messages from this thread and merge them with the new one in order to make things a little bit more ordered and convenient. Sadly, doing so would change the new thread OP. Except if there are tools to change a message date on this board.

I guess, we would have to move an unrelated older post of yours into the thread which would become the new OP. If that would be okay for you then please let me know that post you would sacrifice. My moderation is limited to the modding club though.

I do not envy your task. English is practically impossible to properly translate to Japanese, and vice versa. Ya might get the words right, but the meaning is almost always off...and vice versa. And let's not forget all of the ridiculous ways we use English:

Cool / coal
Weight / wait
Pool / pole / pull / poll

And all the synonyms and acronyms and homonyms and 2 words that sound the same mean totally different things and there are 4 words to describe 1 thing and...and that's just English! English and Japanese couldn't possibly be more different in every way.

Nope. Don't envy your task. It's a good thing you got the Dr. working on this.

For example, I can think of 3 ways to interpret Lovestruck, and 3 parts of the definition are listed right there in the other choices. -_-

In fact, I can interpret many of them multiple ways. A Japanese word "perfectly translated" may literally mean something different in English, thus throwing a wrench into the whole purpose of the damn translation.:P

Languages suck.:yawn: If I can help decipher some of these meanings, I'll do what I can. I would be better suited to deal with the spoken text though, simply because it's what I've been wanting to do lately. Same goes for SBPR, cuz some of that text is just gibberish, strait-up, and could be made better quite easily. Just look at Yandere, Tsundere and Gentle...this is why I like Quite.:D

I am not a translator, by any means, but I'm adept enough in English to advise against using the words Austere and Averse. Though I've heard averse plenty enough, I've almost never heard the word austere used by any common means. I'd highly recommend using words more common that others will recognize and understand well enough. I would normally have said the same for Yandere & Tsundere, but if you're playing an Illusion game, it's best to educate yourself on those words, anyway.

Dammit, I wish I was fluent in Japanese. -_-

Anyway, if you'd like to use a different, more commonly known word for Austere and Averse, you could try:

Austere - forbidding, stringent, or formal. You could also very well use "strict".
Averse - hesitant, reluctant, loath, or hostile.

When dealing with the masses, it's best to be as compromising as possible.

Last edited:
Strict or formal should be good. Also, in relation to user experience, could this personality be interpreted as the 'mature' personality found in many illusion games as well?

Speaking of which, imo illusion did a bad job at choosing the preview lines for this & the 'boyish' personalities. Unlike what the previews imply, They don't sound angry all the time in-game. In fact, they barely do unless you make them angry.. And based on my experience with the former one, it sounded more like a 'mature' personality to me. Or, actually, it does feel somewhat close to the 'big sister' personality in AA, although in HS's case big sister doesn't make much sense.

Looking in view, mature/big sister illusion girls are usually synonymous with being both somewhat formal & strict. So yeah, I think you guys can use these too if you want. Otherwise, strict & formal works too. Personally, I like mature better.

Thinking about it, I must say I agree with tmvaegis' arguments about Austere and Averse.

Sure, we should aim for a fitting and "correct" translation, but let's not forget that this is a translation for a game, not some dictionary definition. There have to be compromises and it should be understood by the users.

So, currently I have these translations, which I will probably use for the next update:

Code:
// Type
明るい = Cheerful
ツンデレ = Tsundere
おっとり = Gentle
無口 = Withdrawn
ヤンデレ = Yandere
大雑把 = Easygoing
生真面目 = Strict
ボーイッシュ = Boyish
元気 = Energetic
几帳面 = Diligent

// Mentality
楽しい = Pleased
好きかも = Affectionate
一目惚れ = Lovestruck
興味がある = Interested
魅力的 = Charmed
抱かれたい = Fascinated
話づらい = Awkward
苦手 = Reluctant
嫌い = Loathing
指示されたい = Cooperative
命令されたい = Obedient
逆らえない = Submissive

Edit: I uploaded Text-Translation-0.11 on HF (also attached). That does not contain the personality changes yet, though. Only minor fixes.

Attachments

• Text-Translation-0.11.zip
    55.6 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:
Reactions: natsugi
I am not a translator, by any means, but I'm adept enough in English to advise against using the words Austere and Averse. Though I've heard averse plenty enough, I've almost never heard the word austere used by any common means. I'd highly recommend using words more common that others will recognize and understand well enough. [...] When dealing with the masses, it's best to be as compromising as possible.

I concur with this recommendation. Since I'm a native French speaker, I have quite the tendency to use words from Latin and Middle English origins, as they sound closer to my mother tongue. It explains why my vocabulary may be a little bit too urbane at times.

But I will try to modernise and Americanize my wording a little bit for convenience and comprehensibility when translating game terms. Do not hesitate to correct me if you see anything that shall be rectified.

Strict or formal should be good. Also, in relation to user experience, could this personality be interpreted as the 'mature' personality found in many illusion games as well?

It's a bit more than "mature". This girl is one hell of an inflexibly serious, straitlaced killjoy, and it was the reason why I used a word as strong as "austere" to define her personality.

But we may very well use "strict", as Lewton did in the last round of corrections, since it properly convey this intrinsic rigidity.

Sure, we should aim for a fitting and "correct" translation, but let's not forget that this is a translation for a game, not some dictionary definition. There have to be compromises and it should be understood by the users.

This makes me reconsider the translation for "大雑把". I used "easygoing" but it may be difficult for players to make the difference with the "cheerful" personality.

Habitually, you'll use this term for an unsophisticated gal, like your typical gyaru JK or any other yankee girl. For the city bumpkin that still strolls in Takeshita-dori and clubs in Roppongi after reaching her thirties. It's somewhat the complete opposite of the Yamato Nadeshiko concept.

So, maybe going for something that underline this lack of femininity and elegance a little bit more ?

This makes me reconsider the translation for "大雑把". I used "easygoing" but it may be difficult for players to make the difference with the "cheerful" personality.

Habitually, you'll use this term for an unsophisticated gal, like your typical gyaru JK or any other yankee girl. For the city bumpkin that still strolls in Takeshita-dori and clubs in Roppongi after reaching her thirties. It's somewhat the complete opposite of the Yamato Nadeshiko concept.

So, maybe going for something that underline this lack of femininity and elegance a little bit more ?

I looked in 2 different dictionaries for what english terms they suggest and they both said rough, broad, sketchy.
Maybe one of those?

Deciding on such terms is quite difficult for me, since I'm also neither a japanese nor english native speaker (german actually.) And I would be lost without a jp dictionary.. So yeah I'm really not qualified to do translations ;) Which is why I only dare to translate menus, but not dialogues.

Well, around here, you could very well think of that as a "Tomboy"; a girl who has a very masculine attitude and personality. These gyaru/yankee girls seem very, very close to what we consider Tomboys in personality; except, they dress a bit girlier/flashier, I suppose. Tomboys usually dress in a more masculine fashion. (Jeans, t-shirts, etc.) If you think she's actually supposed to be a gyaru/yankee girl, maybe it's just best to name her that? I mean, most of us are into Japanese culture, anyway, so I think of that in the same way as Tsundere/Yandere:

If you don't know what those are, now, it's best you educate yourself, lol. This is a Japanese game, in the end!
My vote's for Gyaru or Yankee!

One thing to remember about the term Yankee is how it's seen in American culture. We think of Yankees in a far different manner; not just a baseball team, but an old slang for upper-east coast northerners.
(New York, Philadelphia, etc.)

I looked in 2 different dictionaries for what english terms they suggest and they both said rough, broad, sketchy.
Maybe one of those?

Deciding on such terms is quite difficult for me, since I'm also neither a japanese nor english native speaker (german actually.) And I would be lost without a jp dictionary.. So yeah I'm really not qualified to do translations ;) Which is why I only dare to translate menus, but not dialogues.
I've got 3 main go-to sites for mine, and fill in with others as I find them (I really should bookmark them all).

Google: not near as precise, but is surprisingly accurate for quite a bit when all is said and done. Mainly used only for the romaji that gets inserted under the input box.
WWWJDIC: very accurate, but only uses (for the most part) single words. It does show context and examples for quite a few and will use multiple dictionaries.
RomajiDesu: Can input either romaji or kanji. Very good for single words and button-type short descriptions. I usually input the romaji pulled from Google and it will give several listings followed by the kanji used by each. Many times uses full translated sentences to clarify context. They've recently added a full sentence translator but for what I've tried so far it's barely better than Google.

I'm going to have another look-see at the maker file tonight and post my suggestions later. Warning! This is what caused the loudest shouting match over the SBPR translation, but it's basic anatomy.

Oh... anyone know what file(s) need to be opened to get the original texts? Turning on options in the translator is fine, but having to try and play every available game option to get all the texts is a real pain in the patoot and will probably still miss some.

I'm going to have another look-see at the maker file tonight and post my suggestions later. Warning! This is what caused the loudest shouting match over the SBPR translation, but it's basic anatomy.
Thankfully there wasn't any shouting of that kind, yet. (Either because there isn't that much interest in HS compared to SBPR. Or maybe it's because of the state of HF?)

DeUglyOne said:
Oh... anyone know what file(s) need to be opened to get the original texts? Turning on options in the translator is fine, but having to try and play every available game option to get all the texts is a real pain in the patoot and will probably still miss some.
I haven't really examined it yet, but in abdata\adv\00.unity3d seems to be (at least some of) the spoken dialoges. See navi_XX MonoBehaviours.
(Until now, I only used the translation loaders find method, which was fine for menus.)

@Lewton - I noticed you rearranged the locations of a couple files and added a Text folder outside the HoneySelect one, again. Will this be a permanent move?

Those of us who just drag and drop without paying heed to what's inside may encounter problems without realizing that things were changed, again.

*Edit* - Just thought I'd add my 2 cents on some of the changes made to the personalities and mentalities. My only concern with the personality changes is Quiet->Withdrawn. There's usually been a Quiet personality, so the change seems rather odd, unless Withdrawn just makes more sense?

Pleased doesn't strike me as a mentality, but more of a mood. I liked Fun more, personally. Maybe Fun-Loving as an alternate, or even Happy? Erotic seemed fine, compared to Charmed, but that's one where I'm not quite sure of the real meaning of the translation, so I can't make up my mind about that one. I think Fascinated struck me as the most odd of the changes. That used to be "Wants you", right? If someone truly wants someone else, I'd think better options would be Enamored, Attracted, or even Charmed. Funny that a few of these basically mean the same thing in certain ways, right? Jeez, this is tricky stuff, lol.

Last edited:
Maybe Pleased could be Content, or Accepting? In my mind, pleased means you are satisfied with your current situation.

@Lewton - I noticed you rearranged the locations of a couple files and added a Text folder outside the HoneySelect one, again. Will this be a permanent move?

Those of us who just drag and drop without paying heed to what's inside may encounter problems without realizing that things were changed, again.
Crap! That's just what I did. Should I not have dragged/dropped? Aw man...

Here's my edit for the character maker (CharMaker.20) file.

Not really that many major changes but a lot of cleanup to remove most "Settings" and "Adjustments" - I hate redundancy. Changed all "Shiny" to "Shine" and removed a lot of "Size". It would probably be best to use a high-end editor that will let you compare files to find all my changes. I personally use Notepad++ (and it's free).

The more notable changes:
Body
Belly -> Waist
Waist W/T -> Pelvis W/T
(preset) Tiny -> Petite

Eyes
Eye Angle 1 -> Eye Angle
Eye Angle 2 -> Pupil Center
Eyelid Shape 1 -> Eyelid Shape V
Eyelid Shape 2 -> Eyelid Shape H

Hair
Back Hair -> Hair
Ear Bangs -> Sideburns

Clothes
Shorts -> Panties

Control Panel
Bra -> Under

Not really that much, but it sure did cause a lot of grief in the SBPR thread.

Attachments

• CharMaker.20.DUO.rar
    6.6 KB · Views: 157
  • maker.jpg
    maker.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
I haven't really examined it yet, but in abdata\adv\00.unity3d seems to be (at least some of) the spoken dialoges. See navi_XX MonoBehaviours.
(Until now, I only used the translation loaders find method, which was fine for menus.)
Jackpot! It looks as though the navi files are Sitri's and the c00 through c09 files are the individual personality files.

They appear to be in a spreadsheet format, with all information for each event, but the dialogues are marked as a text line. Too late to dig any further tonight but it's a good start.

Last edited:
*Edit* - Just thought I'd add my 2 cents on some of the changes made to the personalities and mentalities. My only concern with the personality changes is Quiet->Withdrawn. There's usually been a Quiet personality, so the change seems rather odd, unless Withdrawn just makes more sense?

I am of the same thought.

無口 [no-mouth] IS Quiet to me. Not necessarily withdrawn, just not of many words.

I'd like to hear the rationale for 無口=withdrawn too.

@DeUglyOne, Should that text be renamed to not have DOU? (replace)

Or should we delete the old one and keep the DUO?
I renamed it for comparison purposes. I don't pretend to assume that this will be used as-is but submitted it as a discussion point/alternative.

It you want to try it, move the existing CharMaker.20.txt file (like to your desktop) and drop the DUO version in it's place. I've no idea what kind of results you'll get with both in the same directory.

On a side note: While editing the file, updates to the maker screen were instantaneous when the file was saved. It made it a lot faster and easier than having to restart the maker to check changes.

Just updated the other post with an example pic.

The names and the personality was in Common.txt since its used in multiple contexts: in the character maker and atleast in the girl search dialogue. I moved it to Text since the studio also uses these strings. (It uses the personality type in the H anim as category.)
So, yes the change was intentional and I will keep it for now. (Though I think that the separation between game and studio isn't really necessary and a single folder for both would be easier..)

About Quiet/Withdrawn: I will probably stick to Quiet.

Here's my edit for the character maker (CharMaker.20) file.

Not really that many major changes but a lot of cleanup to remove most "Settings" and "Adjustments" - I hate redundancy. Changed all "Shiny" to "Shine" and removed a lot of "Size". It would probably be best to use a high-end editor that will let you compare files to find all my changes. I personally use Notepad++ (and it's free).

The more notable changes:
<snip>

I looked at it and I can agree with most changes, except for this one:
Eye Angle 1 -> Eye Angle

Eye Angle 1 is a rotation of the (outer) eye around its Z-axis and Eye Angle 2 is a rotation around it's Y-axis. It might look like the pupil changes, but in reality it stays the same, it's just that the eye shape around it changes. (There is a slider to change the pupil center by rotating it around it's X-axis but there is no slider for rotation around the Y-axis, since that one is controlled dynamically by the look direction.)
I used the suffix "1" and "2" instead of "Z" and "Y" since it seemed a bit to technical.

Shiny -> Shine
Fine with me. (Although personally I would prefer Spec or Specular, like it's named in 3D editors. But again, it seemed to technical.)

Back Hair -> Hair
I guess I will stick to Back Hair, since the hair items also use (front) and (back) in their names.

removal of Size suffix
Im not quite convinced yet. I really hate it when I can't infere from the name what they do and have to push the sliders around to see. Especially since there is no undo..

The hair should stay the same as it was (Front/Back), though I think Ear Bangs should be changed to "Side Hair", as that not only is more accurate, but it goes along with the other two options better.
Other than that, I'm pretty content with what's already there.

Any thoughts on my alternate solutions for the Mentality choices, btw?

This thread was indeed required. I wouldn't have imagined that translating would spark this much discussion.

But it's great. This will sure prove useful in the future, since Illusion tends to reuse the same terms in all of their games. Having them ironed out now will streamline the process for upcoming titles.

About 大雑把 :

I looked in 2 different dictionaries for what english terms they suggest and they both said rough, broad, sketchy. Maybe one of those?

This term literally translate as "rough", so it's exactly what you'll find when looking for it in a dictionary. And it would mean the same thing in England or in Japan : someone who is "rough" is basically someone who lacks proper manners and etiquette.

The issue is that Japanese people won't use this word like we would as Westerners, especially in this case. Simply because we don't have the same conception of what are "proper manners and etiquette". Cultural differences between Socratic and Confucianist societies lead to pretty big gaps on what is considered socially-acceptable behaviours.

In the West, we have a pretty high tolerance threshold, and you'll have to be pretty impolite, confrontational or violent to be labelled as a "rough girl". But in Japan, they're much less forgiving : you'll be considered as rough and "unsophisticated" as soon as you deviate a bit too much from social standards.

Do you know what tatemae means ? This is what it's all about. And this is why "being rough" means much more that it appears, here, and isn't so straightforward to translate.

A proper lady, that is respectful of social etiquette and manners, has to show a really controlled side of herself. She has to appear exactly as society wants her to appear, whatever her true feelings and aspirations.
And we all known what are those standards and their symbols. They're the idols that are shown on TV. For a girl, it means being cute, innocent, delicate and considerate. Stray a little bit too far away from those ideals and you'll be labelled as "rough". It's as simple as that.

And more often that not, it has to do with their sexuality. Showing yourself as a frivolous person, going out instead of working hard, admitting you don't have any willingness to raise a family when you're past 25 or expressing a little bit too much of an interest in sexual pleasure is social suicide for a Japanese girl. It would be a big fucking breach of proper social etiquette. A terrible disruption of the wa.

Well, around here, you could very well think of that as a "Tomboy"; a girl who has a very masculine attitude and personality. These gyaru/yankee girls seem very, very close to what we consider Tomboys in personality; except, they dress a bit girlier/flashier, I suppose. Tomboys usually dress in a more masculine fashion. (Jeans, t-shirts, etc.) If you think she's actually supposed to be a gyaru/yankee girl, maybe it's just best to name her that?

It's not even about being tomboyish. As I mentioned just above, it's mainly about lacking a proper "tatemae", about being unable to control your public stance and image. Those girls can be really feminine and dress all girly, but they still will appear as pretty uncouth by Japanese standards. Simply because they don't act like we expect a girl to behave.

This is why I first translated this term as "easygoing". As most foreigners, I don't really care about the subtleties of the Proper Japanese Way of Doing Things (even if I appreciate them) and I don't really mind girls being overly familiar. I won't think of them as "rough" simply because they don't address me with keigo and don't act either as a innocent cutie or a sophisticated mistress like society told them to do.
Especially since this lack of etiquette is (as told) a sign of familiarity : you don't have to maintain such formal stance with your close friends. With friends, you show your true self, not a social mask. So, to me, a girl that doesn't build a wall appears outgoing and friendly, while for a (more conservative) Japanese guy, she would appear pretty vulgar : she would simply be way too assertive for his standards.

This is the reason why any girl that is a little bit too open and extrovert is automatically seen as being slutty. If a girl can't conform to social norm while this norm is all about girls being cute and innocent, then it means that this girl is a bitch. There's simply no alternative.
It's so ingrained in their culture that even the guys from Illusion (a bunch of eroge-otaku) don't deviate from this stance : they made their "rough" girl pretty debauched. In the game, she's the girl that has the most perverted lines, and when you check the mechanics, you'll notice that the girls that have this personality are far from being tame :

• They earn "sexual experience" way faster than any other type. They even outclass "diligent" girls.
  • They start with more "desire points" (red) than any other type and earn 3 extra ones per H-Session. They're the best personality to reach max "horny" status.
  • They will give higher priority to any red position (the lewd ones) when evaluating your performance and higher priority to the "desire" stat when calculating state.

So, now, you have a pretty good grasp at the meaning behind "大雑把". Simply translating it as "rough" wouldn't do it justice. I was looking for something that properly convey the whole "outgoing girl that is far from Japanese standards on femininity and is a bit sluttish" idea.

But I'm probably over-complicating things. In the end, "easygoing" may be the best translation possible.

Since they're not Japanese, most player won't probably grasp the slight indelicacy and the vulgar undertones of this girl personality. And, if I'm not mistaken, "easygoing" already denotes a personality that can be a bit carefree and skanky at times.

About 無口 :

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents on some of the changes made to the personalities and mentalities. My only concern with the personality changes is Quiet->Withdrawn. There's usually been a Quiet personality, so the change seems rather odd, unless Withdrawn just makes more sense?

I didn't participate in previous game translations, so I don't know what was used in the past, but I can tell that here, the proper translation is indeed "withdrawn". In fact, most dictionaries won't translate this term as "quiet" but as "reticent" or "taciturn".

I wouldn't say that "quiet" is incorrect, but the issue is that it doesn't convey the intent behind this "quietness". You may be quiet because you're comfortable and confident. Calm and peaceful. Or you may stay quiet because you're too shy. Because you're so socially inept that you're too afraid to open your mouth. Or aloof. Or because you hate everybody and don't want to talk to anyone. The term "quiet" doesn't give much of an idea about the personality of someone who keeps silent.

無口 [no-mouth] IS Quiet to me. Not necessarily withdrawn, just not of many words.

I'd like to hear the rationale for 無口=withdrawn too.

The rationale is pretty simple : "withdrawn" is better at conveying the shy and introverted nature of this personality.

This is a girl that obviously lack self-confidence. When she talks to you, all red and all naked while looking at her feet, and throws a line like "Don't stare too much", or when she thanks you after sex, it doesn't feel like she's being simply "quiet". She's shy and have issues expressing her feelings. The fact that she talks like a kid and apologises a lot reinforce this awkwardness.

Furthermore, if they wanted to create a "quiet" personality that is cool and aloof, I'm sure they would rather have used a word like "静か" (shizuka). They wouldn't have used "無口" and wouldn't have made a girl that is so submissive (by the way, this is the personality that has the best characteristics to make the perfect slave).

About 心情 :

Pleased doesn't strike me as a mentality, but more of a mood. I liked Fun more, personally. Maybe Fun-Loving as an alternate, or even Happy? Erotic seemed fine, compared to Charmed, but that's one where I'm not quite sure of the real meaning of the translation, so I can't make up my mind about that one. I think Fascinated struck me as the most odd of the changes. That used to be "Wants you", right? If someone truly wants someone else, I'd think better options would be Enamored, Attracted, or even Charmed. Funny that a few of these basically mean the same thing in certain ways, right? Jeez, this is tricky stuff, lol.

Well, here, take care : those aren't "moods" but "sentiments". They represent the starting feelings the girls have towards the player.

For example, a "Pleased" girl starts with 20 "Favour Points" (the yellow points, that corresponds to the yellow face, and represents how much she loves you). An "Affectionate" one starts with 55. A "Lovestruck" girl starts with 80 points.

That's why I used a terms like "Pleased" instead of "Fun", or "Charmed" instead of "Erotic" : because we want to convey how the girl feels about the male character, or how she acts toward him.
So, in the end, it was all about having some kind of an intensity scale about a certain sentiment, rather than having translations that are as close as the originals as possible.

And to me, "Interested" feels weaker than "Charmed" and "Charmed" feels weaker than "Fascinated". But since we're talking about sexual desire here, a scale like "Interested" > "Attracted" > "Charmed" may be better.

It's not even about being tomboyish. As I mentioned just above, it's mainly about lacking a proper "tatemae", about being unable to control your public stance and image. Those girls can be really feminine and dress all girly, but they still will appear as pretty uncouth by Japanese standards. Simply because they don't act like we expect a girl to behave.

This is why I first translated this term as "easygoing". As most foreigners, I don't really care about the subtleties of the Proper Japanese Way of Doing Things (even if I appreciate them) and I don't really mind girls being overly familiar. I won't think of them as "rough" simply because they don't address me with keigo and don't act either as a innocent cutie or a sophisticated mistress like society told them to do.
Especially since this lack of etiquette is (as told) a sign of familiarity : you don't have to maintain such formal stance with your close friends. With friends, you show your true self, not a social mask. So, to me, a girl that doesn't build a wall appears outgoing and friendly, while for a (more conservative) Japanese guy, she would appear pretty vulgar : she would simply be way too assertive for his standards.

This is the reason why any girl that is a little bit too open and extrovert is automatically seen as being slutty. If a girl can't conform to social norm while this norm is all about girls being cute and innocent, then it means that this girl is a bitch. There's simply no alternative.
translating it as "rough" wouldn't do it justice. I was looking for something that properly convey the whole "outgoing girl that is far from Japanese standards on femininity and is a bit sluttish" idea.

Interesting comments, Dr Yoshi. I think, in the West, we had a similar concept about 150 years ago. It was "Victorian", where ladies were supposed to be "proper and prim", and any deviation from this course of conduct would be scandalous behavior. The term "loose" was often used if a woman strayed from the straight and narrow. Thank you for such an informed cultural observation. :)

I looked at it and I can agree with most changes, except for this one:
Eye Angle 1 -> Eye Angle

Eye Angle 1 is a rotation of the (outer) eye around its Z-axis and Eye Angle 2 is a rotation around it's Y-axis. It might look like the pupil changes, but in reality it stays the same, it's just that the eye shape around it changes. (There is a slider to change the pupil center by rotating it around it's X-axis but there is no slider for rotation around the Y-axis, since that one is controlled dynamically by the look direction.)
I used the suffix "1" and "2" instead of "Z" and "Y" since it seemed a bit to technical.
Yeah, that was a tough one. Originally I had used Pupil Spacing vs. Eye Spacing and Eye Spacing vs. Pupil Center. It might still work better that way but it just seems weird that when you go to the simplified settings that it shows as Pupil Spacing.

Shiny -> Shine
Fine with me. (Although personally I would prefer Spec or Specular, like it's named in 3D editors. But again, it seemed to technical.)

Back Hair -> Hair
I guess I will stick to Back Hair, since the hair items also use (front) and (back) in their names.
Well, that blows my next edit. :redface: Just more of the redundancy that I can't stand. When you've selected Bangs you know you're working on front hair and when you've selected (Back) Hair you know you're working on back hair. Hair, Bangs and Sideburns are just standard nomenclature that my daughter, the cosmetologist, uses so that's what I used.

removal of Size suffix
Im not quite convinced yet. I really hate it when I can't infere from the name what they do and have to push the sliders around to see. Especially since there is no undo..
Maybe that's just me then... I assume that if it doesn't say angle, width or thickness that the slider will change the size.

This is mainly why I named the file differently - it's my personal preferences and I knew my choices wouldn't fit everybody.

@Dr. Yoshi - You make a very convincing argument about using 大雑把 as "Easy-Going", and thanks for explaining it more thoroughly, btw. I think we'd all appreciate it if you could post all of your findings concerning the stats involving personalities, mentalities, etc, and then they could be transferred to the Wiki for all to see. I'm fine with Easy-Going, and honestly, after your description I couldn't think of a better term.

Your explanation about Quiet Vs. Withdrawn also convinced me that Withdrawn would be a better option. Not only is it more descriptive, but I think we just became too comfortable with Quiet, since it was used in both AA2 & SBPR, I believe. Though, on second thought, perhaps using Shy would be a better option, either way? When I think of someone having a personality trait in Western society (well, USA), I have never, ever heard someone described as being Withdrawn, but always hear Shy. They both have similar meanings, so I think we should go with the more widely known word. When I think of someone being withdrawn, there is a negative, lonely quality to it. I don't get the feeling that this girl is withdrawn, but shy or quiet.

Well, here, take care : those aren't "moods" but "sentiments". They represent the starting feelings the girls have towards the player.

This is why I mentioned that "Pleased doesn't strike me as a mentality, but more of a mood...", hence why I threw in other words to be considered. That said, thank you for the extended explanation on what the mentalities truly do as far as gameplay is concerned. Again, I highly recommend you post all your findings for the rest of us who would welcome such info.
So, if these are all just weighed towards starting favor points with a girl, I'm fine with your choices, since it all makes much more sense to me, now.

Thanks for all this, and I'm sure we'd love it if you could share all of your findings in a convenient post to be shared and posted! :)

Just a handful of updates to copy and paste into CharMaker.20.txt:

Code:
// In-Room Edit
キャラクター画像を変更する = Change the Character Image
入った時の状態に戻す = Revert to the Original State
更新せず終了 = Exit Without Updating
撮影して更新 = Update the Image
本当に戻しますか? = Do you want to go back?
保存しないで終了 = Exit Without Saving
終了しない = Do Not Close
保存して終了 = Save and Exit
容姿と服読込み = Appearance/Clothes

@Dr. Yoshi: Thanks so much for your insights. They do clear up some misconceptions on meanings to us Westerners.

BTW: I'm going for it. If I put it off again, I'll probably never make the trip. How's Tuesday the 4th of April sound? :D

Last edited:
100% Dialogues (untranslated!)

My manual project has been put on hold/cancelled, as asdfqwertyasdf has come up with a script to pull all lines automatically.
A link to his files can be found in his post here.

These are the dialogue files pulled straight from abdata\adv\00.Unity3d. I've remarked the files with the MonoBehavior files and the header tags used to make it a bit easier for multiple people to split work on the same personality.

They have not been checked for duplicate lines, though I did catch a handful as I was copy/pasting.

There are some "Select" entries that may or may not be the button texts. I included them anyway after pulling off the condition/jump codes that were suffixed to them. If they are indeed the button texts, they may need the full text for a proper text match but they are well remarked in case they need to be replaced with the full version.

These are not translated files! They are 100% dialogue files to be used for translation without having to rely on game play captures done with the UITranslation - there are many, many random jumps in the MonoB files which would make it almost impossible to reach 100% with game play alone.

Code:
// personality_00 Dialogue Untranslated
// pulled from abdata/adv/00.unity3d c00_ xx(_xx) MonoBehaviors
// MonoB file names and tags are in the comments
// Notes:
// "Select" strings may not be the actual button text, but internal markers for the (removed) condition/jump codes
// Duplicate entries not checked for or removed

// c00_00

// 通常セリフ
うう・・・   少し・・だけ・・・ 寄り道してもいいかな? = 
// 好意セリフ
あの・・ ちょっとだけいいかな・・・・ その・・用を足しにね・・。 = 
// 淫乱セリフ
私ちょっとよりたい所があるんだけれど・・・・・  いいかな? = 
// 嫌悪セリフ
悪いけど・・・ 今は近づかないで欲しいんだけど? = 
// 隷属セリフ
あの、すみません、 先に済ませておきたい事が・・・・。 = 

// Select 選択肢1
トイレを覗く = 
トイレに押し入り、襲う = 
無理やり連れ出す = 
終わるのを待つ = 
その場を離れる = 

// トイレ使用前セリフ
ふぅ・・・何とか間に合った・・・・。 = 
よいしょっと・・ ・・はぁ・・・急がないと・・・。 = 
えいっ・・・と・・・今日は何だか調子が良くないかも・・・。 = 

// 淫乱オナニー判定
・・あんっ、 やっぱり今日は変な感じ・・・、早くもどらないといけないのに・・・。 = 
//オナニー覗き淫乱
はぁはぁ、  ダメなのに我慢できない・・・ 何でだろ今日はすごく変な気分になる・・・。 = 

// 使用前セリフ
ふぅ・・・何とか間に合った・・・・。 = 
よいしょっと・・ ・・はぁ・・・急がないと・・・。 = 
えいっ・・・と・・・今日は何だか調子が良くないかも・・・。 = 

// 強姦通常セリフ
きゃあ!  え?  あれ?どうしてここに?  ・・・・じゃなくて早く出てって!!! = 
// 強姦好意セリフ
きゃぁぁぁ!!何で入ってくるのよ? ちょっと、今はダメだってば!! = 
// 強姦淫乱セリフ
あ・・ ちょちょっと今はダメ!!  ・・で、出ちゃうから!! = 
// 強姦嫌悪セリフ
!! きゃあああ!  早く出てって!! = 
// 強姦隷属セリフ
きゃっ、 あの・・どうしてここに・・・・  と、とにかく出て行ってください・・ =
Code:
c0x_00 = Toilet Event
	_00 = After masturbation peep
	_01 = After peeping
	_02 = After toilet rape
	_03 = Take by force
	_04 = After take by force

c0x_01 = Sleep Event
	_00 = After sleep H
	_01 = After usual H
	_02 = After nasty H

c0x_02 = Shower Event
	_00 = After masturbation peep
	_01 = After peeping
	_02 = After shower rape
	_03 = After waiting

c0x_03 = Invitation Event
	_00 = After invitation H

c0x_04 = Escape Event
	_00 = After worry/concern (?)

c0x_05 = Escape Allowed (?)

c0x_06 = She Went Home Angry

c0x_07 = Come to Room Event
	_00 = After H love

c0x_08 = Receive Sleep Event (H Wake Up)
	_00 = After H wake up (ohayou!)

c0x_09 = Initial H Events
	_00 = After initial H

c0x_10 = General purpose
	_00 = After GP H
	_01 = Broken
	_02 = Broken Recovery
	_03 = Exhaustion
	_04 = Pain
	_05 = Shameful (embarrased)
	_06 = Woman only
	_07 = Man only
	_08 = Both
	_09 = Shameful inaction
	_10 = No pain (?)
	_11 = Do nothing

c0x_11 = Location First Times
	_00 = Lobby
	_01 = Japanese room
	_02 = His room
	_03 = Her room
	_04 = Bath
	_05 = Courtyard
	_06 = (Not present - may be deleted school room first (or future DLC?))
	_07 = S&M room
I'm going to use the personality number and update the listing below when we have reached a consensus on naming.

Personality_00 ( 明るい ) Bright, Happy, Cheerful DONE
Personality_01 ( ツンデレ ) Tsundere DONE
Personality_02 ( おっとり ) Sister-Like, Gentle
Personality_03 ( 無口 ) Quiet, Withdrawn, Reserved, Shy
Personality_04 ( ヤンデレ ) Yandere
Personality_05 ( 大雑把 ) Laid-Back, Easygoing
Personality_06 ( 生真面目 ) Serious, Austere
Personality_07 ( ボーイッシュ ) Boyish
Personality_08 ( 元気 ) Energetic
Personality_09 ( 几帳面 ) Strict, Diligent
Sitri - Dialogues particular to her character DONE

Attachments

• Sitri_UNTRANS.rar
    2.1 KB · Views: 594
  • Personality_00_UNTRANS.rar
    12.6 KB · Views: 467
  • Personality_01_UNTRANS.rar
    12.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.