[ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Translation Discussion

tho while im on my way can you tell me what changes i may hope to see? read the changelog and it says a new version of a plugin? can you tell me what that means?

Mostly it's behind the scenes stuff for the plugin itself, recognizes different image formats, stuff like that. But On the user end you can actually disable the subtitles that are displayed at the top of the screen now in the ini file for the plugin. Under the subtitles header, change bEnabled=True to bEnabled=False.

Some other stuff was added as well, some mods got translated and a few of the things that weren't working in the UI are good now.

If this isn't the thread for discussing translation, can you tell me which one is? The OP says this isn't for troubleshooting, but that's been the topic of the last two pages.

I'm gradually translating Battle Arena's Card Edit (CardEdit3.txt) interface, with a preference for internal names found in the assembly, alternatively using a conventional gameplay term if it makes the mechanics clearer. The translation leans more toward clarity than fidelity; some descriptions were reworded and some errata corrected, and I used the tooltips on the Ability tabs to add more explanation of the basic mechanics. Now I'm down to translating the dialogs in the visuals, which are about 50 lines for 45 voices, mostly the same line with a different delivery or the same gist in a different idiom.

Some of the translation has been organized into Translations.txt for the sake of consistency between levels, but I think they'll have to be copied to each level that uses them in order to reduce the number of global searches. Customization can add a lot of names, labels, and effect combinations that can't be anticipated in translation, which will increase the number of full search attempts.

I think regex matching will be needed to make sense of the log output in Battle6.txt, as the strings are constructed from variables and constant to describe the gameplay action. But atm, I'm not familiar enough with regex expressions to construct them effectively and efficiently.

Attachments

• HSBattle_Translations.zip
    23.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Is this a dead project, or is this just not the thread for it anymore?

Well, here's an update: View attachment HSBattle_Translations.zip Almost everything is done except the Upload/Download interface, most of which could be copied from the base game, and dialog for all these voices:
2017-11-24 10_03_42-C__illusion_HoneySelect_abdata_battle_list.png

Those are 51 lines each, many duplicated but with completely different inflection.

Did anyone update the Audio Translation yet? it's like someone just used google on it and left it as is..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.
deckera wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can you re up this ?