[ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Translation Discussion

I posted this over on Hongfire, but I'll put it up here too incase anyone is interested in trying their hand at translating the first 400 or so lines from the c12 character, which I believe is the Bewitching one, right? The reason I skipped over c11 is people seam to be asking for the Bewitching one more so I started to compile that one for translation. Keep in mind, this is not what you want yet for actual translated lines, it's just the raw Japanese characters and a spot to put translated lines.

TL;DR If you want to translate the c12 H-Scene voice lines, here's the first 400 something of them. If you want plug and play translated lines, it's gonna be a while, I'll do it, but I'm not there yet.

Err.....Never mind, apparently I can only upload a .txt file if it's less than 19.5 kb...

Here's the link to my post over at Hongfire.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hf-modding-translation/honey-select-mods/5716891-wip-all-in-one-english-translation/page23

Awesome.. I'll try to translate that ^^

Hey guys,

i am new in Honey Select and installed yesterday game + all 3 DLC (incl. Party).
Now i have problems with the translation. Studio is translated rightly but Select is only Translated aprox 60%.
Used Lewton's 221216 with ui loader 0.16.0 or even EMF from yoshi but no one works.
Any advice?

Please check the installation and mod order given above on post #325
If any of them missing especially translation files. You can have problems.

Hey guys,

i am new in Honey Select and installed yesterday game + all 3 DLC (incl. Party).
Now i have problems with the translation. Studio is translated rightly but Select is only Translated aprox 60%.
Used Lewton's 221216 with ui loader 0.16.0 or even EMF from yoshi but no one works.
Any advice?

As smoothlaunch said, you're gonna want all the dlcs, and then use this file and follow the instructions and you should have a working translation.

https://mega.nz/#!oF5wWZjb!ppxmFhKyogxixiVjkABWabT9S9xzdgicU8fgAx5RO0c

I've been scouring this thread for an answer, but nothing seems to work. I've been trying to get StudioNEO to work, but I keep ending up with glitched graphics as seen below:
img ur.com/FtSnfBg.png

What do I need to do to fix it?

I've been scouring this thread for an answer, but nothing seems to work. I've been trying to get StudioNEO to work, but I keep ending up with glitched graphics as seen below:
img ur.com/FtSnfBg.png

What do I need to do to fix it?

Head over here and use this. I put everything together for ease of installation. There's a few small issues I'm working out, so it will have an update soon, and also as more translations come out it will continue to be kept up to date, but it will get everything working for you.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hf-modding-translation/honey-select-mods/5716891-wip-all-in-one-english-translation?p=5797015#post5797015

Head over here and use this. I put everything together for ease of installation. There's a few small issues I'm working out, so it will have an update soon, and also as more translations come out it will continue to be kept up to date, but it will get everything working for you.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hf-modding-translation/honey-select-mods/5716891-wip-all-in-one-english-translation?p=5797015#post5797015

That didn't seem to do anything, since I had all those patches already added. I tried doing it on a StudioNeo vanilla install too and it's the same result. For some reason it's just pulling all it's GUI images from the wrong source or not formatting them correctly from the tga files.

I ended up just renaming the UITranslation\StudioNeo\Images folder to something else and it'll just load the default images. There's some stuff I won't be able to read, but I think I can navigate around it.

Reactions: trtlatstewa
That didn't seem to do anything, since I had all those patches already added. I tried doing it on a StudioNeo vanilla install too and it's the same result. For some reason it's just pulling all it's GUI images from the wrong source or not formatting them correctly from the tga files.

I ended up just renaming the UITranslation\StudioNeo\Images folder to something else and it'll just load the default images. There's some stuff I won't be able to read, but I think I can navigate around it.

That's....really strange... When I made that I did clean install with only the IPA to make sure everything worked right and that was all it took. Did you run the patcher?

Reactions: trtlatstewa
That's....really strange... When I made that I did clean install with only the IPA to make sure everything worked right and that was all it took. Did you run the patcher?

Do you mean the one created by IPA.exe? I did run that one in both the existing one and the vanilla.

Do you mean the one created by IPA.exe? I did run that one in both the existing one and the vanilla.

Yes, that's what I meant. By chance are you using the 32 bit version? I don't think the translations work for that, only the 64 bit. Other than that, I don't know what the problem is.

Yes, that's what I meant. By chance are you using the 32 bit version? I don't think the translations work for that, only the 64 bit. Other than that, I don't know what the problem is.

Yeah, that's the one I use. Oh well, I'll keep watching for updates. Maybe something will come up in the future.

[...] By chance are you using the 32 bit version? I don't think the translations work for that, only the 64 bit. [...]

Hmm... but your "UI Translation AIO" file over at Hongfire contains the following folders:

BattleArena_32_Data
HoneySelect_32_Data
HoneyStudio_32_Data

So translations work for the 32 bit versions of those parts of the game, only the "StudioNEO_32_Data" folder is missing.

If one would copy the contents of the "StudioNEO_64_Data" folder in the UI Translation AIO package over to the "StudioNEO_32_Data" folder of the installed game, could it be that the 32 bit version of NEO gets translated as well?

I'm not able to try this myself at the moment, so if anyone decides to do this, better backup your game first.

Yeah, that's the one I use. Oh well, I'll keep watching for updates. Maybe something will come up in the future.

Hmm... but your "UI Translation AIO" file over at Hongfire contains the following folders:

BattleArena_32_Data
HoneySelect_32_Data
HoneyStudio_32_Data

So translations work for the 32 bit versions of those parts of the game, only the "StudioNEO_32_Data" folder is missing.

If one would copy the contents of the "StudioNEO_64_Data" folder in the UI Translation AIO package over to the "StudioNEO_32_Data" folder of the installed game, could it be that the 32 bit version of NEO gets translated as well?

I'm not able to try this myself at the moment, so if anyone decides to do this, better backup your game first.

Fix is up in the post for the 32 bit version of Neo. Here's the link for the newest patch. Should get you 32 bit guys up and running for Neo.

https://mega.nz/#!pnY0TJYT!G9pei9aHZ8GePVQEj6p_uOcLOlLWkGQIUDyTuH7TGIk

@Brimstone

I'm a 64 bit guy that tried to help solving a puzzle for the 32 bit guys :)
Just out of curiosity - did my above thoughts make any sense?

Glad that everyone can use a translated NEO now, good work.

@Brimstone

I'm a 64 bit guy that tried to help solving a puzzle for the 32 bit guys :)
Just out of curiosity - did my above thoughts make any sense?

Glad that everyone can use a translated NEO now, good work.

I run the game in 64 bit myself as well, but to answer your question, a different modder on Hongfire beat me to the punch on fixing that up, so all credit goes to him. His handle is Chlorel, and he's been a great help so far to all of us that want this game in English. If anyone is so inclined, they should head over to the Hongfire UITranslation page and show him some love with a like on his post.

EDIT* errr... don't know why it quoted mundoman again, sorry about that bro,lol !

so.... er..... has the translation for the dialogs been uploaded yet if not what's the progress of the dialogs that hasn't been translated yet? and the progress of the untranslated H scene dialogs? sorry if i'm asking too much

I updated the game to the latest DLC and that seems to have broken my interface translation. I tried re-applying the translation but UI picture elements are still not translated. Was that a separate set of files or it just doesn't work with the latest update?

Reactions: Randomness7
Thanks. I don't know how this happened but it seems like I had the wrong "all-in-one" file. And that was just the entire issue. I was completely mixed up about this for a while.

After many of the official updates Illusion added buttons and new options to the games that broke the translations. The All in One that you had was probably the right one, maybe, but since you updated the game it now had new stuff that the old translations were incompatible with. Also, just adding the update without reapplying the translations will mess stuff up, so those are likely why it happened.

Glad to hear that you have everything fixed now though!

I'm trying to translate Battle Arena, and find the same gameplay terms retranslated on a line-by-line basis, so you get a mess like this in CardEdit3.txt:

Code:
判定 +2 装甲 +3 反撃 = Judgment + 2 Armor + 3 Counterattack
攻撃 = Atck.
判定 +1 威力 +20 射程+3 = Judgment + 1 Power + 20 Range + 3
判定 +4 = Judgment + 4
判定 +5 = Judgment + 5
威力 +40 = Power + 40
威力 +50 = Power + 50
射程+5 = Range + 5
射程+6 = Range + 6
While the same stats go untranslated in TroopEdit4 and Battle6. This completely breaks down when using the technique editor to create new techs with any combination of stats. Is this something a regex should be used for, or is there a more elegant way? And where would the translations for consistent terms go?

just d/l'd installed the 10/19 AIO. broke my game - my 4k LRE graphics look like they're back to vanilla now. total shock. never had anything other than an official update break my game. well, time to spend time trying to recover 3 wks of stuff. ill beware of any AIOs in future. cant believe i have to do this again.

just d/l'd installed the 10/19 AIO. broke my game - my 4k LRE graphics look like they're back to vanilla now. total shock. never had anything other than an official update break my game. well, time to spend time trying to recover 3 wks of stuff. ill beware of any AIOs in future. cant believe i have to do this again.

That's pretty odd. No one else has experienced this, nor have I. I test those before I release them to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen. It shouldn't touch anything with LRE. Are you using IPA 3.3? Did you re-patch the game after installing the update?

Reactions: CGS713
That's pretty odd. No one else has experienced this, nor have I. I test those before I release them to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen. It shouldn't touch anything with LRE. Are you using IPA 3.3? Did you re-patch the game after installing the update?

this is embarrassing.. did many things to try to fix but apparently didnt do the main thing you should do when updating translation - drag/drop your .exe file on the IPA (yup, using 3.3). i just did on my thought-to-be-broken game file and the colors are back to normal :) ill just go sit in the corner now <<grabs dunce hat>>.. tho while im on my way can you tell me what changes i may hope to see? read the changelog and it says a new version of a plugin? can you tell me what that means?

on the bright side i created a new game file and ended up doing a major mod install which i would not have done if i installed the AIO correctly. so, my new game file has much more assets than the old one.

Users who are viewing this thread