[ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Translation Discussion

it's like the character's intro (battle cry?) in a fighting game. I'm just not sure what the correct term/translation is since the japanese one is 'cut-in', like cutting in on a conversation? (kanye v. taylor swift, 'imma gonna let you finish..')

Cut-in is the exact term used by japaneses when a little animation trigger before an attack or something like that.
Most popular must be the "objection!" animation by Phoenix Wright.

So that's totally what it is here but since English not my native language, I don't know if this term is the same.

I think cutscene is pretty much accurate.

Last edited:
I posted this over on Hongfire, but I'll put it up here too incase anyone is interested in trying their hand at translating the first 400 or so lines from the c12 character, which I believe is the Bewitching one, right? The reason I skipped over c11 is people seam to be asking for the Bewitching one more so I started to compile that one for translation. Keep in mind, this is not what you want yet for actual translated lines, it's just the raw Japanese characters and a spot to put translated lines.

TL;DR If you want to translate the c12 H-Scene voice lines, here's the first 400 something of them. If you want plug and play translated lines, it's gonna be a while, I'll do it, but I'm not there yet.

Err.....Never mind, apparently I can only upload a .txt file if it's less than 19.5 kb...

Here's the link to my post over at Hongfire.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hf-modding-translation/honey-select-mods/5716891-wip-all-in-one-english-translation/page23

Reactions: Budisantosoo1212
Battle Arena translation (mostly machine translated, sorry for some crappy translations)

All the menu should be translated (*note: Due the the way the font is formatted in the game, some words will run into menu items. like 'Mouth' runs into the left arrow)

Did not translate the attributes, just much combo to get them all.

I've included the unityengine dll's, so just uncompress into your HS root folder and make sure to drag BattleArena_64.exe into IPA & run it for translations to work.

https://mega.nz/#!XUZ0VIyA!c9oIFPpsna7pzBZtOeaHEUoHWOD8_uS90NfMUpjeglQ

Holy shit, that was a HUGE improvement in loading time! Thanks, Stampar! I remember reading about all that back in the SBPR days, but I forgot all about it.
I'll have to see how it goes for extended periods, but it's a start!

That being said, what is the purpose of having it set to True, anyway?

@BastianT - I attribute that to the same thing, actually, since I was also suffering from the issue you mentioned. You should also try what Stampar mentioned and see how that goes for you.

Thanks! but it didnt work, I guess it's something about my PC.

Sadly but unsurprising, the 5/26 update breaks the translation of Studio NEO rather decisively:

xYPGfNVS.png

https://i.imgbox.com/xYPGfNVS.png

Probably because it adds new menus (map movement and background addition).

Indeed! for what I saw, there's no easy way to fix this: the new layout for more than half of the UI differs too much from the one used before. We'll have to wait for a new translation I'm afraid, let's hope Dilldoe is up to the task.

It's a shame every patch keeps breaking translations and plugins like this...

Delete the "SpriteAtlasTexture-studio (Group 1)-2048x2048-fmt5.tga" file from the Plugins\UITranslation\StudioNeo\Image directory. The font based text will still be translated and that should be enough until someone fixes the file.

Reactions: Dr.Bloodmoney
It's a shame every patch keeps breaking translations and plugins like this...

Unfortunately, that's just the way it goes. Personally, I don't even bother with mods until they ease up on the official content for a while. Except for the uncensor.. :D It's just too much of an effort to keep fixing the damn game!

I was just about to bite the bullet and translate too.. Ah well, guess I'm waiting even longer.. >_<

will try and fix new ui by this weekend. Still have the psd, so just have to move a few stuff around and translated the new stuff. gonna try a faster way to translate instead of hand writing it in google translate, so hopefully can get this done fast.

will try and fix new ui by this weekend. Still have the psd, so just have to move a few stuff around and translated the new stuff. gonna try a faster way to translate instead of hand writing it in google translate, so hopefully can get this done fast.

That would be amazing, DillDoe!

BTW, I don't wanna presume to tell an OG like you how to handle your business, but the Google translate app for mobile devices offers unlimited real-time translation - has helped me decipher more than a few Japanese mods.

That would be amazing, DillDoe!

BTW, I don't wanna presume to tell an OG like you how to handle your business, but the Google translate app for mobile devices offers unlimited real-time translation - has helped me decipher more than a few Japanese mods.

yup, had it for awhile, but didn't occur to me to use it for this till now. I did try it on japanese tv show to translate some of the pop up text, but that fail miserably. ok for single words, horrible for sentences/phrases.

didn't really need it for this that much, just toggle the new imagemap with the old one to see where they moved the text.

I really don't know why they did this (unless to piss us off) there is plenty of space to add new icons than to resuffle the whole map.

Was there supposed to be a UI Translation folder for NEO? I don't remember installing one, but I don't see how it'd work without one. Needless to say, my NEO translations aren't working.

*Edit* - OK, I figured it out, but man that was frustrating. I don't know if anyone else had the same issue, but with the latest DLC update (5/26), you need to reinstall the UITranslation for StudioNEO_64_Data...
Problem?

UITranslation v16.0 doesn't have that Data folder.

So where was it? I totally forgot that it was randomly thrown in that Machine Translation, awhile back. I find that to be an easy thing to forget, so perhaps StudioNEO_64_Data should be included with UITranslation to prevent such a thing from happening, again? (BattleArena's, as well)
Anyway, I'll upload it, individually, for those who need it.

StudioNEO_64_Data

Obviously, don't forget to repatch with IPA after installing it.

Update... Again - Bah, the hell with it. I threw in the UITranslation folders for BattleArena, as well. Full credit to akyryz, Dilldoe, and whomever else I've forgotten for everything. So... here you go!

UITranslation.v0.16.0-HoneySelect

I don't know if a UITranslation exists for StudioNEO_32_Data, in case you're wondering why it wasn't included.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Dilldoe that was quick! Paired with Shinki's additions it gets all the UI things translated... at least until next patch XD
However I realized there's a pair of very minor issues in the loading screen. It reads "Studio NEO staring up" shouldn't it be "starting"? and also, since last version, a graphical glitch can be noticed in some frames of the animated O.

Now let's hope someone considers translating NEO items lists (because, they're supposed to be untranslated yet, right?).
I don't know how to dump ingame text into the translation .txt, but if someone supplies the japanese templates, I'll do it myself.

I've noticed the loading glitch, have to see why since I didn't alter it.

I think one of the machine translation translated the items (or copy it from studio)
Only thing isn't translated are the new battle arena stuff

edit:

updated link with corrected fixes.

seems like an over crop of the alpha so the bottom of one of the loading circle was showing up

Last edited:
Thanks! It's flawless now for what I can see.

Regarding the items, I have the old ones translated by copying the old studio files, but is there a translation for the NEO adittions? Most of furniture items and stuff are still japanese for me.

So I finally extracted every line for the Bewitching personalities' H-Scene stuff, if anyone wants to take a look at it I'll post the link below. I can't say exactly when I'll get it fully translated, and a few others have shown interest in doing it themselves as well. If anyone decides to give it a go, please let me know, I'd hate to have multiple people working on translating the same file, it's just way too time consuming to have people waste 7 or 8 hours translating something that's already being worked on. I most definitely will do it myself if no one takes the plunge, just please, if you do start it say something, and if you do start it and decide it's too much work (which is highly understandable), let me know and send me your work, I'll finish it.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hf-modding-translation/honey-select-mods/5716891-wip-all-in-one-english-translation?p=5795192#post5795192

Thanks! It's flawless now for what I can see.

Regarding the items, I have the old ones translated by copying the old studio files, but is there a translation for the NEO adittions? Most of furniture items and stuff are still japanese for me.

opps, used an older startup screen instead of current one. should say performance instead of environment.

fixed download link.

not sure, but all my items seems translated.

seems there are so many translations popping up i cant keep up. i have tried the new neo GUI, studio neo data and addition UI translation just posted above.. in addition to the original translations and that seemed to fix neo for the most part but now the main game has gone back to 1/2 japanese...the dialogue is in japanese again before and after h scenes (the scenes themselves seem to be 1/2 translated - most speech doesn't prompt a subtitle) and some of the menu items are now not translated etc... these 2 patches/updates for the game so far have been a nightmare for me to install... the tons of mods, never have an issue.

so, can someone give me a step by step on what to actually install translation-wise and in what order to get studio neo, main game, and battle arena translated with the 5/26 patch? i have no clue at this point.

For some reason Illusion has decided to make every update wreck ALL mods and such, so if you want your game to work perfectly, since I am seeing you post this stuff all over the place, BE PATIENT!!! Get your game to the point you want it and WAIT for us to fix things! I really don't mean to be rude, but you seam to be having a rough time reading up and following all the directions that everyone is posting, and that is to be expected to a point, a lot is going on, and everything is a bit mixed up, but with all the updates happening all over the place things are bound to get broken. I would highly suggest that you stay calm and enjoy the game for what it is. Translations take time, fixing mods for the non stop updates takes time. Writing up how to fix stuff and even figuring out how to fix stuff takes time. DON'T update the base game if you are not willing to do the homework it takes to get things back to square one. Good luck, and remember, all of us are dealing with EXACTLY the same thing you are.

For some reason Illusion has decided to make every update wreck ALL mods and such, so if you want your game to work perfectly, since I am seeing you post this stuff all over the place, BE PATIENT!!! Get your game to the point you want it and WAIT for us to fix things! I really don't mean to be rude, but you seam to be having a rough time reading up and following all the directions that everyone is posting, and that is to be expected to a point, a lot is going on, and everything is a bit mixed up, but with all the updates happening all over the place things are bound to get broken. I would highly suggest that you stay calm and enjoy the game for what it is. Translations take time, fixing mods for the non stop updates takes time. Writing up how to fix stuff and even figuring out how to fix stuff takes time. DON'T update the base game if you are not willing to do the homework it takes to get things back to square one. Good luck, and remember, all of us are dealing with EXACTLY the same thing you are.

Doubt they could care less for the mods to begin with. Back up your stuff, i have 6 different Hs folders.

Doubt they could care less for the mods to begin with. Back up your stuff, i have 6 different Hs folders.

Exactly. I have three storage drives in my PC, a laptop, and an external HDD, all of them with working installations of Honey Select. Backups are your friends. Enough said.

yup, i did have a 5 day old backup... still took 8 hrs to restore to current. as i said i forgot to backup before applying patch so i had to take the time to fix it. Afterwards, i saw some new stuff on the 5/26 patch translation and since i kept my broke install so it could hopefully be repaired once everything is worked out and running smoothly with the new patch - i tried to install that stuff and it became a mess - not really, broke install couldn't be broken anymore it just did'nt work for me in the end after taking quite a bit of time to try to get it to work... i got neo working fine but then the main game crapped out on me so i just said screw it :)

i have a stable pre 5/26 patch ( or 5/19 technically, whichever) game and decided to enjoy it as was suggested... maybe in a couple weeks applying 5/26 patch will be a simple task thanks to the modding community's continued efforts. also, i just got a 5TB external HDD for something else but will use it to make steady backups of this game...for reasons :P

For those who are interested i to stay on the safe side..
The video on pastebin page about installation & mod installation guides you ...to the best point you can go ..
Then make a copy of folder..
I did not try battle installation ..Since i am not interested in wih it...
But up to there this set up works excellent.
In case if your game is damaged after adding some mods.. TRY "Hir clear execute" ..
You can find it in HF or here probably..
"This video guide works."

I broke mine the other day trying to update translations also but I fixed it with the 'Fully Updated HoneySelect + All DLC & Extra Content [BACKUP] - Version 1.20' from the Pastebin https://pastebin.com/Z9kkjDjT

Before doing this its best to backup your HS folder first tho as this resulted in wiping my save but i wasnt very far so wasnt a problem.

I copied the whole backup ontop of my Honey Select folder & then followed their
Translation guide & then added on latest from here.

Then re-applyed the key mods like Wideslider & IPA & GG & SBX (and a bunch more i forget about, they r in the pastebin)

And game seems to be working fine again.

Backups are still best but you can save a broken copy if needed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

deckera wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can you re up this ?
deckera wrote on Shine's profile.
can you re up this ?
tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this asmr?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]