Your country pluses and minuses

Sugre

King of Hentai
Contributor
Nov 5, 2011
I just saw this idea on another forum: essentially you just go on listing your country strong and weak points. No limitations; you can pick the place you were born or the one you live in now (or both), choose whatever you think that works well there and what doesn't (ranging from "serious" to "whacky in a fun way"). Only rule you have is trying to avoid "my country is better than yours" arguments - it's not a discussion, it shouldn't even have arguments. No heavy country bashing that's not your own either, please, we don't want to rile local patriots. in you Let's try to have a polite, grown-up conversation, shall we?

Your creativity freeds you, your prejudice binds you.

My country.

Pros:
- Food is cheap.
- Most basic services are cheap, except for internet service.
- DMCA doesn't exist.
- Copyright infringement is something I won't see for the next 10-15 years.

Cons:
- Corruption, so high that we stand in the top 10 most corrupted countries.
- Law enforcement sucks, out of 10 murders 7 or 8 are made by actual cops.
- Robbery.
- Both mundane and organize crime roams freely in the streets.

Yeah, I live in a shit hole. We got nice beaches though.

Malaysia

Pro
-No earthquakes, volcanoes or hurricanes.
-Politically peaceful...for now.
-Variety of foods to choose fro that came from various races.
-School uniform is part of the rule for students here (which also got it's con)

Con
-It's not Japan
-No snow
-All schools use the same school uniform design. (I was kinda hope that every school have their own uniform design.)
-We don't have the 2nd Amendment like the Americans have. (Individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.)
-Airsoft still illegal here. (I'm an airsoft player, illegally. We got representative for negotiate with the Government to have airsoft recognized as a sport, like paintball)

*Since I post this at 4:40 AM, I couldn't think anything more to add.

+ There's literally every nationality in this country so you never feel out of place
+ Cheap stuff
+ Freeeedoooooommmm
+ Maple syrup

- Nothing really cultural here
- We get picked on by our brothers to the South
- Incompetent leaders
- French as second official language
- Softsauce laws
- Essential service workers go on strikes every second Thursday

Freedom for the most part (more emphasis around where i live)
Randomness of the people

Its freezing here (fog for a week after a day of sunshine)
Prices are climbing =.= (sort of because of the wars i guess)
Were the 6th most stressed country yay
Lots of random protests that i know happen but dont know why

Pros:
Safe
Stable economy
No natural disaster

Cons:
Government is over-conservative
Old fashion
Realistic

We get picked on by our brothers to the South

Teehee, Canadians xP.

Just kidding, no hate against Canada

My country...
Pros: ummm.... No communism?

Cons: Law enforcement usually sucks
People are morons
Picking a president is like picking whether you want to eat a turd sandwich or have a pinecone shoved up yer ass
unemployment issues
Medical insurance companies will find any loophole to make sure that you die and they don't have to spend money on preventing you from dying
Tax money being used on dumb shit
etc etc.

Pros: ummm.... No communism?

Cons: Law enforcement usually sucks
People are morons
Picking a president is like picking whether you want to eat a turd sandwich or have a pinecone shoved up yer ass
unemployment issues
Medical insurance companies will find any loophole to make sure that you die and they don't have to spend money on preventing you from dying
Tax money being used on dumb shit
etc etc.

Hmm actually schools are a somewhat communist idea and being a mixed economy we have aspects of communism (i think) so its more of no pure communism than none at all :3

And yeah tax =.= more than half of the tax is being shoved into war yay... We really should fix our own problems before running off to save the world

Pros:

1. Too much food.
2. Lots of TV and stuff.
3. Ultimate place for classic rock.
4. Cellphones the size of super computers.
5. Open fields.
6. Makes a lot of muscle and show cars.

Cons:

1. People put their foot in their mouth twice before inhaling...
2. We have no money.
3. We have very confusing laws and regulations.
4. We still don't know who our enemies are...>.>
5. We make the most retarded things into headline news.
6. We still think everything is a fantasy and we are individually the center of the universe and everything should go our own way.
7. We have re-written half of the rights and laws and still can't interpret them.
8. Any morals or principals left, have gone to Dodge City.
9. We still don't know what's in our food.
10. Most of the people who want guns shouldn't have guns and those that do need them can't have them, all because the other people's complaining.
11. Everything is copy-righted, protected, licensed or privately owned.
12. People still claim they saw Elvis.

My country

Pros
1) No import tax :3
2) Cheap and high quality healthcare
3) No natural disasters as we are protected by the "Li Ka Shing protective mechanism"
4) Reliable and well developed public transport system. A car is not a necessity.
5) Great trade relations with other countries such as Japan.

Cons
1) Government seems to be "clueless"
2) Driving a car is a pain. No high speed highways (Fastest is 180km/h), lack of parking
3) No breathing space.
4) As if you can breathe through the pollution anyways

pros

our country seems to have some pros but i can't see it :P
anyways,

good foods:lmao:
hospitable :bepraised:
and yeah manny pacquiao :desire:

cons

corruption:mafiaboss:
robbery:breakin:
storm prone:crushed:
outdated airports :forsaken:

We really should fix our own problems before running off to save the world

Well the U.S.A. seems to think it can govern the world because of their own beliefs. So we tend to jump in whenever we see something we dont like. Thats how I see it anyways lol. doesn't change that fact that its still an issue -.-

That reminds me of a question in my history class: My teacher asked if we as a country would help anyone in need and one of the students raised his hand and said, "Sure, we would gladly help anyone when they need it, just as long as nothing gets in our way."

Usually that is: Money.

That reminds me of a question in my history class: My teacher asked if we as a country would help anyone in need and one of the students raised his hand and said, "Sure, we would gladly help anyone when they need it, just as long as nothing gets in our way."

Usually that is: Money.

Unfortunately the US doesn't seem to think of our 13 Trillion dollars of debt as too much of an issue to spend tax money on meddling in other countries affairs. But when countries actually NEED help, we only help for as long as it interests us, its all over the news how we help and help for maybe 4 months.... then nothing.

Just look at Haiti, Chile, I dont think we did too much for them after a month or 2. And I don't think we barely did jack shit to help Japan >.>

Agreed.

Usually all we do is pump around a billion or so into relief effort, then send a bunch of "Get Well" cards to whoever asks for them.

Kind of funny really, I suppose we as country think as long as the emergency gets a news coverage, everything will be all right. Was used for Japan's nuke outbreak, when the "News Distortion Squads" showed up and reported that the citizens who had stayed behind were developing "Zombie" like symptoms. T__T!! All we did was put hazard suits and give them best wishes cards.

Playing Biohazard: Nemesis right now on PSP. (I'm fighting the giant worm.)

I guess that could be a plus for our country: What ever happens in the news creates a "Must" play certain video game or watch certain TV show, etc.

When that outbreak happened in Japan there was so much random stuff like how Japan did all that random talk like stuff during their wars and other countries had a grudge =.= Blahs buncha bs, the war is over ppls get over it and help the people who are alive now.

Pros:

-It's save, no hurricanes, earthquakes whatsoever

Cons:

-It is part of the World which will slowly perish. Not in the way that it would disappear, but the World is going to be different with the rise of so many countries (like fx China). Already today my government is cutting down many things and cheap work is on the rise + many other negative things who I don't really want to sum up, but I think if my Grandchildren should have the chances to experience real freedom I should move out of Europe. Maybe this sounds ridiculous, but that is my opinion.

pros :
+almost everything cheap here. hell, even 1 USD you can fullfill ur hunger for one day
+petrol still cheap here. i spend 2.5 USD for my motorcycle each week :p
+it's a small place. you can get almost everything without going too far
+piracy. wtfisdat? even in government, they use piracy OS :D

cons :
-corruption like always
-internet is suck here!

Pro's:
- Tourist friendly
- Weed is legal for the most part xP
- Snow, I like it :3 (In winters ofcourse)
- Multicultural

Con's:
- Laws/Rules are way to soft ._.
- Economy is getting crappier day by day
- Way below sealevel (one tsunami and the country is flooded for 2/3rd and rising sealevel doesnt help much either..)
- Useless vandalism now and then

Pro's:
- Sauna
- COLD Winters (no snow yet though.. and soon it's december..)
- Pretty safe country (as for now)
- Taxpayers pay to government. Government gives money to Kela. Kela supports the nation for a little, and pays for certain stuffs. For example support money for students over 17 of age.(stops though in some amount)
Con's:
- Parliament people suck!
- EU, EU makes some way too stupid directives.
- Really high petrol price(EU..)(tax in petrol too, which makes things worse..)
- Finland has everything quite pricey becouse of EVERYTHING you buy (yes everything) got 23% tax.
- KELA has to give money for People who don't work here, but drink theirself drunk every day of the week = only put their given support money (taxpayers money) to booze and something else.. And there are lot of these kind of people.

Those are the things that come to my mind.. :)

Canada:

Pros:
Stable economy
Low sales tax! (At least in my province anyways :P)
Reasonably safe (even in this city which supposidly has the highest murder rate in the country, because we don't have the 'right' to just wave guns around)
Cultural Diversity
(At one point anyways) well received by other people around the world
Reasonably nice people on average
Not absurdly crowded even in places like Toronto when you look at other major world cities
Comparatively not too painfully expensive to live compared to other similar countries
Freedom of mobility (don't have an overtly oppressive, but its still corrupt government)

Cons:
Cost of living has gone up unreasonably in the last 5 years
Stephen Harper (and most of his cabinet) are a bunch of douchebags
Quebec's constant complaining about wanting transfer payments
Travel to anywhere is EXPENSIVE
Stephen Harper
Oil companies run the government instead of vice versa
Too many people like driving fugly trucks and SUVs to make up for what they lack below (though I guess indicative of USA as well probably)
Anything you can find in the USA, you can also find here marked up 5-20% even though the currency exchange wouldn't indicate otherwise

Trucks and SUVs? I dont notice that :/ Theres a crapload of those stupid new cars that fail in terms of speed and safety but i dont notice that at least not around where i am...

Canada:

Pros:
Stable economy
Low sales tax! (At least in my province anyways :P)
Reasonably safe (even in this city which supposidly has the highest murder rate in the country, because we don't have the 'right' to just wave guns around)
Cultural Diversity
(At one point anyways) well received by other people around the world
Reasonably nice people on average
Not absurdly crowded even in places like Toronto when you look at other major world cities
Comparatively not too painfully expensive to live compared to other similar countries
Freedom of mobility (don't have an overtly oppressive, but its still corrupt government)

Cons:
Cost of living has gone up unreasonably in the last 5 years
Stephen Harper (and most of his cabinet) are a bunch of douchebags
Quebec's constant complaining about wanting transfer payments
Travel to anywhere is EXPENSIVE
Stephen Harper
Oil companies run the government instead of vice versa
Too many people like driving fugly trucks and SUVs to make up for what they lack below (though I guess indicative of USA as well probably)
Anything you can find in the USA, you can also find here marked up 5-20% even though the currency exchange wouldn't indicate otherwise
Yeah... thanks to you fucking albertans.

Pros:
It's nice out here
Cons:
Gordo/Clark and his/her cronies

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.