[Discussions] WOW #1 - March / April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
To [MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION]; With one word 'wow',not the contest name :p .This story is the one that got me the most amazed,I could imagine/dream everything and put myself in protagonist's shoes to feel what he exprienced,it is perfectly written.The way how story continued it got more magical,it had that special aura to it...everything is beautifully written in details.I love to visualize while I read adventure type of novels and dream of feeling being there,this story had that great effect.I can read it over and over again,it never gets boring or tires me while I read.The ending was very sweet,and the whole story it self was very imaginative background to it.Only thing I have a question for is the name of the story.Besides of that it's amazing,very beautifully written.~

Actually Chiaki and Ariya are both female, although I had written it to be vague~ Chiaki is twinny's character though I guess Im sort of just slowly building the world around these two...~ I expect her to be the only one who would understand everything that happened within the story since she is the only one to have read the bits and pieces I tossed together for the world ;p That said... I dont think I have a name yet..~
First person perspective was exactly so it could be easy to connect to the character x3 I tried to make it as realistic as I could although... details would eat away at the word count..~

To [MENTION=97625]JaxxBlaxx[/MENTION]; To be honest,everytime I read your story I experience many feelings and ideas at the same time.It made confused,curious,excited at the same time.Each line I read,the story got more and more interesting.The plot behind is really amazing,and the way you reflected the story to the theme of journey is really enchanting.I have my questions to myself,about many things.Like I was so confused at the start,there was the feeling of 'unknown place' ,like when you feel and wonder 'where am I?'...the line 'I took a look at myself and the rest. I am “different” from them. ' shooked me,then I understood what the story was trying to tell us.The Gate,both as the name of the story and as being of the protagonist,is very clever and significant way of thinking.I could read it many times,and I'm sure I'll have many different questions appearing on my mind again.It was very well written and a captivating story.~

Thanks for your comment! I'm really glad that the story made you feel many things. The whole story was actually based on me looking at some people waiting for a door to open, though the idea expanded into the story it is now, and I actually wrote the first half of it some time back, so it probably went out slightly confusing for you in the beginning, but all in all, I hope that your questions surrounding the story would be resolved~

The whole story was actually based on me looking at some people waiting for a door to open, though the idea expanded into the story it is now, and I actually wrote the first half of it some time back, so it probably went out slightly confusing for you in the beginning, but all in all, I hope that your questions surrounding the story would be resolved~
That almost makes it sound like you didn't actually intend it, but the first thing I had in mind when I read your story was an unnecessarily complex democratic/bureaucratic process. At the risk of sounding political (not that that's what I want; it's just spontaneous), this was all over my head as I kept reading:

More importantly, [MENTION=93850]|♚| KK |♚|[/MENTION]; start adding a space after each punctuation already!

That almost makes it sound like you didn't actually intend it, but the first thing I had in mind when I read your story was an unnecessarily complex democratic/bureaucratic process. At the risk of sounding political (not that that's what I want; it's just spontaneous), this was all over my head as I kept reading:

If I were to say that the story is not entirely intended, that would actually be half-true, since despite the main character turning out to be the gate was initially one of my secondary/back-up ideas, I intended him to be at the very least "special" from the rest. The addition of the voice and some other things were some improvisations I made :P

As for the story giving off a political impression... I have to say that I actually did not expect that nor was it intended (not that it's bad). On the other hand, I was thinking of a grand introduction as the characters were heading/marching towards their "destination"; now that I further reflect on it, I was rather unconsciously basing that part on the journey detailed by the Bible of the Hebrews from Egypt to Canaan...

Reactions: ewebsitecanada
Corocoro’s known for having [...] quite a cute name.
I chuckled at this. It's true: out of the three, you have someone whose name means "complete victory", another whose name is Latin for "fire", and a third one whose name sounds... kinda cute, actually. /me braces for impact.

At any rate, it's a pretty nice entry :) I thought a story centred on ASF itself and the community that composes it was a niche that could be filled, and here you delivered just that.

Thanks for everybody who participated til now!

[MENTION=65000]ancer_nyaa[/MENTION]; I really like your entry, glad to have you here ~

Hello everyone, today I'll be talking about 'judge system' that we're going to use for choosing the winner. Though this system can change in the future depending on people. Well anyways, first I want to tell the reason behind why we decided to judge other than making a voting. Since this contest is way more personal than SoTM, voting system would be odd to make it so judging sounds more fair for each person.

Now onto how this will work, we'll be working with points with judging each entry respectively. To put it simple, at the moment there are 5 entries and we'll write a review on each entry while give points 1 to 5. The highest point is 5 and the lowest is 1. Point amount will change depending on entry number.

I hope this helps to remove some of the question marks if anyone had on their mind.

I and KK will serve as judges for at least this round. As KK said, we'll be appraising each entry in a manner not unlike writing a review. While we're not perfect and our preferences or biases may colour our judgement whether or not we realise it, we think each and every entry deserves an elaborate commentary that mere numbers through a simple voting process won't do enough justice.

That said, this is still experimental. We do want to have some sort of a public voting process in the next rounds as well; we're just not sure yet how we should do it in a way that will be appreciative enough to the entries and not dismiss them as mere numbers. If anyone has any questions or even suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.