Visual Novel Cafe

thanks to puma here... our cafe is not dead anymore...

right now im playing DOUBLE that i just finished re-download this morning

Is there any chance of getting a board instead of just a sub board for talking about visual novels? For example, I just finished playing the English translation of period and would like to share my comments but if I did it on this sub board, I would have to search through all the messages looking for period related message. I would also like to have a place for posting reviews on visual novels or getting opinions on a title before I start. If we could get a board like this I would be more than happy to get it going with threads on all my favorite visual novels. This type of board just seems like it would be a natural for this site.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Is there any chance of getting a board instead of just a sub board for talking about visual novels? For example, I just finished playing the English translation of period and would like to share my comments but if I did it on this sub board, I would have to search through all the messages looking for period related message. I would also like to have a place for posting reviews on visual novels or getting opinions on a title before I start. If we could get a board like this I would be more than happy to get it going with threads on all my favorite visual novels. This type of board just seems like it would be a natural for this site.

Thanks,
Jeffrey
You can write anything that has something to do with visual novels in this thread. It doesn't matter if this are questions, opinions, etc. etc., as long as you use the spoiler-function for spoiler :P
There's no problem if you write your opinion (review) here.

Maybe you can open a new thread in the Eroge Corner. I don't know if the admins agree, but I think if you don't overdo it, it's OK :)

In addition, there is the "Advanced Search" if you want to search for posts only (and more). If you only type in a keyword in the search, you find the latest hits with your keyword. For example, if you type "period", my post should be near the top of the list now :D

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey I think you will find there isn't that many places on the internet u will be able to do what u described above. At least the thing u described certainly does not exist here. U can try some of these places:
Anime and Manga - Other Titles (good) http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles
Visual Novel Conversations at TVTropes (a bit deserted) http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/conversations.php?topic=viznovels
VNDB.org forums (NOT recommended. they are very unpleasant to newcomers) http://vndb.org/t/all
Erogegames.com forums (Exceptionally good) http://erogegames.com/
Animesuki.com games forums (Occasionally a thread will appear on the topic you seek. Occasionally...) http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Erojiji forums (started by the craneanime.com ppl. they are remarkably nice guys, the culture is not bad, it skews young but.) http://www.erojiji.net/
4chan.org /jp/ (highly not recommended unless u know the culture well, also its not really for the kind of conversations u seek) http://boards.4chan.org/jp/
forums.fuwanovel.org (i actually had a few hundred members and a few thousand posts but the founder of TLWiki hacked into my server and deleted everything and it was my first server & i didnt have an admin so no backups. lol. but yea once i launch the website i want to make the forums there match exactly what you were seeking) http://forums.fuwanovel.org
Various Anime or Gaming Boards There is almost definitely 1 or 2 visual novel threads littered across the thousands of anime boards across the web like animenewsnetwork, Neoseeker, Neogaf, anime-sharing, u name it. Theyre not VN specialized, but... where is?

hey I forgot about Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/

They appear like this http://brokenforum.com/index.php?threads/let’s-play-never7-the-end-of-infinity.3143/

there's 1 or 2 other places floating in my head and im trying to remember where they were... (frustrated by bad short term memory)..

I forgot about Hongfire http://www.hongfire.com/ u could find some talk there

There's also Nihonomaru http://forum.nihonomaru.com same as hongfire

Also there's Sakurahana http://sakurahana.com/forum/visual-novels-library/ (i accidentally gotten IP banned by them)

SGcafe has some talk... maybe just a little... dont really know it well enough http://forums.sgcafe.com/other-games/

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Creating new topics discussing specific VN is not forbidden. People use this topic more like Twitter where they mention what they are playing, what they are waiting for, etc.. If you wish to discuss specific VNs more deeply, by all means create new topics.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know there's lots of forums all over the internet, but since I started hanging out here a couple of months ago, It's just kind of become my home. I really like it here. Regardless of what I've posted, I've never been flamed and there have always been others who have unselfishly helped me whenever I've made a request. Also, this site is pretty quick and it's not littered with advertising. There's a few other site I visit for specific things, but this place is my main hangout.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Twitt: Chillin' playin' [MENTION=25030]ito[/MENTION]dori no Sekai! Hope there will be no more error @1200 in my other games! (insert link of hipster photo with the lap and a starbucks coffe)

Well that could turn out well, just stay away of the abbusive of twitter like : "taking a @sh*t! While playing Dies Irae!" (that won't turn out good).

Erogames is mostly for english games isn't it?
Hongfire! It's been ages since I last visited it, probably around the time everything went black and there was no page whatsoever. Nihonomaru as well, although I never like the black-orange appareance (I know you can change, but as default theme it wasn't really appealing).

PS: does anybody knows if Koichoco is in any translation list for an english version? 'cause I know the anime will do the same as Hoshizora (hope it doesn't) so I want to play the heroine I like (Satsuki!Satsuki!Satsuki!).

uwahaha yomejuu is actually fairly funny. had very very low expectations

[MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION] thanks for the suggestions. will finish hanihani but it seems old games have expiry date for me D: liking lovelyxcation atm though

PS: does anybody knows if Koichoco is in any translation list for an english version? 'cause I know the anime will do the same as Hoshizora (hope it doesn't) so I want to play the heroine I like (Satsuki!Satsuki!Satsuki!).
Seems like there's no one working on a translation of Koichoco so far. Maybe it's a secret project, I don't know. Most of the english projects are listed here.

Seems like there's no one working on a translation of Koichoco so far. Maybe it's a secret project, I don't know. Most of the english projects are listed here.

Noooo! And Koiiro doesn't work as well! Well I could search for some info about the h-codes but they are probably in japanese and we get to the main problem...But one of these days, one of these days!

Right now I'm giving a try on Itodori no Sekai as well (I'm multitask), just starting but looks really promising. It was in the ranking of getchu as well if I recall.

hmm... not much to be expected from this month game except イモウトノカタチ 初回限定版

aside from that are just nukige! well non-ero will be still dominated by 東京バベル 初回限定版

while next month will be one hell of a wave to come, here's some list that i would recommend
Eroge:

九十九の奏~欠け月の夜想曲~ come highly recommended, from the maker of Ruitomo, Saeki Hokuto-sensei!

竜翼のメロディア -Diva with the blessed dragonol- after 2 years, another whirlpool game with Tenmaso as it's ilustrator

彼女(あのコ)はオレからはなれない judging by the synopsis... it's look promising

かみデレ a gamble, Candysoft sometimes can be a landmine, but i think the synopsis is quite interesting

Re:birth colony -Lost azurite- also comes with highly recommended

Zero Infinity -Devil of Maxwell- 初回版 Light! from the same staff that brings you Dies Irae, nothing else to be explain further!

門を守るお仕事 softhouse chara, nothing more to be explained!

追奏のオーグメント mystery themed!

LOVELY QUEST 初回版 hook soft!!!

辻堂さんの純愛ロード 初回版 from the one who brought you Majikoi and Tsuyokiss! anyone want to have a yankee as a girlfriend?

Nukige:

母娘乱館 Min-Naraken and Alicesoft... do i need to make myself clear?

甘え母 希美「だめよ、そんなにお母さんを求めないで……」 Overdose games!

ごっくんアスリート! 巨乳メダリストのおしゃぶり強化合宿

Last edited:
Reactions: Benny1 and kactaplb
Forget it, I just found out that is is a Light Novel, and not a Visual Novel. Since it was drawn by Carnelian I thought that it could be a VN, but no... anyway, thanks for looking into it. And now, you have seen a "TRAP" by Carnelian ^^

Forget it, I just found out that is is a Light Novel, and not a Visual Novel. Since it was drawn by Carnelian I thought that it could be a VN, but no... anyway, thanks for looking into it. And now, you have seen a "TRAP" by Carnelian ^^

well... if it's trap by Carnelian, Kao no nai Tsuki 2 is categorized as one!

By the way, I'm looking for this types of games:
-yaoi, crossdressing, nice art, etc.

can somebody tell me a list of games this with this characteristics? (it doesn't matter if there is a trap or trap protagonist.)

By the way, I'm looking for this types of games:
-yaoi, crossdressing, nice art, etc.

can somebody tell me a list of games this with this characteristics? (it doesn't matter if there is a trap or trap protagonist.)
What do you mean with "nice art"? Everyone has a different taste about "art" :) Maybe you can give me an example.

Yaoi:

Togainu no Chi, also in English ... that's also the only Yaoi I know, Yaoi isn't my speciality :D

Crossdressing:

Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate - The Code Name is "Shield 9", two routes are translated already, but the translation is inactive for a while now, therefore I think it's better to play it with ITH. Trap protagonist and trap!
Hana to Otome ni Shukufuku wo, unfortunately no translation. There's also a fandisc, Hana to Otome ni Shukufuku o Royal Bouquet. Trap protagonist.
Heart de Roommate, translation released by G-Collections. Trap protagonist.
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, translation still active and will be released by MangaGamer. Trap protagonist.
Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu, my list just got longer, and there's a fandisc too -_- Trap protagonist.

I mean by nice art among the line of Nounai Kanajo's works or Cage's... Anyway, I played all those games and Togainu is something that I didn't like the art but the story was good. Anyway, thanks for the list ^^
What I'm looking for is games like Togainu (full yaoi) but with traps (being a character or the protagonist), something among this lines...

trap game? that maou x darjeeling game /me flees
jkjk. still have nightmare over that one.

dont play trap games and most other game just has joke trap chara. although i always hear good things about puma mention otomeboku and sequel.

trap game? that maou x darjeeling game /me flees
jkjk. still have nightmare over that one.

dont play trap games and most other game just has joke trap chara. although i always hear good things about puma mention otomeboku and sequel.

Was there a trap heroine there?! I just went to catch Sarasa and then fly, fly high! and let...but I know why it wasn't a good game for many people.

About trap games, I just remember right now Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas and Kimi to Boku to Eden no Ringo. By the way, the second one has Carnelian as the artist, so you said you wanted good art eh?
Yaoi games I don't know any, but the thing I know is that I shall never lay a keyboard in the Nitro+Chiral games.

^yea they added route for shinobu after the trial game release. that game is the reason why i dont play trials anymore lol. trials are a lie. give me back my youth and innocence!

[MENTION=10527]H4T5UK1[/MENTION] oh this reminds me, bloom handle had a decent trap route! go play! natsuiro was it?

Completed the common route of Prima Stella (yeah, only the common route) and now I'm going for Tomoe's > Miyabi's > Shizuka's route. After this I'll play Pri Sara.

PS: I need definitely more leisure time :crushed:

Completed the common route of Prima Stella (yeah, only the common route) and now I'm going for Tomoe's > Miyabi's > Shizuka's route. After this I'll play Pri Sara.

PS: I need definitely more leisure time :crushed:

so, did you enjoy prima stella? i hope you do

right now, im playing princess knight...
playing old games is sure's bring back memories... and also give you a feeling that you gets old :donefor:

so, did you enjoy prima stella? i hope you do

right now, im playing princess knight...
playing old games is sure's bring back memories... and also give you a feeling that you gets old :donefor:
Yeah, it's really good so far, thx :) But they could change the Kusumi route with a Yuu route, I don't like Kusumi that much :D

[MENTION=13204]pumasrevenge[/MENTION] well.... you'll get Yuu Route on the Prima Stella omake... and the true end for Yuu in Prisara

well... Kusumi characteristic aren't really good, but i'd daresay she's the hottest of all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

tamanah wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/books/work/=/product_id/BJ01441059.html

BugBug 2024年6月号 [DL版]

Thanks in advance!!
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[210526][屁理屈流通センター] 生えてるから好き! ふたなりレズカップルの何も着ない一日 [RJ328844]

Please reup the above post, Thanks in Advance
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ328237 RJ01059126 links are dead, please could you reupload these?