Visual Novel Cafe

Well most anticipated =/= good title, unfortunately.
Plot is repetitive and there is only one real route, battle system becomes a chore, (still) lack of animation varieties, characters are horribly unbalanced, and the game doesn't really pick up until later half when
story becomes Yumina-centric.
And after all is said and done, the ending is seriously unsatisfactory and rushed.

Just like Orisa said. I really hated the Ending, it was like... "Why does it ends here...?" but well my policy says that I must play a game before saying anything about it, enterily, copleting it 100% or rather +90%.

Kami, I really don't lnow what to say to you... I played the three when the 3rd was released (That was the time when I got trapped by VN's) And now that the first one was re-released I just got the feeling for playing it again. So, if you want to wait.... you'll have to wait more time that I did, I recommend you play the first part ([120127] version) and if you can't wait, play the other two, but if you can, wait for the releases.

It's all up to your pacience, I myself, can't wait for the other three XD

Corona crashed my pathetic laptop which couldnt support its 3-D effects.... i think.

Anycase, the story transition wasnt as smooth as I liked, but its not accurate coming from me who barely crossed the first battle. So, maybe gaku-ou, though I am too, backlogged it for whatever reasons unknown.

Feb games count got cut by 2, so I will go back to backlogs.

/me disappears like a bug

Just like Orisa said. I really hated the Ending, it was like... "Why does it ends here...?" but well my policy says that I must play a game before saying anything about it, enterily, copleting it 100% or rather +90%.

Kami, I really don't lnow what to say to you... I played the three when the 3rd was released (That was the time when I got trapped by VN's) And now that the first one was re-released I just got the feeling for playing it again. So, if you want to wait.... you'll have to wait more time that I did, I recommend you play the first part ([120127] version) and if you can't wait, play the other two, but if you can, wait for the releases.

It's all up to your pacience, I myself, can't wait for the other three XD

Patience, mmmm I think I made a joke about it some post before. But oh well, right now I got some others thing like finish some anime of my backlog and to watch House since it's already finished. And a little of ...minecraft from time to time...
So yeah I'll wait for the finish release, hope it's not in the same month as the new game from eushully since I won't be playing any other game that month probably....

Started to play Corona during the weekend. I can tell why orisa told me to go with Gaku-Ou. Just past Muriel's route (?). Plot is shallow still, the game manages to be entertaining only for the gameplay and characters. The lacks of proper routes for the side characters is a drawback, could use a fandisk for Kumi and Anastasia...

Playing PSS. I seriously f*cking hate the battle system this time around.
Original was so nice and simple, but they just had to go and add unnecessary elements to it. Y they do dis?!?!
I mean some new elements are actually pretty nice (EX attack variety, chanting, etc.), but others really only benefit the bosses who usually already have more than 10x the player's health and almost double the levels...It doesn't help that you can't even choose the battle members so you won't have the skills you need.
And making it easy mode takes all the fun out because you don't really do anything and let the AI take care of all.

And the final boss (for Venus Embryo) is f*cking imba. I even tried it in easy mode and lost. Wtf. Finally finished in normal mode after like 14 retries...orz

At least the stories and characters are still fun. Too bad about the battle system since it was one of my favorite features of the original.

Probably a bit late to the party but I just finished G Senjou. Awesome VN. I found some of the routes lacking since they finish the VN pretty quickly but Haru is the "true" ending. Her route was just amazing. Really enjoyed it.

You're going to be trapped again... And you know it... but, I must say that little f****** game it's addictive...

Worry not, for some reason the game starts to slow down while playing and is so annoying that I just close it and stop play. I think it broke, maybe. So I will be back to get caught by Infinity Blade II.

Probably a bit late to the party but I just finished G Senjou. Awesome VN. I found some of the routes lacking since they finish the VN pretty quickly but Haru is the "true" ending. Her route was just amazing. Really enjoyed it.
Companion, I just finished some weeks ago too and yeah Haru's route was amazing!!!! I even kinda forgot of the others route characters. And that part with the background song "Close your eyes" from Ayane is soooo epic I just can't stop of re-reading it from time to time. And the epilogue.....I couldn't ask for something else there. Heartwarming isn't even close.

Companion, I just finished some weeks ago too and yeah Haru's route was amazing!!!! I even kinda forgot of the others route characters. And that part with the background song "Close your eyes" from Ayane is soooo epic I just can't stop of re-reading it from time to time. And the epilogue.....I couldn't ask for something else there. Heartwarming isn't even close.

Yeah the songs were amazing in this. The epilogue was also awesome. I thought the story was going in a whole different way but those last 2 minutes made me tear up.
When Haru named the daughter after Kyosuke's dead sister, I nearly cried. I know technically they didn't say her name but you pretty much know thats what happened

Yeah the songs were amazing in this. The epilogue was also awesome. I thought the story was going in a whole different way but those last 2 minutes made me tear up.
When Haru named the daughter after Kyosuke's dead sister, I nearly cried. I know technically they didn't say her name but you pretty much know thats what happened

Yeah I thought the same!, well it was the second time I finished when I remembered: Oh, her was there too...But before I have thought of her artistical name or her mother's name I think.
About the songs...what can I say, classical musical will always be epic.

Quote: "For all those objects, liquids and the likes, because they made the protagonist to push down the heroine to the ground, thank you so much."

Last edited:
:sigh:

^ My reactions exactly when I saw news that mangagamers were trying to rope in more japanese eroges for english translations, especially when I saw Kamikaze Explorer as a potential title. I cant care less about JASTUSA, but mangagamers got really ambitious. Not that I hate this, but somehow, the feeling just doesnt sit right in me, after completing Kamikaze Explorer myself, and finding out that people are trying to license it in english.

Its like... gaijins are gonna get more when they dont try to play japanese games themselves. Kinda repulsive.

Then again, 2 minutes later when I thought again, I am a gaijin too. :vulture:

The irony.......

I know the feeling. I don't want to be elitist (especially being a weeaboo myself..) but I still feel eroge is irrevocably tied and unique to japanese culture. It's almost disrespectful if you don't at least try to learn and immerse yourself. It's not like books, movies, or anime which can cross culture jump much easier. I'm not against localizations, but I'll give up all hope when they try to english "dub" an eroge...

Anyways, just finished nanatoki. Amazing end, but like etudes last game, it had pacing problems in the middle. Also I demand route for nada senpai, gwen, and hyouko. Off to finish irosekai~

watching Onegai Teacher from the old-school series (ForTheWin!)...Any VNs from your list that has a teacher's route??? Lovely x Cation may be for references (the teachers, not the dating-sim like part)

Agh!!! I was Just Playing Tiny Dungeon B&W and got the Patchless game error!! WTH!? Why they didn't even Update the Game's data with the patch!? ¬¬UU That was unexpected and really Troublesome Rosebleu Guys...

P.S: I Had to Replay all the 20 Hours of game in Skip mode (Around 1 and a half hour....) Pitiful, seriously...

gah! this stupid VN... you dig my injury, kou :foreveralone:
really... this VN didn't worth the wait at that time!

May be your expectations are too high? I thought it was pretty good and reviews and EGS scores are pretty high too lol, but >opinions.

Last edited:

Guuuu....Close enough. Finished Already. But yeah that is indeed a great sensei. Tenshinranman too is already finished...a little S but still a sensei.
Epic Win: "That day, I married my Sensei."

gah! this stupid VN... you dig my injury, kou
really... this VN didn't worth the wait at that time!

Well it was not something amazing either but the characters were very likeable even to have a two-protagonist. Good thing there is no heroine-sharing.

Last edited:
Lol, at least it isn't a kusoge like FCKING TEA (yes, I still mad at that game).

Well, while I do a re-read of the games I have to search for a teacher, or in its case an onee-san (type or blood-related); if I remember one that has a onee-chan teacher character I'll go right there; I will finish once a for all Madoka Magica, after casting aside my rule against one-gender cast for...well everything, I WILL...

May be your expectations are too high? I thought it was pretty good and reviews and EGS scores are pretty high too lol, but >opinions.

maybe... but who isn't expecting it high, the game was a never ending delay for over 2.5 years... while it goodies keep being release for milking more money, thanks to that hiqo soft is one of my blacklisted company now. look at the sakura sakura FD already delayed for half a year now...

Lol, at least it isn't a kusoge like FCKING TEA (yes, I still mad at that game).

if you mean by marmalade game "kiss x maou x daarjeling" yes it is a kusoge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

PSXXY wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
您好 能不能上传对魔忍CD的ZZZ-00050和ZZZ-00051?谢谢
Suzu鈴 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Could you reupload this except Rapidgator please?
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Excuse me, is it possible to update this one? Since a whole month had passed, it should be its final update.
堕ちた忍姫セツナ to Ver1.02