[Discussions] SOTM#22 - November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entries will be approved soon~^^

Yay! Winter theme :runhappy: Definitely joining this SOTM :3

I replace the uploaded i made one with Konoe Tsurugi :)

Entry posted :3

Also, [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION] ; what anime is she from? :o

『Hmmmm... Might join this one if I get some free time and will which is pretty much impossible xD』

finally entered c': ♥ though just a bit of a heads up, since im kinda on a gfx block, the quote may change in the next few days XD
(its way too bulky!!) and i may have messed with the colours too much ouo it looks all grey OTL

I uploaded my creation too *laugh*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will I even get one vote for me this time? Probably no, cus I suck >_<

It's worth a try. :)

Well, I don't know whether this is the proper place to say these things. Anyway.

The Rules say:

---------------------
Special Rules for SOTM:
* Images should be either in .png or .gif format.

---------------------

And as far as I see, the 3rd entry (by Leia) and the 6th entry (by taengoo) seem to be Jpeg format. It's against the Rule.

I have checked several minutes ago again, but their format is still jpeg. Not gif, neither png.
This may disqualify the entries. So you had better to replace the entry with gif or png version.

And I felt some question. The theme of this time SOTM is "Winter". Some entries do not seem to have "the theme Winter" for me.
Some are really very good graphics works, but they do not seem to contain or imply the message or theme of "Winter".
Of course, subjective impression. The image or pictorial impression of "winter" may be different from those authors'.

_ mrd

Those are just recommended formats.^^
And yes, the theme interpretation depends on the siggy-maker.~ That's why even we put on a theme every month, we're still flexible about it. ;)

I don't see the problem bing a jpeg or jpg file if the user wasn't to make the round to be in transparent, don't see why not to be in jpeg/jpg file. Backward the siggy will be even les kb size in comparison of the uncompressed image png files that other people are uploading.

There maybe must be a fault of the Rules! And maybe it should be contain the jpeg/jpg file!

Also i can't understand where you see siggys without theme winter, yeah maybe some of them haven't but that it's just of the creators sides how they want to express the winter theme.

I think this disqualify it can be done by the votes of the forum :) I think the SOTM isn't just something to be famous or just to win the price! Why people see that as a competition, and not as more as having fun creating signatures, and for other people a way to learn how to make signature and also to watch the reaction and the commentaries of each work.

I'll take note of that. :) But don't worry about the file format because it's flexible. Unlike the siggy size, that limit was not just decided by me but with the admins too. And I like your last statement. SOTM is indeed not just competition.^^

i'll do my best with it ...
hmm when will be the last date for giving the sotm ?!
BTW ..

No deadline yet. :)

Since the submissions Thread are not close now, I will send out my enrty >.<

I've post my entry I hope I made it? since the thread haven't close yet... :reallyconfused:

Pekie and Chiru, your entries are valid. Approved entries will be posted soon.

Lol where ish pinky anyhow~

Hiding somewhere.... Hahahaha. :]]

^ at home? :v

Shhhhh... That's supposed to be a secret! ;]

Well, I don't know whether this is the proper place to say these things. Anyway.

The Rules say:

---------------------
Special Rules for SOTM:
* Images should be either in .png or .gif format.

---------------------

And as far as I see, the 3rd entry (by Leia) and the 6th entry (by taengoo) seem to be Jpeg format. It's against the Rule.

I have checked several minutes ago again, but their format is still jpeg. Not gif, neither png.
This may disqualify the entries. So you had better to replace the entry with gif or png version.

And I felt some question. The theme of this time SOTM is "Winter". Some entries do not seem to have "the theme Winter" for me.
Some are really very good graphics works, but they do not seem to contain or imply the message or theme of "Winter".
Of course, subjective impression. The image or pictorial impression of "winter" may be different from those authors'.

_ mrd

so sorry, being bombarded with exams and work i'd wish i have only found the time to see this message sooner. i have to admit, although i did see those rules in the past, i had not taken note of it until, well pretty much this morning. due to a force of habit, after making the extremely distasteful signature (if i may say so myself) i had naturally saved it as a jpg file as i had figured that sotm had allowed all kinds of signatures be it a png, gif or simply a whole solid graphic (which can be pretty much saved within any format) as long as it were within the file limit. although i do understand where your coming from, and if i were to be disqualified i would also understand that and would also be happy to withdraw, as it were my fault on that part, however on taengoo's part as a first time entry i believe they do not deserve to disqualified as everybody makes mistakes every now and then. where i on the other hand had always been making jpg entries including the one you see above. hence only being fair for me to get disqualified.

with me being this late this time around, i doubt it'd be fair for me to change my entry to simply save myself from getting disqualified. if it were to be allowed then so be it, if it were to be disqualified then so be it, i'll just let this stand as a warning and remainder to myself in the future. and well, i don't really wish to be allowed to remain due to bias, so really since it was against the rule i am willing to accept all O/ ♥ thank you for pointing that out though, since it actually quite saves me a lot in the future ouo ♥
[MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; i kind of felt like you were standing up for me, so i just wanted to say thank you :'3 ♥

(oh and i know that pinky said it was quite flexible but if it was the rule and if it was to be fair, again i'd totally understand it c:)

nice sig [MENTION=66617]Dere2shoujo[/MENTION];..but you should upload it with

tinypic or other similar site, not with attachment:)

Reactions: Dere2shoujo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.