Nyaa situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nyaa Offline, Possibly for Good?!>!

Nyaa is out because of his domain owner. He did that choice, probably this is because of the Sentence on the Case Filmspeler by EU Court (a sentence, not a law), and for the Case Vaulin, the owner of kickass torrent, arrested by international mandatory.
If these are the reason, goodbye nyaa...

It was the best place to download lossless music in FLAC. The Anime Sharing music database packlist has not been updated in over a year. Really hope it will come back up, it was pretty much the only place I got my music. Audio4U will have to do for now.

latest update: nyaa sent an email and confirmed it's gone for good. and yes, it was due to the EU ruling. and no, db is almost surely wiped.

From their own irc, rip dead for good.

latest update: nyaa sent an email and confirmed it's gone for good. and yes, it was due to the EU ruling. and no, db is almost surely wiped.

From their own irc, rip dead for good.

Oh man... I still wanted to believe it was only temporary. I feel like a druggie that just heard his most reliable dealer has been arrested! :chuuni_bwaaah:

Well, with Nyaa being gone, that means having to go and hunt each and every sub group's page down for the torrent/magnet links...which is a fucking pain. -.- As long as there's a will, though, there's a way. I, for one, don't like Crunchyroll, for their horrid bitrate and constant ads. Even if I did subscribe to it, it's still damn expensive just for access to anime in better quality...where as you can torrent it at the same, for nothing. =3=
Here's hoping that another good site pops up soon. TokyoTosho is down due to either A) Tons of traffic....or....hopefully not B) For good.

Biggest blow to the anime community...
The part that hurts the most is the older series can't be retrieved anymore...

But they will come back under another name, or is good to the best web to download torrents ???????

Or is it just temporary and looking for another host?

There is none that reaches the sole of the shoes at sukebei.nyaa.eu and much less to download doujins of all kinds

Well, with Nyaa being gone now, it's going to make it that much harder to download any H-Games, or any anime from seasons past. Magnet links notwithstanding, not having a reliable tracker is going to kill torrenting for a bit until another site comes up. However, so long as they can find a country that doesn't give a shit about hosting, well, things can happen.

Just tried it now and it's working for me. I really dislike Horriblesubs so any other option is wonderful. I really do hope that someone else decides to host nyaa and gets its backups and data so all isn't just lost, but that could by months or a year from now tbh

It seems at the time they were being DDoSed...which is why it appeared down for me. They seem to have abated the issue by using cloudfare "I'm under attack" setting.

I am French and I learned some things from safe sources. It's the French animation publishers (wakanim, Anime Digital Network ...) who are leagued against nyaa and who have managed to stop the site thanks to European laws. I do not yet have the name of the organization that suspended the domain but it is very likely that the administrator of nyaa has been arrested or is going to be arrested very soon.

We have to be careful because publishers like Wakanim are always tracking the site that distributes their license, in French or not ... (even the raws ...) and since this editor belongs mostly to Aniplex, I bet that it is the Japanese publishers who act on these sites by using European laws through the French publishers.

Personally, I would recommend to anime-sharing to remove the anime section if they do not want problems like what is undergoing nyaa right now. For the hentai games, artbook ... we have no editors specialized in these markets for the moment in France (and that belong to Japanese companies) so there is no worry at the moment. But sites like horriblesubs for example may be affected also in the months to come ...

There are days when I regret to be French. I buy my series but I also like to own them for free while waiting for it to come out in bluray ... (and often, the English translation is better than the French translations).

PS : I apologize for my English, I still have a lot of effort to do in writing ^^

Here's the problem with Aniplex. They massively overcharge for all of the series they own, which leads people to torrent their stuff in massive numbers. Would you pay 90$ for 3-4 episodes of Sword Art Online season 1, when you can torrent it for 0$ aside from ISP fees? No, I'm sure you wouldn't, lol. Now, whether or not another site pops up soon that can host the massive amounts of stuff that was on Nyaa, and Subeki (noooooo! D: ), we'll see. I miss getting all my doujin's from Subeki, since this site doesn't host anywhere near the number.

Also, here's an article on the subject, written by an ANN staff member...note the bias, lol.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-05-03/.115631

Last edited:

from - http://vagabondedlife.tumblr.com/post/160282711926/nyaapocalypse-faq

NYAAPOCALYPSE FAQ

NOTICE: KEEP SEEDING YOU RETARD

NOTICE: REMEMBER TO ENABLE DHT, THAT’S HOW THIS SHIT IS WORKING IN THE FIRST PLACE

Official Nyaapocalypse FAQ LINKS FOR THE REPLACEMENT/MIRROR

Nyaa

- nyaa.pantsu.cat

Sukebei

- sukebei.pantsu.cat

WHAT HAPPENED?

- nyaa.se and associated domains (such nyaatorrents.info) went offline on May 01, 2017. - They were deactivated, so it’s not a DDoS attack like usual. - Future prospects for nyaa are not looking good. - There is a recovery effort taking place.

IS EVERYTHING LOST?

In short, No.

ARE SOME THINGS LOST?

We have a database of the torrents on nyaa up to April 5. That means that everything past April 5 is gone. Sukebei, however is in worse shape. We only have sukebei databases up to 2016.

HOW ARE WE RECOVERING?

The aforementioned databases are being hosted at nyaa.pantsu.cat and sukebei.pantsu.cat. There is a search function, and (almost) full nyaa functionality should be coming soon. Unfortunately, due to the lack of a tracker and no plans to make one, seeder/leecher statistics will not be restored.

WAIT. IF THE TRACKER IS DOWN, HOW ARE THE TORRENTS STILL WORKING?

Even if the trackers are down, seeders are still connected to the decentralized DHT network. As long as the file is listed on the DHT network, business should carry on as usual.

HOW DO I USE THESE TORRENTS?

Just use the magnet link. The magnet link will be used by your BitTorrent client to look up the file on the DHT network and it should download just fine. If your magnet link starts with “magnet:magnet:”, delete the first “magnet:”. It should look like: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:[hash]&dn=[name]&tr=[tracker]

HOW CAN I HELP?

If you have website development expertise, you can join the #nyaapantsu IRC channel on irc.rizon.net. If you have any current databases, UPLOAD THEM.

Here's the problem with Aniplex. They massively overcharge for all of the series they own, which leads people to torrent their stuff in massive numbers. Would you pay 90$ for 3-4 episodes of Sword Art Online season 1, when you can torrent it for 0$ aside from ISP fees? No, I'm sure you wouldn't, lol. Now, whether or not another site pops up soon that can host the massive amounts of stuff that was on Nyaa, and Subeki (noooooo! D: ), we'll see. I miss getting all my doujin's from Subeki, since this site doesn't host anywhere near the number.

Also, here's an article on the subject, written by an ANN staff member...note the bias, lol.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-05-03/.115631

Plus to further push those prices they let their stuff go out of print for artificial scarcity (which they seem to have their small US operation do as well), something virtually none of the other publishers do, especially the main US publishers who keep stuff in print for a long time.
As someone who buys a shit ton of anime releases. that purposeful out-of-print grinds my gears.

For example, Funimation never would have let either version of Fullmetal go out of print, and yet it's currently out of print since Aniplex took back the license and wouldn't renew it again, despite Funimation clearly being one of the bigger reasons for its success.

Last edited:

The worst thing about it is they know people hate them for it, and don't give a shit. When confronted about it over Twitter/Facebook by fans, their response was pretty much "Lol, Poorfags, go buy it for massive prices."
That's pretty bad PR, lol.

uncensor all the latest hentai then we'll talk...seems they can't

Edit.

Glad to see they're up in a new Nyaa Pantsu :)

i agree with you on that one, tbh i go to Nyaa most of it just to get VNs yep just VN, i just know until recently(April last month) that they r uploading the animes raw, subs etc,. Nyaa is like Library to me A to Z . by reading this i think the site got deactivated because of the Anime licensors which is i think Anime-sharing perhaps should avoid bringing anime into their site for their own good and for us too, i dont know if Anime-Sharing is popular on Majority but i know Nyaa is quite popular that they stands out enough for some laws to notice them thanks to Anime which is more popular among communities beside Galge and the others.

Edit: me being afraid of being sued by user who usually downloaded Anime here, i dont mind for animes if the site doesn't ended like that just hoping that i can download and seed the VN again*fullstop* :D

Last edited:

According to the latest update on HorribleSubs.info, "However, some seemingly capable people have reached out to me and said they're looking to build a full NT replacement. We will wait for that, which is hopefully soon."

I don't know who is trying to take the torch, but if they need donations, I'm sure as hell in! I might be a lurker, but Nyaa was a home to me for many years.

As it seems Nyaa has been taken down by it´s owner voluntarily to prevent trouble for him ref. to the decision of the European Court of Justice reg. the criminalization of linking to material of pirated content. This was the content of a message spread on Nyaa IRC channel by the Nyaa staff.

So any hopes that the site might come back (soon) are in vain, at least for the moment...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyaa_Torrents

Last edited:
Reactions: EchelonV

The creator of nyaa just got too paranoid. He wasn't really in any danger of being arrested, but took it all down without giving anyone a warning to back it up. Just a dick move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

remanen wrote on viniamin's profile.
hi, do you think it would be possible to reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]
remanen wrote on Esan's profile.
hello, do you think its possible to reupload this game?
remanen wrote on Shine's profile.
hi, do you think you can reupload this game?
TasogareHentai wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Sorry, can you please look at my requests and tell if you have it? Thanks in advance, and sorry for disturb.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-211210-rj361498-tentacle-works-テンタクルワークス-賢者ちゃんとhな触手.1392118/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-231104-rj01109498-takotubo-タコツボ-つくよヴィレッジ.1397470/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-misotake-みそテイク-multiple-games.1404036/
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturbing, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.