Megaupload.com taken down by the FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

corocoro

I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar!
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
Topic pretty much explains itself.

Related news blurb: http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...egauploadcom/2012/01/19/gIQAJPIRBQ_story.html

While I don't particularly like MU, I'm still rooting for them -if only so they can set a landmark decision keeping better hosts from sharing their fate. Interesting timing, by the way... One day after large-scale protests against SOPA, one of the bigger players in filehosting goes down. :whistle:

Hopefully filehosts will move out of the US and move their domain name to a non-US controlled one. It's sad to see MU go, but I'm sure other site will take its place.

yeah i noticed (was going to dl until all of a sudden nothing but error was came -.-)

i actually once wanted to buy premium for MU now im kinda happy i did not -.-
but i still hope they can come back somehow

I like megaupload, even with a non premium account I'm still offered with decent download speed and only 25s waiting, no waiting time between download. Sad to see they got taken down.

Now the question is, who's next? And how far it's gonna go when SOPA/PIPA is officially approved?

That is one major setback for me who actually upload on Megaupload. >_>
Its like a direct hit to the heart. D:
Oh well, will try to move on and find other filehost.

As for the vote over SOPA/PIPA it should take place next week on January 23th if I remember.

MU down... damm.. I get very good speed from downloading at MU. I hope they climb back online soon~!

Btw which filehost are hosted out of US to be sfe from SOPA/PIPA? Filesonic i hope~ As it is the most used at the anime download section.

As for the vote over SOPA/PIPA it should take place next week on January 23th if I remember.
January 24.

Code:
http://wyden.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/letter-to-internet.pdf

Btw which filehost are hosted out of US to be sfe from SOPA/PIPA?
None of the major ones are US-based, iirc. MU however does/did have datacentres in Washington.

celebrities, musicians and other content producers who are most often the victims of copyright infringement and piracy.
celebrities, musicians and other content producers who are most often the victims of copyright infringement and piracy.

Triple quoted for hilarity.
Face -> desk

RIP Megaupload. You were a good upload site that didn't force the user to answer retarded Captcha's.

Hmm so thats why I couldn't connect to megaupload.

Here they come america soldiers of Corporates copyrights.

But I wonder wasn't MU main branch registered in HongKong or similar place, like the rest of the new hosts?

As for the

Lulz celebrities get sh1t from producers, they mostly earn on the net or tickets from concerts. When I see those large Corporations crying it makes me go "Duh?", but thats probably cause I'm not from Usa.

Last edited:
Yes, MU is a Hong Kong-based site... But they had servers in the US I think..
Still, this SOPA/PIPA shit is all irritating in a hundred ways.

The beginning of the end is just around the corner, following MU's blood trail.

Its a matter of time before internet goes trough some backdoor, be it TOR or other way.

i guess this was their target from the beginning... they want to stripped MU with SOPA before, since SOPA isn't going to happen yet, they do it by force! someone has to responsible for this!

Hope the other major filehosts have measures to prevent this from happening to them. I don't wanna go back to torrenting..

Yes. The return of MU is highly unlikely as of the moment. But I guess he'll probably bail out sooner or later too.
Besides, I think the hat-wearing folks and other techies might already have a contingency plan if ever SOPA and PIPA gets amended. Let's just say its like 10 against 1. 1 being america and 10 for the rest of the world.

this is just the sign of world 1st cyber war being started... now get your LOIC everyone! and help to protect the internet!

Actually, don't you guys think that it would also be a good thing if this SOPA/PIPA bills get amended? Imagine, america will trigger a net rally and harbor lots of angry mobs. No, rather, a whole world of angry mobs.

What do you think will happen next? America will have no choice but to get humbled down sooner or later. They've been pretty flashy, arrogant and much of a control freak lately. Thanks to their crappy constitution.

Fileserve already removed its affilate program thousands of people are in rage, jeez whats going on ^^.

Fileserve and Uploadstation apparently suspended their affiliate program - without paying any of the money they still owed. Obviously they're going to blame it on Megaupload going down, but given how MU had no affiliate program either...
VideoBB/VideoZer mass-killed content.
Filepost is rumored to be mass-deleting accounts.

Yeah, I'm really having a great week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Remember , Hentai SAVE the world.
You are here because your parents did something HENTAI before . If you enjoy in any hentai product , don't forget them .
Always be grateful
hghhgh wrote on Shine's profile.
[ハチハチダヌキ] てんせいせいかつ -TS娘とただれた夏休み-ver1.3.3
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01040107.html
mizuno ai wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you upload RJ428404 update ?