I'm a guy but I like otome game is it weird?

hirasawa

Feb 29, 2012
I recenly play otome game like starry sky/ozmafia and fall in love with this kind of game
I feel really confuse because I'm not interesting in men(in sexual way)
I really love the feeling when a guy keep coming toward protagonist(girl only)
So the question is... am I gay? I feel really weird

No, you're not homosexual or gay. There are guys who play Otome games. However, it is a majority but a minority. 18+ Otome games are pretty much the same as eroge but reverse. You will be just seeing everything through the girl's eyes.

I recenly play otome game like starry sky/ozmafia and fall in love with this kind of game

It is completely normal and fine to play Otome games. :D It's nice to know others enjoy this genre of games/visual novels. It is fine to have different tastes and be interested in various things. As long as you respect each other. :)

I'm a guy who plays Otome games too and i don't think there is anything wrong with that, I mean as long as you enjoy them you should not feel bad or strange while playing them

Reactions: Vice
It's clear that a man who kills game characters in fantasy worlds is not a murderer in RL. It's also clear that a man who flirts with male characters in games does not necessarily mean a gay in RL.

Let's see data about otome games.
According to "App Ape Analytics" (Japanese mobile app data analysis), about 5~15% of otome game players are male, while 70~75% of unisex game players are male. The following are the ratio of male:female players in popular galges(美少女ゲーム), otome games, and unisex games.

Galge 1. ラブライブ!スクフェス (Love Live! School Idol Festival)
Male 46% : Female 54%
Galge 2. アイドルマスター デレステ (The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage)
Male 64% : Female 36%
Otome game 1. あんさんぶるスターズ! (Ensemble Stars)
Male 13% : Female 87%
Otome game 2. イケメン戦国 (Ikemen Sengoku)
Male 6% : Female 94%
Otome game 3. 夢王国と眠れる100人の王子様 (100 sleeping princes & the kingdom of dreams)
Male 12% : Female 88%
Unisex game 1. パズル&ドラゴンズ (Puzzle & Dragons)
Male 69% : Female 31%
Unisex game 2. モンスターストライク (Monster Strike)
Male 74% : Female 26%

Surprisingly, 8 out of top 10 DAU (daily active users) games have more female playerbase than male. Not only otome games but even galges are supported eagerly by female players. It's safe to say that (mobile) games are no longer primarily for men, and female gamers are the key for developers to succeed in the trends; to increase the number of female players in unisex games like puzzle&dragons and to expand the pie of female-favored games like otome games.

BTW, 乙女ゲーム(otome game) cannot be shortened to "otoge" because it sounds exactly the same as 音ゲー(rhythm game) in Japanese.

@adalgis; [MENTION=93615]aienma[/MENTION]; [MENTION=91327]Aii[/MENTION]; [MENTION=115074]akiakane[/MENTION]; [MENTION=59724]alice485[/MENTION]; [MENTION=94894]Alistar[/MENTION]; [MENTION=61398]ammyn[/MENTION]; [MENTION=35301]anime555[/MENTION]; [MENTION=38867]Animegirl1993[/MENTION]; [MENTION=72027]Azumin[/MENTION]; [MENTION=99879]Cassiiie[/MENTION]; [MENTION=62203]chibideea[/MENTION]; [MENTION=61754]Eana[/MENTION]; [MENTION=63291]Emiko[/MENTION]; [MENTION=69933]endlessnine[/MENTION]; [MENTION=124882]erima[/MENTION]; [MENTION=90696]Eucari[/MENTION]; [MENTION=15715]Fatychan[/MENTION]; [MENTION=97625]JaxxBlaxx[/MENTION]; [MENTION=52326]Kai Yuki[/MENTION]; [MENTION=5132]katarin[/MENTION]; [MENTION=104831]kiria254[/MENTION]; [MENTION=64933]kummi[/MENTION]; [MENTION=126076]Kyora[/MENTION]; [MENTION=73007]Langesha[/MENTION]; [MENTION=84690]Larra[/MENTION]; [MENTION=94082]lechiotta[/MENTION]; [MENTION=77305]lenneth[/MENTION]; [MENTION=79197]Liaren[/MENTION]; [MENTION=58817]limon[/MENTION]; [MENTION=110379]Luinelle[/MENTION]; [MENTION=61683]lylychan[/MENTION]; [MENTION=92518]Majoranime[/MENTION]; [MENTION=56367]marmora[/MENTION]; [MENTION=62988]Mayko[/MENTION]; [MENTION=89582]mayly[/MENTION]; [MENTION=83074]Meerin[/MENTION]; [MENTION=107445]merla692[/MENTION]; [MENTION=75598]Mika-chan[/MENTION]; [MENTION=109674]mirokitty[/MENTION]; [MENTION=113187]Morineko[/MENTION]; [MENTION=82678]MyAlice[/MENTION]; [MENTION=62015]ochaku[/MENTION]; [MENTION=28459]otome-lover[/MENTION]; [MENTION=61638]Pandorushka[/MENTION]; [MENTION=86580]PrinJess[/MENTION]; [MENTION=108567]RainbowNiji[/MENTION]; [MENTION=17202]resha[/MENTION]; [MENTION=112460]rin123[/MENTION]; [MENTION=116929]Rinokitsuki[/MENTION]; [MENTION=99950]riyochan[/MENTION]; [MENTION=123224]sakuusaku[/MENTION]; [MENTION=34462]Satellizer123[/MENTION]; [MENTION=46284]sbl88252525[/MENTION]; [MENTION=111121]shacchan[/MENTION]; [MENTION=119137]Silver Identity[/MENTION]; [MENTION=77736]silverr[/MENTION]; [MENTION=61901]SLiel[/MENTION]; [MENTION=100886]soramafu[/MENTION]; [MENTION=75409]sweetietimezz[/MENTION]; [MENTION=61799]Timote0[/MENTION]; [MENTION=76628]Tsukimawari[/MENTION]; [MENTION=41747]VampAyano[/MENTION]; [MENTION=107408]vers[/MENTION]; [MENTION=122545]Vishwa[/MENTION]; [MENTION=67108]Vivi17[/MENTION]; [MENTION=55142]whiskasgirl[/MENTION]; [MENTION=41278]Wilshrile[/MENTION]; [MENTION=82176]yaochangneko[/MENTION]; [MENTION=47902]Yukime[/MENTION]; [MENTION=126159]yukino678[/MENTION]; [MENTION=75767]Zauria[/MENTION]; [MENTION=125287]zenslover[/MENTION]; [MENTION=81505]zurako[/MENTION];

Last edited:
Reactions: candysweet1412

nah, its totally normal ..... to me the game were made to target the audience regardless gender ( the only reason why its call maiden game cause majority of the player is girl but dat doesnt mean guy dont play it. I mean I play yuri game but that doesnt make me like girls in sexual way)

I know what you mean, attention from guy in the otome game made us player feel well *cough* cough* . Loved. I mean in real life there is slim chances of people to care what you feel but in otome usually they cherish the protagonist in the game like gem, all the sweet talk and stuff , made the player feel special . If the game eroge more like we as a player need to catch the girl.(even if sometime the girl in the game are mostly dere type and at point unbearable but it has its merit point). Lel.. you dont need to be specific sexually oriented just to play certain game... if it has good storyline , and art why not rite?

There's nothing wrong with liking Otome games. Take it from me: I play Yuri VNs and I'm a straight, married woman. Why do I like them? I like visual novels and reading in general. Despite the genre of the game, I'd play it. I wish I had enough time on my hands to play them all. :(

Play what you want and phooey to those who'd judge you! :akazukin_rawr:

I think you should play whatever you like to play =D As mainly an otome player, I've played a variety of games for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the settings, art, curiosity or just for fun =D

There is nothing wrong with playing games that you like to play regardless of your gender or orientation. I usually play BL and otome games, but if there is no stopping me in enjoying a galge with a good story. The most important thing is you enjoy it!

I'm a straight cis man and I've enjoyed a couple of otome games. Besides the obvious difference in targeted demographics, they're not that different from male-oriented galge and eroge, really. Some have protagonists that make me want to slap them; some are pure self-insert fantasies; some overly sexualise the Mary Sue heroines and Gary Stu heroes. Within those are pure gems sure to draw in anyone who's a sucker for romance (which I am). I'll even add that I personally find otome games generally better in one certain regard: they don't reduce girls into submissive dolls.

I see nothing wrong with you being a guy and liking otome games. I have other friends who are like that too. Do what you want to do.

I'm a guy too but this does not stop me from playing these games. It's my japanese lit teacher and if someone asks how I study jap, I'd proudly say otome games. Sure, I have played a few galge too but I prefer otome story-wise.

Hardly weird at all! :3 You're in the minority but there's nothing wrong with that.
I'm female and I enjoy galge and eroge from time to time. I find the girls lovable/ adorable/ charming and what-not, despite being straight and I think I'm pretty normal. :alice_blink:

It's clear that a man who kills game characters in fantasy worlds is not a murderer in RL. It's also clear that a man who flirts with male characters in games does not necessarily mean a gay in RL.

Let's see data about otome games.
According to "App Ape Analytics" (Japanese mobile app data analysis), about 5~15% of otome game players are male, while 70~75% of unisex game players are male. The following are the ratio of male:female players in popular galges(美少女ゲーム), otome games, and unisex games.

Galge 1. ラブライブ!スクフェス (Love Live! School Idol Festival)
Male 46% : Female 54%
Galge 2. アイドルマスター デレステ (The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage)
Male 64% : Female 36%
Otome game 1. あんさんぶるスターズ! (Ensemble Stars)
Male 13% : Female 87%
Otome game 2. イケメン戦国 (Ikemen Sengoku)
Male 6% : Female 94%
Otome game 3. 夢王国と眠れる100人の王子様 (100 sleeping princes & the kingdom of dreams)
Male 12% : Female 88%
Unisex game 1. パズル&ドラゴンズ (Puzzle & Dragons)
Male 69% : Female 31%
Unisex game 2. モンスターストライク (Monster Strike)
Male 74% : Female 26%

Surprisingly, 8 out of top 10 DAU (daily active users) games have more female playerbase than male. Not only otome games but even galges are supported eagerly by female players. It's safe to say that (mobile) games are no longer primarily for men, and female gamers are the key for developers to succeed in the trends; to increase the number of female players in unisex games like puzzle&dragons and to expand the pie of female-favored games like otome games.

BTW, 乙女ゲーム(otome game) cannot be shortened to "otoge" because it sounds exactly the same as 音ゲー(rhythm game) in Japanese.
That was super interesting, thanks for your post!

I don't think is wrong to play different kind of games as long have a good story i play some gal games because of story and characters even i see different kind of anime
what most important for me is enjoy with games and story ^^

I think it's perfectly fine, I'm a female and I play both Visual Novels as well as Otome Games. I've honestly played more Visual Novels than I have Otome Games thus far, although that's mostly because I find it more difficult to find download links for Otome Games online than I do VNs. o (^‿^✿)

Recently though, thanks to me coming across this site, I've been finding download links to Otome Games a bit more easily and I'm actually really looking forward to playing the ones I've gotten from here! (∩˃o˂∩)。❤

Plus the difference in the actual gameplay isn't all that different between the two genres, other than VNs typically having more H-scenes, but I almost always skip through those scenes to continue with the storyline. So far when it comes to VNs I like some if not all of the 07th Expansion, LiarSoft, Type-Moon, Air, and NitroPlus games. ⊂(◉‿◉)

Either way I feel like in some ways the Otome Game can be a lot more fun to play. Since they can be cute, funny, and romantic with their scenes and interactive play without making the focus of the game too carnal in nature. Not that all VNs are like that, but in a lot of VNs the focus can be on us trying to pursue the romantic interest rather than us getting pursued by them. (∿°○°)∿ ︵ ǝʌol

Plus when it comes to Otome Games I'll often find myself blushing or finding that my heart will race/skip beats here and there, which isn't a reaction I typically get in most VNs, much less in real life. If anything the most emotional response I've gotten to a VN is where it made me cry. Clannad, Angel Beats, and Katawa Shoujo did that for me. Also, I'm not really interested in seeking to get that *doki*doki reaction from a RL person. I honestly prefer the guys in the Otome games I play, since in RL a lot of guys my age are only after one thing and even if there may be a nice guy out there at this point and for many years from now I may still not find the idea of being in a courtship with anybody attractive enough to pursue it outside of a game setting. ❤ (◦˘ З(◦’ںˉ◦)

Plus the way the guys treat you in Otome Games is really sweet, the way they care for you and the way they try to get you to fall for them or the way you yourself try to win their affection over will typically leave one feeling pleasantly satisfied by the end of the game. There's no pressure and the guy usually won't do anything to harm the girl (aka you). If anything, in game wise, the guy will even be willing to put himself in harms way to protect/save you to the point where he'd be willing to sacrifice his own life for you. It ends up making you feel like you're special and truly irreplaceable to him. It's a feeling that stays with you even after the game is done. (✿◠‿◠) 〜❤⃛

If anything you liking Otome Games and playing them will give you a better perspective of things by a woman's stand point and what we'd like to experience in terms of a relationship. Plus an older friend of mine, who I introduced Otome Games to, said that in comparison to how people seek out romances today it's a fresh of breath air to play a game like this. Since apparently with how things are done now it's making it too easy for people to make connections. The guy doesn't have to go too much out of his way to talk to you and that a mere swipe on a screen or a like is enough to initiate things. There's hardly any chivalric romances to be found out there these days, so Otome games are fun to play regardless of gender identification or age, plus there's a lot of guys that play Otome Games it doesn't mean you're gay sweeitie! & either way most Otome Games are developed and programmed by men. (ᅌᴗᅌ* )

Last edited:
i'm gonna be 100% honest. yes it is weird, but so what? everyone is weird to someone. weird people are fun, and normal people are boring. i live in america, and the entire concept of eroge is weird. weird people are the best, and personally, i avoid normal people. and to answer that question, no it's not gay. you probably just like romance as a whole. doesn't matter who gets romanced, as long as it happens ^.^

nothing wrong at all. I'm lez and play yuri VNs mostly but that doesnt stop me from playing great het games like Grisaia series or Pretty x Cation,etc. Also doesn't change fact that Chrono Crusade I think is one of the best love stories of all time! so just like what you like, it's all cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Ghiaccio wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello.
Is it possible to reupload the RJ336575?
Rann wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, please upload love n life lucky teacher V 2.0.0 :(

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2445340/Love_n_Life_Lucky_Teacher/
Christ is Risen, Truly Risen & Love Everlasting, all praise to Thee' Heavenly Father, Son and Holy Ghost!
darkpachon wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload these link in katfile?

(18禁ゲーム) [150626][STUDIO邪恋] 操心術 外伝 ~綾河博士のHENTAI事件簿~

sorry
NW Energy is a leading solar firm serving Vancouver and the surrounding areas. We design, manufacture, and install solar energy systems to help you save money while also delivering a cleaner, more stable power source. Over 10,000 households and businesses have benefited from our comprehensive energy solutions.