How many of you guys watch old anime?

Just watch a rather old series last weekend. Named Berserk. 25 episodes. It talks about a young warrior who wields a giant sword or rather a claymore fighting opponents much bigger his size. And one day he was defeated by a leader of a bandit group. He joined the group after that and they become famous and eventually merge in with the military.

The story somehow escalate into fighting demons on the last episode and left an incomplete ending.. but i like the main character as he was young with incredible strength and how much he improve along the way and help the group grow.

Somehow i just went ahead to watch it over again when i browse through my HDD of old anime collection :anblink:

its not particularly old, but I always have a hankering to watch Honey and Clover every year somehow.
I also watch Mahoromatic, Onegai Teacher (I can't say Twins was that good), Ah My goddess (the 1990s OVAs/Movie), Kimagure Orange Road, stuff like that on a decently regular basis to remind me that there used to in fact, be good anime in the pre-Haruhi era (it would be off topic to explain why that is)

its not particularly old, but I always have a hankering to watch Honey and Clover every year somehow.
I also watch Mahoromatic, Onegai Teacher (I can't say Twins was that good), Ah My goddess (the 1990s OVAs/Movie), Kimagure Orange Road, stuff like that on a decently regular basis to remind me that there used to in fact, be good anime in the pre-Haruhi era (it would be off topic to explain why that is)

I got into anime pretty late in the game. Pre haruhi era? Care to elaborate a bit please? I've seen a few episode of haruhi but dropped it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Just watch a rather old series last weekend. Named Berserk. 25 episodes. It talks about a young warrior who wields a giant sword or rather a claymore fighting opponents much bigger his size. And one day he was defeated by a leader of a bandit group. He joined the group after that and they become famous and eventually merge in with the military.

The story somehow escalate into fighting demons on the last episode and left an incomplete ending.. but i like the main character as he was young with incredible strength and how much he improve along the way and help the group grow.

Somehow i just went ahead to watch it over again when i browse through my HDD of old anime collection :anblink:

Great ill give that show a try.

Currently watching Irresponsible Captain Tylor.
Reason: Most of the 'old' animes not available to me, during their prime.
So now, with the help of Internet, I'm reclaiming all those unclaimed "mileage-fare" anime.

I'm still looking for an 80's anime, Dolbuk.
If anybody have any information which could lead to it "capture", I'll be pretty much appreciate it.

I personally get eyecancer from pre 2000 stuff, yet I somehow watched plenty of them when I was little - like Bee Maya, Alps no Shoujo Heidi (yes, Heidi), Akage no Anne, Ganbare! Kickers etcetc.
Apart from those examples being rather directed to kids until the age of maybe ten, the rather shitty animation and bad visual quality gives me the creeps nowadays.
Now people may argue like 'but today's stuff is all recurring shit and about moe and fanservice and blah'.
I totally approve of moe (>_O)b

I personally get eyecancer from pre 2000 stuff, yet I somehow watched plenty of them when I was little - like Bee Maya, Alps no Shoujo Heidi (yes, Heidi), Akage no Anne, Ganbare! Kickers etcetc.
Apart from those examples being rather directed to kids until the age of maybe ten, the rather shitty animation and bad visual quality gives me the creeps nowadays.
Now people may argue like 'but today's stuff is all recurring shit and about moe and fanservice and blah'.
I totally approve of moe (>_O)b
Cool! Someone who still remember Heidi and Kickers. Oh man, those animes really bring back memories. Do you remember Jackie and the Bush Baby, or Daddy Long Legs?

i often watch old anime from 70s and 80s, lately just re-watched alpen rose!

Cool! Someone who still remember Heidi and Kickers. Oh man, those animes really bring back memories. Do you remember Jackie and the Bush Baby, or Daddy Long Legs?
Not really, no.
Germany was rather poor with anime - we still are today because only Narotu and One Piece are airing but it's been like that forever ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
We had Sailor Moon~

I'm currently rewatching Sailormoon, Samurai X, the Saber Marionette series and Nightwalker. Man, I watched a lot of anime when I was young. I'll probably add the first fullmetal alchemist to that list when I finish Nightwalker. I don't have any interest at all in most of the new animes, so most of what I watch is old stuff.

I've been watching anime since Toonami started showing Robotech on t.v. (was in elementary school I think) Have watched so many anime that "old anime" feels more like "Oh yeah, I watched that back in xxxx" heh..

Still, I guess a lot of them are some of my favorites depending on what you want to call old. Ones like Legend of the Galactic Heroes or Super Dimension Fortress Macross are some of my favorite animes, but are we at the point where mid 90's anime are "old" lol?

I guess, but it's still kind of hard for me to be treating Great Teacher Onizuka, Slayers, etc., as "old stuff" compared to ones like Galactic Heroes, heh.

Last edited:
Slayers ftw!!!

The old stuff is the best stuff. Dragon ball is one example of being old and being an intense win.

^ Lol yea, I'd count "old anime" as something from the last century, not in last decade.

I like watching older anime the odd time, oldest for me was Galaxy Express 999 aired in 1978 wasn't even born then lol.
Seen some of the first Gundam & Macross, and a few more of Leiji's other stuff like Harlock & Queen Millennia.

I watch old anime all the time. Can't forget the classics after all, just the other day I was watching the original Gundam series.

a cookie for you fellow berserk fan :D
the entire manga is being adapted again now.with the additional story parts the original left out :shopping:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

thebreaker2 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ106740 ver 2
RJ132271 ver 2.02
RJ130405 ver 1.04
RJ127061 ver 1.06
RJ114347 ver 1.10
RJ086550 ver 1.24

All download links are dead
Please could you reupload these using mexa.sh link?
trenx wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, any chance of getting this game?

妻の面影残る娘に、疼く欲情 ~俺のモノで教えてやる!~ アパタイト https://www.dlsite.com/pro/work/=/product_id/VJ01002091.html

Thanks for your time
pin13 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, do you think you can upload this please?

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
Ghiaccio wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello.
Is it possible to reupload the RJ336575?
Rann wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, please upload love n life lucky teacher V 2.0.0 :(

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2445340/Love_n_Life_Lucky_Teacher/