How many of you guys watch old anime?

Just recently rewatched Neon Genesis Evangelion. Not normally a fan of Mecha but I did love this series. Yes the animation wasn't the best and towards the end it was even worse. But its a iconic series and the storyline behind it was brilliant!
Besides that other old ones I've rewatched have been Sailor Moon, DBZ and digimon. I tend to stick to newer stuff now or series from the moe bubble.

But its a iconic series and the storyline behind it was brilliant!

Watch Space Runaway Ideon among a few others and see just how ripped off it is. Something even Anno Hideaki had to admit he "borrowed heavy from" because of the many similarities.

Hell, even the End of Evangelion "ammends" is much more like Ideon's "Did they really....?!" ending with
most every main character being killed, not to mention the movies for Ideon ending the universe pretty much

But it actually does bring up a point considering this threads purpose and for all the diehard Evangelion fans, watch Ideon and see the truth, heh.

I haven't watched many old shows... so far, I think the oldest show I've watched is Lupin the 3rd. I've recently watched a few episodes of Fushigi no Umi no Nadia ( Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water)... It's really nostalgic and It gives off a peaceful feeling.

Watch Space Runaway Ideon among a few others and see just how ripped off it is. Something even Anno Hideaki had to admit he "borrowed heavy from" because of the many similarities.

Hell, even the End of Evangelion "ammends" is much more like Ideon's "Did they really....?!" ending with
most every main character being killed, not to mention the movies for Ideon ending the universe pretty much

But it actually does bring up a point considering this threads purpose and for all the diehard Evangelion fans, watch Ideon and see the truth, heh.

Interesting I've never watched or heard of Ideon before. Prob due to my lack of knowledge of mecha. But I'll look into the series and most likely add it to my MAL.

I love old school anime from the 90's and 80's/ I love the hand dwran animation, the art style and theme songs and soundtracks

Wow... If 1990 is old, then I'm ancient. I grew up watching Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato), Lupin III, Captain Harlock, Getter Robo, Cyborg 009, Galaxy Express, Doraemon, Lion Voltron, Armored Trooper Votom & Macross. I've probably seen 25,000 episodes & 800 series...

I couldn't get into Voltron, the voice acting was so baaaad!

Just like watching the Star Trek cartoon.

I couldn't get into Voltron, the voice acting was so baaaad!

Just like watching the Star Trek cartoon.

Cartoon Network aired the original run in 1984-85, I would have been 10... and didn't care about bad voice actors & horrible dubbing. I remember watching Star Blazers when it ran in the US in 1979-80 & not wanting to go on vacation because I would miss an episode.

I learned conversational Japanese in the late 90s & won't watch it dubbed anymore. There are also a lot of fan-subbers whose stuff I won't watch because it's so far off from what's actually being spoken. I can usually make do without subs now except for the occasional series that relies on dialogue in quickshot format... and I just can't keep up.

Right now I'm watching Patlabor. It's a story about a police squad that use Labor, a large robot used mainly for construction, to keep the peace and order in tokyo metropolitan.
Well you maybe remember the AV-98 Ingram and the Griffon as two of coolest real-robot design.

oh and there's still Magic Knight Rayearth stored in my HDD... (haven't watched it yet)

Right now I'm watching Patlabor. It's a story about a police squad that use Labor, a large robot used mainly for construction, to keep the peace and order in tokyo metropolitan.
Well you maybe remember the AV-98 Ingram and the Griffon as two of coolest real-robot design.

oh and there's still Magic Knight Rayearth stored in my HDD... (haven't watched it yet)
Patlabor - one of my favourite mecha anime in the 90's. I'm still looking for the OVA of that anime, where they got the final face off between Alphonse(Ingram) and Griffon. Griffon later on self destruct to avoid capture, if my memory serve me well.

Patlabor - one of my favourite mecha anime in the 90's. I'm still looking for the OVA of that anime, where they got the final face off between Alphonse(Ingram) and Griffon. Griffon later on self destruct to avoid capture, if my memory serve me well.

I have both Patlabor OAV's. OAV I: The Early Days [1988] 7ep. OAV II: The New Files [1990] 16ep. If they are not currently available here with DDL links, Torrent links are available at Nyaa...

Still a huge fan of a number of older titles. Ranma 1/2, MS Gundam, The Slayers, Berserk, Fushigi Yuugi, The Vision of Escaflowne, Card Captor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun to name a few.

Hmm reminds me that I haven't found links for Dunbine... I saw them for the first time when playing Another Century Episode series in PS2...

How many of you knew an 80's anime called Dorvack?
881954-62TISJ0.jpg

Three main characters pilot vehicles(jeep, helicopter and tank) that can transform into robots.
Plus they got power suits units as well, but they're more as cannon folders in the anime.

Watched it back in '86 or '87. I'm still looking the anime until now.
If you guys/gals know where I can DL the complete series of it, let me know, OK?

Last edited:
yeah ... older stuff like Video Girl Ai, Maps, the original 5 part Oh My Goddess series ... and I'm still trying to find another copy of the original Windaria

From time to time i'll watch either Robotech or Macross

Voltes.jpg

Voltes V anime from 1977....parents said the president of the country banned it from being to popular than the president himself.

watched it recently just for curiosity.

I watch old anime from time to time such as air, ranma, yakitate. They all have different themes, characters, and even comedy. I watch air because even though the appearance of it isn't much compared to Clannad, it still brings out the emotions of the people watching it through the kind of music they use. Ranma is just fun, comedy, martial arts while Yakitate is all about weird bread baking that is fun and crazy at the same time

I still do for nostalgia purposes. Sometimes I watch the older ones when the newer anime just doesn't cut it for me.

From time to time I watch City Hunter, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Slayers, Candy Candy, and some series from the World Masterpiece Theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nyuge100 wrote on Esan's profile.
[Japanese] [221223][みるくふぁくとりー] もっと!孕ませ!炎のおっぱい異世界おっぱいメイド学園!
I would like a package version (iso+mds) of this. thank you for your consideration.
gamblepudding wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, can you please re-upload 機械の少女が紡いだ記憶(中編) Ver4.2 [RJ263914] in katfiile or mexa? I believe you have the latest 4.12 version.
nakamura_yuri wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload 真剣で私に恋しなさい!S 初回版? Most links are dead except for the ones on Rapidgator which don't allow me to download without a premium account. Thank you very much!