Implemented Extended PM length ? And while at it VM as well perhaps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenKiDan

おわり
Elite Member
Apr 12, 2012
Please extend the maximum character limit of only 5000 characters for pm's, I keep running into that limitation constantly it seems. Especially if there is a quote as well.

Could it be done, no harm right ? It can get quite convoluted if you have to split one pm into multiples, when it comes to keeping track and such. While it's mentioned VM's wouldn't hurt to be extended either imo, but pm's would need it more.

Just a proposal~ 20k limit for pm's ? and I forgot what the limit was for VMs but maybe just double the VM while at it ?

Would be a nice addition to the other recent pm extension.

p.s. please quote me or mention me upon a reply, thank you.

[MENTION=25661]GenKiDan[/MENTION], and anyone else interested: we can't raise the limit to 20 000 as that would simply be excessive, but we can reach the middle ground―we've increased the character limit to 10 000 for PMs. For reference, my widely-used XDCC guide thread only has a grand total of 8 771 characters, including all the formatting BBcodes. We believe that private messages at that length or more are likely an anomaly. Besides, when you've gotten close enough to someone to exchange such long messages, it's probably time you exchanged instant messaging service IDs, email addresses, or something similar? (That's not to say anything about paste services such as pastebin.com.)

With regards to VMs, however, we have no plans to increase the character limit you can have in each VM. We believe there should be a limit to how much you can clutter a profile page, even if it's your own. Also, unlike PMs, visitor messaging has this convenient "view conversation" feature which makes it easy to keep track of your conversations even if you have to split your messages into several parts. (I've personally had to split my VMs into multiple parts as well, so I can tell.) That and I think 2 000 is already a generous enough limit; most forums I've been to only allow 1 000 characters per VM.

We believe this is a rather fair bargain.

Upvote 0
[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION];
Excellent, That will help a lot for those who run into the limitation. I follow you on all the points about the rest so I won't bother going into it as you already have done. (VM's are easier bc of the conversation system indeed)

Thanks for mentioning me, I got an email notification because of it. Have a good winter, may it be filled with warm fire, in a non damaging way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

geesew wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you please upload this full version?
FrDs1996 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
I've seen you posted some otogi frontier video. If you play the game ; is it possible to ask for character scene ? Thanks in advance.
Shubham.co is a leader in providing housing finance solutions to those with informal incomes. We are amongst the first organizations in India to evolve from document-based underwriting to customized credit programs for each customer and have become a leading home loan provider to borrowers without formal income.
bloodvlad wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi sir, reupload pls
RJ376004 and RJ393848
remanen wrote on viniamin's profile.
hi, do you think it would be possible to reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]