Perplexing

Elite Member
Elite Member
Jul 26, 2011
I know this has been talked about on numerous forums/trackers that I am on and I am sure we all have some thoughts about this.

I'd like to see what everyone here thinks about the world's apparent ending in 2012.

For myself I don't believe that this will come to fruition. I've watched numerous shows and have probably read 100's of articles about this subject.

Do you feel that we are all doomed or do you feel that this is just another big scare that will end in an epic fail like all the ones before it?

Remember 1999 prophecy? Nothing happened on that day.
We also had the Y2K doomsday theory as well, yet no ICBM lunched by computer bugs on that day.
And I'm pretty sure 21st December 2012 gonna be the same as well.

Reactions: Perplexing
If the world goes on like this we dont need an external destruction. Humanity will kill itself soon enough.

Nobody can deny, that people are getting more and more crazy. 100 years ago there were no postal dudes or terrorists. The rioters in London made me think about that a lot the last few days.

Wait, I thought we recent revised the date to be sometime Dec 2011? We're still going on that 2012 World End Theory?

Man, those dates sure changes a lot!

To be honest, I don't believe in any of those myself. All I believe is if it is going to end, and if that is inevitable, then there is nothing to worry about. If it could be prevented, then we worry.

Agreed Tudelu. It makes me wonder sometimes with all that is going on if my children's children will even have a world to live in. I mean don't get me wrong I don't want world peace as I think it's not possible, however I see no reason why we can't just coexist with one another. We could have some form of world peace at least.

Of course any peacetime effort brought about now will eventually boil over into another set of wars but seriously enough is enough. I want the fighting to end as much as anyone, shame the government doesn't feel the same way.

I don't believe the world will be coming to an end whenever that date comes to pass; however, it will be interesting to see what happens when we start to run low on the resources we use that are nonrenewable. Will humanity band together and come up with solutions, or will we fight over the scraps to keep our existing infrastructure afloat to avoid the inevitable at the cost of lives, money, and more resources? We must come to be self reliant in our households. The electricity needs to come from something else like solar; here in Texas our electrical grid is being stressed because of the demand brought on by AC units being used because of the heat. Not to mention that our current infrastructure in the U.S. has not been updated in quite some time. Food also needs to be grown in house, fruits and vegetables will suffice, and those skills taught to kids in school so that they can survive. I don't want a return to simple times, but people must know how to survive in case of disaster and how to live in a fashion that is smarter and more focused on self reliance. If anything those skills are nice to know.

Last edited:
Nobody can deny, that people are getting more and more crazy.
Not really. It's just being reported more often and in more vivid details. Fun fact: Here they conducted a survey about capital crimes. Most of the population believed the number to be rising, while in reality there were fewer capital crimes committed.
At some point of time the media simply caught on to the fact that bad news have a stronger impact than good ones - and thus bring better ratings.

Just think about Jack the Ripper or Vlad the Impaler if you want some past examples of crazy people. There's many more like them, but since they lived in the past their not of interest to our day-to-day live (and also not newsworthy).

I think the biggest issue I have with this amongst other doomsday prophecies it that the media of course buys into it and then you get those radicals that preach 'The end is Nigh" and it gets tiring.

I'm a Christian, I've been a lot of things in my life and this is ultimately what I believe and I will say nothing more about it, however when you see people acting like this it kind of makes you cringe a bit because of their foolishness. To those who are not familiar with our beliefs in a nutshell it is made clear that when the end time comes no one will know it until it happens.

I may be crazy for viewing it like this but to me a set date being broadcast as such is just another day to me because I firmly believe that when the day does come it will be a day when no one is expecting it.

Plus I find it hard to believe an ancient race that disappeared without a trace, hell maybe they just didn't have a chance to finish the calendar :P lol

Aye, I',m agreed with what Perplex said. When it come, it gonna come without warning.
Thou God will send some signs of it coming, like when Jesus come back to Earth.

Last edited:
The only "REAL" thing happening in 2012 is the Galactic Alignment will complete, and the Earth will complete it's axis rotation. That is it! NO BOOM! no Aliens gonna come eat us, nothing like that LOL! I HOPE that the government will pull its head out of its booty tho LOL!

Considering how the world was also supposed to end on the day of my graduation (very nice graduation present there whichever guy that was). I would say 2012 would just be another random day and i would be sitting around watching anime as usual ignoring the people going crazy. My friends believe it might be a day where some change happens.

It's just end of the Mayan calender, it'll be just any other day. But my predication would be an end of an era and prelude to a new one.

IMO, Theism is just our own imagination. Consisted up from feelings of fear, insecurities, and hope to find something dependable on our side to calm ourselves down.

IMO, the world will not officially end (ex. crack in two) during ours, even human's, lifetime.

But the world "as we know it" can "end" anytime, any minute, any second.

What if POTUS and the cabinet suddenly gone mad due to unspecified chemical attack at the White House, and they launched Nuclear-Warheaded ICBMs to Russia?

That's pretty much the end of the world to me.

I've never believed that the world be coming to an end :D .. unless, 4 billion years affter, the sun will be exploded :-??

After December 2012, the Mayan had to change to a new calender. That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Glaymez wrote on Shine's profile.
Will you upload this game by any chance? That would be amazing

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01198627.html - 犯られたままじゃおわれないっ!!
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01197309.html

The draught seems to be over, and interesting games are coming out one after another.

Thanks a ton!
In the trenches desperate to play Shiro to Kuro no Alice
awsater wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you update RJ01114470 please? It's in 12 parts, but parts 7 and 9 are missing. There are no problems with the rest.
Irish99 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hello can you please reupload いたずらっ娘 ~うちの娘にかぎって to katfile or mexashare if you have the time.