[Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Hm. Seems this is also used as mod release thread besides mod discussion. Anyway, try to share some thoughts with modding HS:

1. Major difference between HS trial and official release is that most of the submeshes have their materials externally linked. Game performance seems to be improved.
Using internal materials/shaders are still feasible by copy-paste function, but sometimes it creates "it was not built with the right version" bug in output log and requires changing of Inventory offset.

2. Most of the CharaCustomList textasset files has added columns, e.g. cf_f_swim_00 has two "abdata" columns. This seems to be related to the unknown format files under abdata folder (a few file called abdata, add01, add02, etc).

3. Making additional studio items are possible, but it is way more inconvenient and confusing than SBPR. There are a few "lists" under abdata\studio\list\itemlist, but they have nothing to do with the items (the textasset files point to a non-existent folder abdata\studio\item\, so it should be some remedies from SBPR).

You have to go to abdata\studio\itemobj\honey and the 00.unity3d file is the right "list" that the game used for indexing the studio item. Unlike SBPR, which you can add new "lists" if you want to add new items, adding another "list" here has no effect to the game. (Again, I suspect that, it has something to do with the unknown format file studio00 under abdata folder)

Adding additional rows in 00.unity3d is the only way to add items to the game. But meh, I really don't like this, because everyone will be editing on the same list again, creating another ItemList_ES fiasco :(

Gonna post this here since HF is kinda fucky right now.

Custom heads work just fine, of course, shaders from the trial no longer work in here, so they must be changed to the full game counterparts.

So I guess next is that guide.

Attachments

• HoneySelect_64 2016-09-11 02-55-44-93.jpg
    HoneySelect_64 2016-09-11 02-55-44-93.jpg
    695 KB · Views: 3,590
Seems like all the game (HS) I downloaded are corrupted during installation.... Surprisingly copy-paste worked.

@Aastaroth
Studio folder is similar like SBPR and same function as SBPR. You worked on something called "List Architecture" or something? Although I did not use that in last release any chance you are working on it for HS? Is there a way to avoid a item list management? Let me know what are you plan on it. Cuz I might need some roughly about 2000 or maybe more empty slots this time. But that depends if I need that much slots. Let me know what are your thoughts on this

Thanks.

Seems like all the game (HS) I downloaded are corrupted during installation.... Surprisingly copy-paste worked.

@Aastaroth
Studio folder is similar like SBPR and same function as SBPR. You worked on something called "List Architecture" or something? Although I did not use that in last release any chance you are working on it for HS? Is there a way to avoid a item list management? Let me know what are you plan on it. Cuz I might need some roughly about 2000 or maybe more empty slots this time. But that depends if I need that much slots. Let me know what are your thoughts on this

Thanks.

Hi ramoram! Long time no talk with you. I saw you keep importing maps to SBPR, which is always nice thing to see :)

Good thing about HS is that the standard shader is a powerful beast. One shader for the whole map. You just need to change a few properties in the materials and the shader will take care of anything else. So it would be much more faster to import maps in it. And they look really nice, as well :)

But the main problem is that HS studio refused to accept any files I added. I can't do anything but adding new rows on illusion's existing file 00.unity3d.
So argh, it would be like the ol' ItemList_ES way, where every modder uses the same list (and worse than that, illusion uses it too).

Unless illusion changes the file structure (like what they did to mess up SBPR item mods), I cannot see any convenient way to manage item mods.
My advice is that, it would be safer to wait for a few weeks to avoid mod conflicts with official patches.

@Aastaroth
Now that you mentioned it, yeah I realized that it's a long time we didn't talk talk. :D I guess we were all bidding our time before the game release. Oh! So you did see my TR maps.... I thought you were busy and gonna missed lot's of Studio posts.

That's nice to hear that porting stuff is easier now, I didn't know that how new unity5 is upgraded...

No problem in waiting and since illusion releasing fix patches and upgrading studio I don't mind at all to wait because I don't want another ItemList_ES in this game.

Okay, going back to what I was saying, here is how you make the strapon, as well as alternate angles for the strapon

First, grab the bondage bikini for the bass (this is the one that works the best for my method)

Then grab the mask panties, click the waist option (third one in them middle) and manipulate it so that the front is in the middle of the bikini bottoms and stretched out so that the top two corners are attached to the corners of the harness. For the test model (X1: 0.0 Y1: -3.5 Z1: -2.6 X2: 355 Y2: 0 Z: 178 X3: 1.00 Y3: 1.33 Z3: 1.00)

Then grab the tengu nose, paint it black and utilize the same waist placement method for it and follow these coordinates 2 more times for three angles total. I shall provide the coordinates in picture form cuz I am lazy

When in studio mode, you can easily turn off the other two penis parts in order to utilize one specific angle (Or you don't have to and give her a multicock...which probably is a fetish out there). It's tricky to find animations in the game that work with it (get on that translation patch quick lads!) but it does work and there are animations that look good when utilizing this method.

So there you go, an effective, all in game method of creating a strapon (plus it works in SBPR as well!!) Use it for female on male, female on female or heck, for female on female, you could turn off only the lowest angled dildo and make one that goes in both holes!!!

....my mind left me a long time agoView attachment 12197View attachment 12198View attachment 12199View attachment 12200View attachment 12201View attachment 12202

Ugh, so much arguing taking up the thread. I don't think this is quite what enimaroah had in mind when he made this thread. My post about the uncensor mod is already buried pages back, and that was posted mere hours ago.

Damn HS shader size is 1MB has very few stuff compare to SBPR that has 75MB shader has lots of good thing in it.
Are these Files should be in "abdata" (screen shot) folder? Because I feel like they are in wrong place since I install this game via copy-paste because I get error in installation.

It does not have the "Marmoset Glow" in shader. Is the glow is replaced with "Unlit-Alpha"? Because I don't know about the shaders. I also feel like "Marmoset" is replaced with "PBRsp". Aastaroth do you mind telling me about the shader stuff and I think porting is similar like SBPR no doubt.

You are right. The shaders are stored under those mat_ file under abdata folder.

No you don't need as many shader as you did in SBPR. Unity 5 shader is intended for this - a universal shader which satisfies various needs without switching this and that.
I only used one shader in my map and it pretty much satisfied my needs. You just need to study how the properties do. Those you can hover on top of the properties for explanations.

Last edited:
You are right. The shaders are stored under those mat_ file under abdata folder.

No you don't need as many shader as you did in SBPR. Unity 5 shader is intended for this - a universal shader which satisfies various needs without switching this and that.
I only used one shader in my map and it pretty much satisfied my needs. You just need to study how the properties do. Those you can hover on top of the properties for explanations.

Woah! Mat size is 1.65GB! Freaking big file and it covers almost everything and there are more mats. I will explore more on that, thanks. I hope it has the shader/materials I need mainly the "Glow" for light rays, "Base-Trans" or "Wave-Trans" for the animated water. I thinks that all for now since you mentioned unity-5 handles most shader, so for meshes like trees or leaves that needs "Alpha-Cutoff will be generated automatically. Right? OOHH. I wana test that.... Not be difficult this time since it's like doing SBPR mods from scratch :XD:

Woah! Mat size is 1.65GB! Freaking big file and it covers almost everything and there are more mats. I will explore more on that, thanks. I hope it has the shader/materials I need mainly the "Glow" for light rays, "Base-Trans" or "Wave-Trans" for the animated water. I thinks that all for now since you mentioned unity-5 handles most shader, so for meshes like trees or leaves that needs "Alpha-Cutoff will be generated automatically. Right? OOHH. I wana test that.... Not be difficult this time since it's like doing SBPR mods from scratch :XD:

There is a "mode" under material properties which change the material used to opaque/alpha-cutoff/transparent/fade-out. Not so sure about the glow but should have something to do with the emission map. Wave shader could be something different though.

I haven't downloaded the new SB3tool. I will check it. Some rooms have the glowing lamp I will extract the material there and save it as separate template same goes to bathroom there is a "water" in it I will extract those materials too and everything will be ready. I only wish they could add the "Stage dance" map. There is a "mono-behavior" which makes mesh to move or rotate. DilDoe used that to create "Tracer's outfit" in OverWatch. PlayClub mod. Looks so nice...

@ramoram @Aastaroth @enimaroah or anyone actually.

I am having trouble finding the outfit textures, and I didn't keep up with the trial modding post. Can anyone tell me where they are? Also, I can not get the 4E2D tag to save to the items and it is having no effect in game. Not really important without finding the textures, but it will be the next step anyway. Any help with this also?

akyryz, do you plan on updating your Toggle POV mod for the full game? It was excellent and there's no working alternative sadly.
It was yours if i remember right, can't check on it now on HF. :S

Btw this site is going down too or what? It's getting worse day by day.

I am having trouble finding the outfit textures, and I didn't keep up with the trial modding post. Can anyone tell me where they are? Also, I can not get the 4E2D tag to save to the items and it is having no effect in game. Not really important without finding the textures, but it will be the next step anyway. Any help with this also?

The game have changed, now meshes and materials (with shaders and textures) are not longer in the same file but are separated into two files. The meshes are in /abdata/chara/ like always but textures are in directory /abdata/. They are marked mat_cha_00, mat_cha_01, and so on.

The current version of SB3UGS can't work with meshes and materials separated this way so there is a limit of what you can do with materials; Enimaroah is already working on correcting this.

The 4E2D tag works fine since I have already tried it. One thing you have to be careful about is the location of the file. For Honey Select you have to edit the files in their directory. If you try to edit a copy of a file in another directory outside of HS, SB3UGS can't save the changes done to the file.

The game have changed, now meshes and materials (with shaders and textures) are not longer in the same file but are separated into two files. The meshes are in /abdata/chara/ like always but textures are in directory /abdata/. They are marked mat_cha_00, mat_cha_01, and so on.

The current version of SB3UGS can't work with meshes and materials separated this way so there is a limit of what you can do with materials; Enimaroah is already working on correcting this.

The 4E2D tag works fine since I have already tried it. One thing you have to be careful about is the location of the file. For Honey Select you have to edit the files in their directory. If you try to edit a copy of a file in another directory outside of HS, SB3UGS can't save the changes done to the file.
My apologies for the random question, but are there any plans to port your eye-shadow mod?

Ahh. There goes the ggmod. This is why we can't have nice things anymore.

Fuck.

Anyways, got a swimsuit working with materials inside its own asset bundle with no problems, but I guess that's not going to be necessary in the future.

Attachments

• HoneySelect_64 2016-09-11 17-32-21-36.jpg
    HoneySelect_64 2016-09-11 17-32-21-36.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 2,516
Last edited:

Gotcha Belgar, thanks for the info.

Ahh. There goes the ggmod. This is why we can't have nice things anymore.

Fuck.

Anyways, got a swimsuit working with materials inside its own asset bundle with no problems, but I guess that's not going to be necessary in the future.

@roy 12 GGmod should be in the mod release post.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm sure some already know this, but I just wanted to see if something worked out of curiosity, and it did, just like that.

You can add any pic you want as your card pics and frames in UserData\CardFrame by simply resizing to 528x720 and saving as .png. I figured you'd have to make changes to some other file, but nope.

Pics
charaF_2016_0914_0321_17_903.png
charaF_2016_0914_0317_28_769.png

Last edited:
Reactions: natsugi and effoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks